What are you listening to at the moment?

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Angolmois

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by Angolmois »

Polyhymnia wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:03 pmSometimes it gets pretty dark, but it’s hard for me to tell how much is a manifestation of preexisting mental illness and how much is external.
This could be an interesting topic to discuss on its own. I believe these things can never be completely separated.
Segel

Post by Segel »

Dead boys - ain't it fun.

For some reason I come back in every spring to listen to this band and other 70's New york protopunk bands. Some part of me loves that theme, when all the values ​​are thrown into the ditch, spit on top of them, with attitude that nothing really matters. Draining life down the drain, with drugs and suicides, like there were no future, no responsibility, like there was nothing. And everything is done with a big smile on your face and dancing like it was the last day of your life. The pain of insignificance can be seen throughout the show. For me it is nostalgic.

Secretly i also love men in girls clothes and high heels but I did't say it out loud, or did I.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Segel wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:28 pm Dead boys - ain't it fun.

For some reason I come back in every spring to listen to this band and other 70's New york protopunk bands. Some part of me loves that theme, when all the values ​​are thrown into the ditch, spit on top of them, with attitude that nothing really matters. Draining life down the drain, with drugs and suicides, like there were no future, no responsibility, like there was nothing. And everything is done with a big smile on your face and dancing like it was the last day of your life. The pain of insignificance can be seen throughout the show. For me it is nostalgic.

Secretly i also love men in girls clothes and high heels but I did't say it out loud, or did I.
I reaaly enjoy Dead Boys and 70's Punk, and the androgynous styles. But what I absolutely love is Dead Boy's singer's, Sid Bators', supergroup - Lords of the New Church!!! It is the third best band in the world, (after Billy Idol and The Cure).
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Segel

Post by Segel »

obnoxion wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:47 am
Segel wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:28 pm Dead boys - ain't it fun.

I reaaly enjoy Dead Boys and 70's Punk, and the androgynous styles. But what I absolutely love is Dead Boy's singer's, Sid Bators', supergroup - Lords of the New Church!!! It is the third best band in the world, (after Billy Idol and The Cure).
I also love Lords of the new church, And others that you mentioned. "Lords prayer" from Lords is maybe one of best songs ever!!
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Segel wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:18 am I also love Lords of the new church, And others that you mentioned. "Lords prayer" from Lords is maybe one of best songs ever!!
I love that song too. It is one of those covers that are better than the orginal. Though the TV Smith song is great too, it just sounds like it was made to be LotNC anthem.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

One of those mornings... Woke up with terrble back pains and numb left feet. In these situations very energetic and bold rock music is needed to get out of bed. Listening to these is very effective alternative medicine:

HIVES: Hate to Say I Told You So
HELLACOPTERS: By the Grace of God
WHITE STRIPES: Seven Nation Army
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

...Some more analgesic rock 'n roll from one of my favourites - MURDER CITY DEVILS:

- Idle hands
- Boom Swagger Boom
- Lemuria Rising
Silvaeon

Post by Silvaeon »

For the past month, maybe more now, I've listened almost exclusively to Italian prog rock from the 70's. It's strange times over here. lol. The music is so over-the-top, the playing is fantastic, the sounds are often very lush and symphonic, the language is beautiful, it's just got this really unique sound and feeling to it. I can't get enough.

A couple of my favorites:

Il Balleto Di Bronzo - Ys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDQG_kA6ong&t=229s

Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso - S/T
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLH2OCf ... Pt&index=2
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

In the times of the Great Lent and Easter I always listen to the Matthew Passion. Makes me cry like a little girl. This video from the Black Church also includes captions, and has a nice tempo (in some performances I find the opening piece a bit slow to my taste).
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:37 pm I was thinking if someone would bring Frozen to discussion when I mentioned Madonna music videos. :) Yes, it is the best I know. Really touching, and presents perfectly my vision of best death/afterlife possible: to disintegrate into a flock of birds in flight.
Finnish counterpart to this binahic/saturnal theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO0p_U1w89A