What are you listening to at the moment?

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Angolmois

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by Angolmois »

Maybe I've had a tendency to speak about things a little cryptically in my interviews. All I know that there is a strong push toward anti-intellectualism in bm scene and circles, and one who is neither a 'modern intellectual' nor an anti-intellectual is an odd bird and a Heretic in the company of Heretics.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

I haven't been listening to a ton of music lately just because my work load has been quite full and I prefer to work in silence or with ambient music at a very low level, which means Lustmord has been on my radar again.

I really love this track: Babel

But anytime I've had to work with my hands, I've been listening to Vital Remains, which always seems to help me find the energy I need to keep going. Oh, and a healthy dose of Paul Chain, who, along with his vocal guests, I am almost always in the mood for
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

I'm listening to Kauan - Ice Fleet, their latest album that my brother recommended to me. I find the music hauntingly beautiful, and Tenhi associations are impossible to avoid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsk0sQTv-5M
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

I just sold my soul to 90's Death Metal lords, namely Entombed and Sepultura. I think this song describes quite well where we stand.

https://youtu.be/ttD058Xg8zs
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Every few years I remember that X Japan exists and that I like everything they've done.

And since I love old live performances more than almost anything, Art of Life performed in full in 1993
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
lux ferre

Post by lux ferre »

This Song IS so spiritual when i hear this first Time whole word stop over me this i felt deep spiritualy experiense music IS to Power stop The word and open Gates to The otherside what we feel we cam see i hope you Will enjoy this two songs like me

Wardruna helvege ( Road to hel)

https://youtu.be/FnkTuHP9q3o

Wardruna kvitravn

https://youtu.be/JhiUacGzIg8
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

I love their collaboratons with Aurora! And I really enjoy their latest album.
Astraya

Post by Astraya »

For the past few days I have been listening a lot of Shakira. I often get melancholy vibes from these kind of artists, but right now this only brings joy :)
“There can be no transforming of darkness into light and of apathy into movement without emotion”
― Carl Gustav Jung
Beshiira

Post by Beshiira »

I hope I don't ruin your joy, but from this came to mind a quite strong experience regarding Shakira from several years ago. I was watching the music video for Waka Waka, and it very vividly and strongly appeared to me as a depiction of ”how the world could have been”. A ”paradise on earth" kind of thing, a choice we decided not to make, a paradise we chose to lose. In that sense all the smiling and dancing on the video are rather grotesque. A superficial ”image” in a way, for sure, but still it was striking.

When I work (e.g. on some writing like today), if I listen to something, it has to be ”just right” so that it doesn't take too much of my attention. Today for some reason Sibelius' symphonies have worked.
"Ja kun minun kirkkauteni kulkee ohitse, asetan minä sinut kallion rotkoon ja peitän sinut kädelläni, kunnes olen kulkenut ohi.
Kun minä sitten siirrän pois käteni, näet sinä minun selkäpuoleni; mutta minun kasvojani ei voi kenkään katsoa."
Insanus

Post by Insanus »

Polyhymnia wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:49 pm Every few years I remember that X Japan exists and that I like everything they've done.

And since I love old live performances more than almost anything, Art of Life performed in full in 1993
Well played! Every few years I remember that Moi dix Mois is the guilty pleasure par excellence and take a moment to lament the uncouth who can't taste the blue fruit.

https://youtu.be/du2R-CnbN_w
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä