What are you listening to at the moment?

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Vanadís

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by Vanadís »

Opium Warlords: Droner
Ambum takes me to very special places and atmospheres.
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Vanadís wrote:Opium Warlords: Droner
Ambum takes me to very special places and atmospheres.
This is also in my "current playlist". Sounds like this could be the second best of OW albums. The first is just über. But still I like the Puritan album even more.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
RPSTOVAL

Post by RPSTOVAL »

Chief adviser and magister templi at the Golden Apple Corps
Ormr

Post by Ormr »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH_dfcJOutU

I play in a bluesy folk outfit that covers this tune by Jodie Holland. It has a vintage kind of swing to it that, when combined with her sultry voice, creates just enough darkness without being too melancholy. There is a dry, somber sort of contentness, which is truly fitting when considering the effects of the namesake.

I know that's a lot of adjectives, but it's just a great tune! :mrgreen:
-- O
RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

Back to classical, with Bach, Pachelbel and Vivaldi. Also black metal, though, and some neo-folk. Just got the re-press of C93's TPM.
die Eule der Minerva beginnt erst mit der einbrechenden Dämmerung ihren Flug.
-Hegel
Mimesis

Post by Mimesis »

I have this week re-watched the 2015 film adaptation of Macbeth, directed by Justin Kurzel. As a result, I cannot now stop revisiting the score, which was written by Jed Kurzel.

Even in isolation from the film, I think this score encapsulates the visceral tragedy in the nature of human flaw, experience and condition that the play deals with, whilst making it relevant not only to the literature it comes from, but in the more micro contexts of ones every day life.

It is loaded with so much emotion, and the malice that is so obviously present within Macbeth and Lady Macbeth is coupled with this claustrophobia and despair which makes their stories and characters so much deeper and complex, as Shakespeare wrote them to be.

I find it quite amazing that a score alone can paint this picture for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilxPtu43qUI&t=4s
"We are such stuff. As dreams are made on, and our little life. Is rounded with a sleep."
Silvaeon

Post by Silvaeon »

A couple things I've been infatuated with lately...

Allan Petterson's 7th symphony is one of the most moving pieces I've heard in quite a while. A friend showed this to me a few weeks ago and it's been in constant rotation since. At times dark and ominous, at others fragile and serene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=261Fs5pZhOM

Also a couple weeks ago I took a trip down to the states by myself to see Bell Witch perform the first movement of their new album. I've been following them since they started, but the new material is just on a completely different level. It's a single nearly 90 minute song, which manages to somehow feel like 20 when I'm listening to it. How one band consisting of just 2 members with bass, drums, vocals, and a foot organ can sound so massive, especially live, is beyond me - but they really manage. The composition is some of the best I've ever heard in this style of rrrrrrrreally slow doom metal. Patience is definitely required, but this album moves me to no end, and the climaxes are incredibly powerful. It's really special.

https://bellwitch.bandcamp.com/album/mirror-reaper
RPSTOVAL

Post by RPSTOVAL »

Silvaeon wrote:A couple things I've been infatuated with lately...

Allan Petterson's 7th symphony is one of the most moving pieces I've heard in quite a while. A friend showed this to me a few weeks ago and it's been in constant rotation since. At times dark and ominous, at others fragile and serene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=261Fs5pZhOM

I love Allan Petterson, cool to see someone else here! :shock:
RPSTOVAL

Post by RPSTOVAL »

RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

Surprisingly, a pianist and a composer from south Korea called Yiruma! Really love his pieces, like this one.. : , )
die Eule der Minerva beginnt erst mit der einbrechenden Dämmerung ihren Flug.
-Hegel