What are you listening to at the moment?

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
obnoxion

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by obnoxion »

Just re-watched The Silence of The Lambs, and Q Lazzarus' "Goodbye Horses" in the Buffalo Bill's dancing scene sounded more amazing than ever. It has a real Twin Peaks atmosphere to it.

The original '87 promo video for the song is great too, especially with all the rune casting.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Soror O

Post by Soror O »

This highly esoteric piece of music is blowing my mind right now. (Ace of Base: The Sign) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqu132vTl5Y
If you want to reborn, let yourself die.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Ave wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:19 pm This highly esoteric piece of music is blowing my mind right now. (Ace of Base: The Sign) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqu132vTl5Y
I enjoy listening to Ace of Base. Their promo video to "Happy Nation" is, by The way, flooded with pictures of occult symbols.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Ave wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:19 pmThis highly esoteric piece of music is blowing my mind right now. (Ace of Base: The Sign)

A few months ago I was thinking about three songs of which I would like to make cover versions. Ace of Base's The Sign was the most important of them. The two others were Cohen's I Want It Darker and the third was Wight's Chant. The lyrics of the other two give a hint what I see the Sign being.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Nefastos wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:22 pm
Ave wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:19 pmThis highly esoteric piece of music is blowing my mind right now. (Ace of Base: The Sign)

A few months ago I was thinking about three songs of which I would like to make cover versions. Ace of Base's The Sign was the most important of them. The two others were Cohen's I Want It Darker and the third was Wight's Chant. The lyrics of the other two give a hint what I see the Sign being.
About a month ago I was secretly fantasizing of creating dance music influenced by 90s artists like Ace of Base and E-Type, with someone I know. You can send me a message if you fail shaking these impulses off your shoulders. My apologies for tempting.

I have lately observed through my music listening the emphasis of feminine and masculine energies I've been working with. Often times when going through the daily Celestial Hymns I see some of the prayers call me more than the others of the week, and I'm struggling with some specific challenges related to them. If one of the seven I'm struggling with has a definite sex in my souls construction, I have seen myself listening to male artists more. Then the answer to the problem might have needed a conjuction with another aspect that is propably a feminine one and then I'm finding which one it is and how could they work together. This half-automaticly results me finding proper female artists for immersing myself to bring the correct sex aspects together.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

I spent this week listening to 90s dance hits, myself. Looks like the 90s was floating in the ether a little heavily this week 8-)
I also listened to a ton of old western (I have a very weak spot in my heart for Hank Williams Sr, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Townes van Zandt) and found myself rounding it all out with some soul music (Sam Cooke, Toots and the Maytals). I took a trip to the mountains so I had nothing but time and it was delightful. Very much looking forward to Obnoxion and Nefastos sing the 90's. Let me know when the album drops.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Smaragd wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:31 pmAbout a month ago I was secretly fantasizing of creating dance music influenced by 90s artists like Ace of Base and E-Type, with someone I know. You can send me a message if you fail shaking these impulses off your shoulders. My apologies for tempting.

Consider me de facto tempted.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Nefastos wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:22 pm Cohen's I Want It Darker
I’ve been thinking all day about how I want to hear your version of this.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

In the same vein of wildly popular, yet incredibly esoteric hit songs, I've always considered The Killing Moon to be one of the best songs ever written.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWz0JC7afNQ

And in the same vein of covers, I think I'd very much like to do a proper one of this.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Polyhymnia wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:46 am In the same vein of wildly popular, yet incredibly esoteric hit songs, I've always considered The Killing Moon to be one of the best songs ever written.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWz0JC7afNQ

And in the same vein of covers, I think I'd very much like to do a proper one of this.
This is, of course, one of the best songs in the world! The last Time I heard it was on the was in the "I Am Not Okay with This" series. It has an excellent casting from the 2017 movie "It: The First Chapter" (Sophia Lillis and Wyatt Oleff), and it is about a teenage girl who finds out she is a superhero and a lesbian (in tha order). The Series fearures also a band called the "Blood Witch", wich sounds very good. I went immediately to find out why haven't I heard about this band before, and turned out it was formed just for the serie's soundtrack. But If you like Echo & The Bunnymen, I think you'll enjoy Blood Witch, too.