What are you listening to at the moment?

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Nefastos

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by Nefastos »

Benemal wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:20 pmWhat I meant was that these memories - as I sit a at home reading - have become gilded, and a little selective.

That's how memory works, and I think that it mostly works well by doing things like that. My own memories of those days have not become very gilded as of yet, even though I notice they are in that process right now, and try to lull me to yearn back to those days which were actually hell. Theosophical idea of reincarnation (which I share) tells us that when the two manases separate in death, all that belongs to the lower kâma manas is futile and unnecessary, and gets soon discarded, while only the golden remembrance of things done well remains in the eternal soul. In that case, we have nature's own example of destroying painful things and keeping in mind only the great things, the very nectar of days gone past.

Benemal wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:20 pmI think I understand, that things that "explicitly lack depth" are a kind of antidote for you, to perhaps an unnecessarily long period of spiritual and bodily "purity".

That is part of my psychological mindset, yes. Also the constant despair, which somehow needs its almost humorously exaggerated opposite, taking regressive forms because soul seeks comfort in regression. And the third, the defiant joy of not taking the most obvious path of sainthood, but in a way giving an antinomian finger to what people expect, partly because it makes me feel special & partly because I think that hypocrisy needs some anti-idols to show that goodness is in ethics, not in expected forms.

Cerastes wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:41 pmDid you actually go to monastery or did you just plan to go there?

Thanks for asking. The topic is so interesting, though, that I made it a thread on its own.

Nothing about listening music in this message, my apologies...!
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

This is just shameless egotism, but just yesterday I remembered that mine and my brothers joined collaboration can be found online and gave it a listen.

Milinda - Suden Laulu (Song of the Wolf): https://milinda.bandcamp.com/album/suden-laulu
Milinda - Sanansaattaja (The Messenger): https://milinda.bandcamp.com/album/sanansaattaja

It certainly brought back many nice memories and ain't that bad in my own opinion. Give it a listen, brethren!
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

I'm really getting into Wardruna lately. Amazing music that creates in my mind pictures of endless forests, fjords and heroic people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyzGRbbha3E
Insanus

Post by Insanus »

Schwarz Stein is my usual guilty pleasure, but lately I have rediscovered Benny Benassi. Really tasteless, empty and dark.
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Today is Ulver day. This just played, next is Bergtatt and then Shadows of the Sun for night time chilling.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ition+city
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Boreas wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:18 pm Today is Ulver day. This just played, next is Bergtatt and then Shadows of the Sun for night time chilling.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ition+city
First 5 records of Ulver are all musical gems (I would rate them 9,5-10), but after that I have zero interest for the band. Especially records 3-5 are my favourites. Similar band to later Ulver that I think is better is Manes, also from Norway.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Kenazis wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:07 pmFirst 5 records of Ulver are all musical gems (I would rate them 9,5-10), but after that I have zero interest for the band. Especially records 3-5 are my favourites. Similar band to later Ulver that I think is better is Manes, also from Norway.
I also like the old albums of Ulver most and new ones hardly interest me, Shadows of the Sun being an exception. Perdition City is a fine album. It was a scandal for myself when Metamorphosis came after Nattens Madrigal!

Manes' 'Vilosophe' is also great, but otherwise they haven't made anything that would impress me; old demos are listenable now and then.

Today I started with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pwCgBh ... rt_radio=1
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

I've been listening to two great rock songs, both of which happen to deal with sinister journeys to bodies of water. The first one has a great video. The second one is a cover of Roots' song from the 60's, and it manages to be better than the (awesome!) original.

In these songs I can really hear the blues and the groove of real rock music; the Devil and the Crossroad that make rock 'n roll great.

CHURCH OF THE COSMIC SKULL: "Evil in your Eye"
ALLAH-LAS: "Long Journey"
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

For few days I've listened repeatedly two uncoventional Ramones' songs: "PET SEMATARY" and "POISON HEART". The songs are respectfully from the soundtracks of the movies "Pet Sematary 1" (1989) and "Pet Sematary 2" (1992). Both films are better than avarage horror fims, the latter one being rather a remake than sequal. But the Ramones' songs are legendary, and the promo videos are very good too.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

obnoxion wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:51 pm For few days I've listened repeatedly two uncoventional Ramones' songs: "PET SEMATARY" and "POISON HEART". The songs are respectfully from the soundtracks of the movies "Pet Sematary 1" (1989) and "Pet Sematary 2" (1992). Both films are better than avarage horror fims, the latter one being rather a remake than sequal. But the Ramones' songs are legendary, and the promo videos are very good too.
Yesterday Ramones´pet sematary started repeatedly echo in my head having no understandable outer source to trigger this.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"