What are you listening to at the moment?

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Polyhymnia

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by Polyhymnia »

Insanus wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:29 pm Well played! Every few years I remember that Moi dix Mois is the guilty pleasure par excellence and take a moment to lament the uncouth who can't taste the blue fruit.

https://youtu.be/du2R-CnbN_w
Ooo very nice. I used to really like Malice Mizer, but it's been some time since I've gone down the visual kei rabbit hole (X Japan excluded)
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Since it's cauda draconis full moon in the Scorpio, I think it's fitting that I have just come back to the Limbonic Art.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Nefastos wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:50 pm Since it's cauda draconis full moon in the Scorpio, I think it's fitting that I have just come back to the Limbonic Art.
Last autumn I listened this record a lot. After almost two decades of Limbonic silence. My favourite of their records and classic of an era.

...A mirror blank ocean above me decoy
Superior forces that heal or destroy
Take me astray into the moonlight above
Through twilight eyes as a specter shadow...
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Kenazis wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:37 pmMy favourite of their records

That's what I usually hear. But for me it's definitely In Abhorrence Dementia. One of the greatest albums ever, of any genre, for me. I remember well when I first time heard this... twenty years ago Vrasjarn of (that time's) Horna introduced me to many pieces that have remained with me since.

Kenazis wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:37 pm*lyrics*

I even enjoy their Stephen King quotes, and that's saying a lot.

The Ultimate Death Worship is (a nice name and) a good album, but after that the uplifting moments are rare.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Mars

Post by Mars »

Moon in the Scorpio is my favourite as well. Right now I'm rocking to the Surrealistic Pillow album by Jefferson Airplane. A terrible name for an album but the music is great.
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Nefastos wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:18 pm
Kenazis wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:37 pmMy favourite of their records

That's what I usually hear. But for me it's definitely In Abhorrence Dementia. One of the greatest albums ever, of any genre, for me. I remember well when I first time heard this... twenty years ago Vrasjarn of (that time's) Horna introduced me to many pieces that have remained with me since.

Kenazis wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:37 pm*lyrics*

I even enjoy their Stephen King quotes, and that's saying a lot.

The Ultimate Death Worship is (a nice name and) a good album, but after that the uplifting moments are rare.
In abhorrence dementia is second/equal. It is more of anything. Better sounds, more complex compositions...it is the "first heard is best magic" with moon in the scorpio with me. I'm sure that abhorrence would be clear number one of Limbonic Art records if that were the first I heard from them. These two are way better than later ones. The newer ones without Morfeus are utterly lame and boring.
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Mars wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:59 am Moon in the Scorpio is my favourite as well. Right now I'm rocking to the Surrealistic Pillow album by Jefferson Airplane. A terrible name for an album but the music is great.
Jefferson Airplane, possible the greatest rock band with Coven and Roky Erickson.
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Been listening mainly Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse for inspiration (for ongoing musical/magical project). And this is some new pretty good record find https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cijd4ty0ocM&t=1142s recommendations for people who are looking Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane stylish music, or are like the "swedish bm-sound" (Dark Funeral, Naglfar, Unanimated etc).
Kavi

Post by Kavi »

Kenazis wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:14 am Been listening mainly Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse for inspiration (for ongoing musical/magical project). And this is some new pretty good record find https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cijd4ty0ocM&t=1142s recommendations for people who are looking Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane stylish music, or are like the "swedish bm-sound" (Dark Funeral, Naglfar, Unanimated etc).
I have always admired I - VII progression in songs, although technically not chords...
I mean for example: A string 5th fret and then E string 6th fret.
The song had other nice elements that I liked although melodic metal usually isn't for me.

Your post mentioning on an inability to play musical instrument actually influenced my body... I have had physiological problems for several months that caused me to stop playing. (just kidding of course) :D
Mars

Post by Mars »

Kenazis wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:14 amAnd this is some new pretty good record find https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cijd4ty0ocM&t=1142s recommendations for people who are looking Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane stylish music, or are like the "swedish bm-sound" (Dark Funeral, Naglfar, Unanimated etc).
There's nothing wrong in taking influences but aesthetically this is too on the nose for my liking. I have a theory that usually, or at least often, borderline copycat approach to aesthetics means unimaginative music, and so it seems to be here. But I was once a huge Dissection fan, both old and Reinkaos, so maybe I'm biased.