Music with RHP Connotations

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
User avatar
Jiva
Frater
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:13 am

Music with RHP Connotations

Postby Jiva » Wed May 21, 2014 10:40 pm

Well, we have a thread regarding Luciferian/LHP influenced music, which is mostly aimed at non-Metal artists, but I thought a RHP counterpart thread regarding inspirational or simply interesting music regardless of genre might be interesting, although maybe a bit more controversial.

Daemonia Nymphe – Dios Astropaio. The lyrics are translated in the comments as:
I Call the mighty, holy, splendid light, aerial, dreadful-sounding, fiery-bright; Flaming, aerial-light, with angry voice, lightning thro' lucid clouds with horrid noise. Untam'd, to whom resentments dire belong, pure, holy pow'r, all-parent, great and strong: Come, and benevolent these rites attend, and grant my days a peaceful, blessed end.
Falkenbach – Hávamál. Lyrics are directly taken from Hávamál unsurprisingly, which translates as “sayings of the High One” i.e. Odin.
Helium Vola - Ecce Gratum. A kind of mix of Moby-style electronica and folk with lyrics in old languages. This is the only song I can remember where the term "etcetera" is actually sung :lol:.
Von Thronstahl – Through Sun and Steel Transforming. An incredibly hit-and-miss band in my opinion that I think are similar in many ways to Laibach, although some friends vehemently disagreed with me on this, so who knows :P.
'Oh Krishna, restless and overpowering, this mind is overwhelmingly strong; I think we might as easily gain control over the wind as over this.'
User avatar
Nefastos
Frater
Posts: 3434
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 10:05 am
Location: Helsinki

Re: Music with RHP Connotations

Postby Nefastos » Thu May 22, 2014 8:59 am

Jiva wrote:This is the only song I can remember where the term "etcetera" is actually sung :lol:.


You see (or hear) those kinds of things every once in a while... There's a funny/interesting custom to use as the words of power in ceremonial magic words one can't understand. For example, in some grimoires angelic names one should already know from the context are given in simple letter abbreviations, and some think these abbreviations are the actual magic words; or, in magic circles there are sometimes given the compass points where the circle should be directed when constructed, & if these Latin words are not understood they usually end up written in the circle like any other "demon names". &c.

The most interesting thing is, it can actually work that way, rather than hindering the process. I recall MacGregor Mathers voicing an opinion that one can't use in magic words that are left ununderstood, but I disagree strongly. Rather, those misunderstood or garbled words really become as gates, bringing the liminal that much nearer. If there are present correct kind of sounds, as they usually are because of the very context, even the ordinary words can adapt occult meanings, or rather, every word's inner occult meaning can be in this way extracted.

Sorry about the off-topic...!
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
User avatar
Sebomai
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:25 am

Re: Music with RHP Connotations

Postby Sebomai » Sun May 25, 2014 10:56 am

No controversy here! I've listened to some Jimi Hendrix lately, some Behemoth, a fair bit of Serpent Ascending, but my main musical refuge lately is 100% Right Hand Path and very much in tune with where my studies and practice and writing have been. I am listening to almost non stop Russian Orthodox hymns and chants and it is wonderful. Spiritual and beautiful and uplifting and makes me feel like I am in endless prayer.
User avatar
Jiva
Frater
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:13 am

Re: Music with RHP Connotations

Postby Jiva » Thu May 29, 2014 11:55 pm

Nefastos wrote:You see (or hear) those kinds of things every once in a while... There's a funny/interesting custom to use as the words of power in ceremonial magic words one can't understand. For example, in some grimoires angelic names one should already know from the context are given in simple letter abbreviations, and some think these abbreviations are the actual magic words; or, in magic circles there are sometimes given the compass points where the circle should be directed when constructed, & if these Latin words are not understood they usually end up written in the circle like any other "demon names". &c.

The most interesting thing is, it can actually work that way, rather than hindering the process. I recall MacGregor Mathers voicing an opinion that one can't use in magic words that are left ununderstood, but I disagree strongly. Rather, those misunderstood or garbled words really become as gates, bringing the liminal that much nearer. If there are present correct kind of sounds, as they usually are because of the very context, even the ordinary words can adapt occult meanings, or rather, every word's inner occult meaning can be in this way extracted.
Actually, I completely agree with this. In some ways this is similar to how bind-runes work. One picks a word (or words), isolates the runic letters of said word(s) and then arranges them depending on whether you want them to be interpretable or not. They can either be in a row and obviously understandable, or placed on top of one another to form abstract shapes that represent the word(s), but not obviously so.

Contemporary examples aren't that complex, but modern ones often are. I guess the best example I can think of is the Wardruna logo, which I assume is simply the name of the band, but I ultimately have no idea. Actually, for most of the personal examples I've drawn, I've forgotten the literal meaning (words in languages other than English), so that only the symbol and the broad understanding of what it represents remains.
Sebomai wrote:No controversy here! I've listened to some Jimi Hendrix lately, some Behemoth, a fair bit of Serpent Ascending, but my main musical refuge lately is 100% Right Hand Path and very much in tune with where my studies and practice and writing have been. I am listening to almost non stop Russian Orthodox hymns and chants and it is wonderful. Spiritual and beautiful and uplifting and makes me feel like I am in endless prayer.
Are there particular groups or choirs who perform recitals, as I have no idea how to get into this :P.
'Oh Krishna, restless and overpowering, this mind is overwhelmingly strong; I think we might as easily gain control over the wind as over this.'
User avatar
Jiva
Frater
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:13 am

Re: Music with RHP Connotations

Postby Jiva » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:25 am

I've been obsessed with this band for the last couple of years; I think they write some of the darkest Black Metal ever made. They also happen to be Catholics which is why they're in this thread. It's not really clear from the name or description, but this is one or two tracks from their latest album De Mysteriis Dom Christi, although I've no idea which version as all three versions (CD, vinyl, cassette) contain different music. Both the music and aesthetics lead me to classify the band as parallel to Hetroertzen.

Anyway, I give you Reverorum ib Malacht.

EDIT: These tracks are from the cassette version which looks set to become one of my favourite albums.
'Oh Krishna, restless and overpowering, this mind is overwhelmingly strong; I think we might as easily gain control over the wind as over this.'
Nokkonen
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:15 am

Re: Music with RHP Connotations

Postby Nokkonen » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:09 am

This is on a lighter side, but a couple of years ago I was living in this off-grid cabin for a while with a not very good radio as my only entertainment. One day I was trying to find a working channel, and found one where a soulful man's voice sang a pop song along the lines of: "I love him, yes, I love him" and I thought that that was really great -- first gay love song in radio. Of course it was a conservative christian radio station.

As far as more serious RHP music goes, for me it's kind of a gateway to Christian thinking. The closest I've ever felt to the archetype of Christian god has been through music of Arvo Part and Hildegard von Bingen.
User avatar
Jiva
Frater
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:13 am

Re: Music with RHP Connotations

Postby Jiva » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:21 am

Only looked at Wikipedia articles and a few videos on Youtube, but awesome recommendations. Thanks a lot :D.

I know of nothing similar really, pretty much everything I like that’s RHP influenced is related to metal that verges towards the dumber side of things: nothing else could motivate me to wail along with something like “to those who crucified, Christ have mercy” other than Trouble, for example :lol:.
  • Atlantean Kodex – Fountain of Nepenthe. Aside from Virgin Steele, these are probably the only other power metal band I can say I truly like. Both their albums are based on late 19th and early 20th century Theosophical theories of shared racial identity, the lost homeland of Atlantis, a loss of identity etc.
  • Woven Hand – His Rest. They’re kind of a mystical Christian folk-rock band. Musically, I guess an easy way to describe them would be a kind of proto-Hexvessel.
'Oh Krishna, restless and overpowering, this mind is overwhelmingly strong; I think we might as easily gain control over the wind as over this.'
User avatar
Jiva
Frater
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:13 am

Re: Music with RHP Connotations

Postby Jiva » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:06 pm

Well, here is another Reverorum ib Malacht interview. Deliberately provocative, as always, but interesting if one is interested in a Catholic opinion of Satanism, the Left Hand Path, Black Metal etc. from someone who, at one point, previously identified with all of these labels.

This is probably their best interview as it seems he’s reigned in his typical stream of consciousness somewhat. Indeed, it seems like the contradictory nature of the text is actually intended this time, rather than being representative of simple hypocrisy.
'Oh Krishna, restless and overpowering, this mind is overwhelmingly strong; I think we might as easily gain control over the wind as over this.'
User avatar
Kenazis
Frater
Posts: 953
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: Satakunta - Limbo

Re: Music with RHP Connotations

Postby Kenazis » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:48 pm

Reverorum ib malacht have become one of my favourite bands. And thank goes to you my dear friend Jiva. New album "Ter Agios Numini" is superb as is the rest.
"In darkness let me dwell, The ground shall sorrow be..."

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest