Satanic hymns and chants

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Seeker666

Satanic hymns and chants

Post by Seeker666 »

Even as a Satanist and Occultist, I love the feeling of a well sung Gregorian latin chant. it calls to mind deep dark catacombs with chanting hooded figures by candle-light. there are so few Latin Satanic chants and hymns on the Internet today, I think it would be a great idea to record a nice set of inverted latin prayers sung in the Gregorian style. perhaps have an inverse Rosary, a "Black Mass", the "Ave Lamia" etc... thoughts? or even the "Magister Noster" and other prayers/invocations from Fosforos and Catechism.
"Eritis sicut Deus, Scientes Bonum et Malum"- Mephistopheles
Heith

Re: Satanic hymns and chants

Post by Heith »

I can very well understand why you enjoy gregorian chants. For example, I enjoy church art immensely- iconography, stained glass work and architecture in churches. After all, it is attempt to reach towards divinity, and I do not see why this ought to be different for Satanists. Surely there's also very strong sense of aesthetics in Satanism, a strong need for imagery to help ritual work etc.

Personally, I am fascinated by tibetan throat singing.

I don't know how many members lurking here are able or willing to create latin chants (my singing for example isn't exactly stellar)- but no one is stopping you from singing :)
Seeker666

Post by Seeker666 »

Heith wrote:I can very well understand why you enjoy gregorian chants. For example, I enjoy church art immensely- iconography, stained glass work and architecture in churches. After all, it is attempt to reach towards divinity, and I do not see why this ought to be different for Satanists. Surely there's also very strong sense of aesthetics in Satanism, a strong need for imagery to help ritual work etc.

Personally, I am fascinated by tibetan throat singing.

I don't know how many members lurking here are able or willing to create latin chants (my singing for example isn't exactly stellar)- but no one is stopping you from singing :)

if I could find a good latin translator, I could invert the hymns, and record them myself perhaps. :) maybe put a back track of tibetan monks throat singing in the background?
Heith

Post by Heith »

I have no opinion on this really, I am not very musical :)
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

It's been discussed for some time now that there might be a need for the recorded version(s) of the Celestial Hymns & other basic theurgistic prayers. People are often unsure how to handle the Latin parts - although they can be recited in translated form too, many choose not to do that - & there are other reasons as well.

Using inverted prayers, mostly Catholic, can be beneficent. Yet we must be careful that our occult process does not revert to pure Anti-Religion, which would make it just a (extremely heretical) sect of the original religion thus modified. Christian church is very influential still, having much psychological as well as energetical power connected to it, but it's not absolute by any means. Using its formulae too much would connect our work & mind Christianity more than would be necessary & helpful.

Those who have not used their own voice in the prayer- or spellwork, I'd suggest putting some thought in reciting. Having your voice opened by dedicated work like that can work wonders with the inside part of the process as well, letting the flame-wind (of one's inner energy) flow freely but in a controlled manner. I definitely see vocal work as a form of yoga: every word used with intention becomes a mantra.

Different people have very different "optimal voices" for prayer, also depending on time. When the symbolistic part of the prayers is becoming increasingly familiar, one can shift the attention of the prayer work to the voice with which one recites the spells used. With intonation, rhythm & manners of speech a great difference can be made. Let's just remember this is not theatrics, we're not putting up show for anyone; the work is for the spirits, i.e. the fabric of reality. The angelic hosts are not called choirs for nothing.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Seeker666

Post by Seeker666 »

Nefastos wrote:It's been discussed for some time now that there might be a need for the recorded version(s) of the Celestial Hymns & other basic theurgistic prayers. People are often unsure how to handle the Latin parts - although they can be recited in translated form too, many choose not to do that - & there are other reasons as well.

Using inverted prayers, mostly Catholic, can be beneficent. Yet we must be careful that our occult process does not revert to pure Anti-Religion, which would make it just a (extremely heretical) sect of the original religion thus modified. Christian church is very influential still, having much psychological as well as energetical power connected to it, but it's not absolute by any means. Using its formulae too much would connect our work & mind Christianity more than would be necessary & helpful.

Those who have not used their own voice in the prayer- or spellwork, I'd suggest putting some thought in reciting. Having your voice opened by dedicated work like that can work wonders with the inside part of the process as well, letting the flame-wind (of one's inner energy) flow freely but in a controlled manner. I definitely see vocal work as a form of yoga: every word used with intention becomes a mantra.

Different people have very different "optimal voices" for prayer, also depending on time. When the symbolistic part of the prayers is becoming increasingly familiar, one can shift the attention of the prayer work to the voice with which one recites the spells used. With intonation, rhythm & manners of speech a great difference can be made. Let's just remember this is not theatrics, we're not putting up show for anyone; the work is for the spirits, i.e. the fabric of reality. The angelic hosts are not called choirs for nothing.

most definitely frater! I had not thought of that! thank you for the great reply! as usual.