Film, Radio and TV

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Smaragd
Frater

Re: Film, Radio and TV

Postby Smaragd » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:16 am

Stumbled on a sympathetic documentary from the great National Film Board of Canada. 'The Fairy Faith' manages to picture glimpses of something that is very close to my childhood roots of imagination, and that place I hold very dear and an essential part in finding integrity to and from the world.
Alraune

Re: Film, Radio and TV

Postby Alraune » Thu May 09, 2019 11:09 pm

I should recommend the - in my humble opinion - brilliant movie Herz aus Glas (Werner Herzog, 1976). An atmospherical and - on occasion - surreal piece of european cinema which I consider to administer several firm alchemic metaphores and esoterical connotations. Perhaps also political.

Another element which should make this movie extra attractive would be the fact that several - almost all - of the actors where hypnotized between sets and thus performed under actual hypnosis. This is actually quite noticeable, as one can note a subtle dissociative pattern on certain spontanous movements made by the featured actors.

The soundtrack was composed by the fantastic German electronic band Popol Vuh. This should not come as a surprise to those familiar with the director (the band also created the soundtracks for movies such as Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes and Nosferatu, Phantom der Nacht).
Visio ~ Vires ~ Actio