Bands and Artists with Luciferian influences

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Fomalhaut

Bands and Artists with Luciferian influences

Post by Fomalhaut »

There are so many bands coming to my mind which have strong Luciferian influence in their music. However, I nowadays listen to Blue Öyster Cult lots and I just got to know this band a year ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Oyster_Cult

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
— C.G. Jung
Nefastos

Re: Bands and Artists with Luciferian influences

Post by Nefastos »

Oh yes, BÖC, I love them! I even felt a weird connection with one of their songs (Heavy Metal, Black And Silver) and the latest issue of our annual zine: there seems to be a lot of overlapping symbolism. But such can be very subjective experience, I admit.
Fomalhaut wrote:There are so many bands coming to my mind which have strong Luciferian influence in their music.

Needless to say, most of Black Metal bands might be listed here. But it's even more rewarding to spot Luciferian idea(l)s in music outside the metal genre. And if we accept some differentation between the archetypes of, say, Satan (~Saturn), Lucifer (~Venus) and Azazel (~Mars), there are different kinds of music that can be attributed to each...

Not long ago, listening to Ronnie James Dio's All The Fools Sailed Away while reading the lyrics made me to think of the brotherhood :mrgreen:

And because it wouldn't be fair not to mention at least some classical masterpiece, I'd choose Berlioz's witch-sabbath to be pointed out here. That's a real witchcraft song if any!
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Kaosoth

Post by Kaosoth »

I'd like to mention Diamanda Galas.

I like specially her early songs. and her voice. She performs in a very varied way. and she is a satanist.

Diamanda Galás - The Litanies of Satan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th1hLNoOjn4

Diamanda's version of "let my people go":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSc5-Rkn ... =endscreen

Oh Death:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cchf2QH63bI

Please notice 5:34 ...

Sono L'Antichristo :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHB0LZd5YI0

interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=3Td ... =endscreen

I'd like to mention 'Fides Inversa' as well on this occasion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29XocBPXdKs
Fomalhaut

Post by Fomalhaut »

Kaosoth wrote:I'd like to mention Diamanda Galas.

I like specially her early songs. and her voice. She performs in a very varied way. and she is a satanist.

Diamanda Galás - The Litanies of Satan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th1hLNoOjn4

Diamanda's version of "let my people go":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSc5-Rkn ... =endscreen

Oh Death:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cchf2QH63bI

Please notice 5:34 ...

Sono L'Antichristo :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHB0LZd5YI0

interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=3Td ... =endscreen

I'd like to mention 'Fides Inversa' as well on this occasion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29XocBPXdKs

I came across with her name a few times in my life, i thought she was more of a political artist. Anyways, she has great voice.
— C.G. Jung
Fomalhaut

Post by Fomalhaut »

Nefastos wrote:Oh yes, BÖC, I love them! I even felt a weird connection with one of their songs (Heavy Metal, Black And Silver) and the latest issue of our annual zine: there seems to be a lot of overlapping symbolism. But such can be very subjective experience, I admit.
Fomalhaut wrote:There are so many bands coming to my mind which have strong Luciferian influence in their music.

Needless to say, most of Black Metal bands might be listed here. But it's even more rewarding to spot Luciferian idea(l)s in music outside the metal genre. And if we accept some differentation between the archetypes of, say, Satan (~Saturn), Lucifer (~Venus) and Azazel (~Mars), there are different kinds of music that can be attributed to each...

Not long ago, listening to Ronnie James Dio's All The Fools Sailed Away while reading the lyrics made me to think of the brotherhood :mrgreen:

And because it wouldn't be fair not to mention at least some classical masterpiece, I'd choose Berlioz's witch-sabbath to be pointed out here. That's a real witchcraft song if any!

Dio is a legend.. On the other hand I never got any chance to listen to Berlioz before. I fell in love with the piece..
— C.G. Jung
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

I thought about opening a new topic concerning obscure records, but i'll write it here. Azoth mentioned, that he likes 70's stuff. As do i. Also 60's, 80's, 90's etc. So i will enlighten those interested in great (or curious) music. It is a sort of specialty, because i am a music freak. Those of you who are too, will already know the stuff below. And yes, there is a "Luciferian influence".

Coven "Witchcraft destroys minds and reaps souls" (1969)

Bruce Haack "The Electric Lucifer" (1969)

Comus "First utterance" (1971)

German oak s/t (1972)

Amon Duul II "Phallus dei" (1969)

Igor Wakhevitch "Hathor" (1973)

Armon kuilu s/t (2008)

Halo Manash "Par-Antra I:VIR (2004) & r.A.S.H.n.k.-RA (2007)

Zoät-Aon "Star autopsy" (2005) & "The triples bestial" (2006)

Troum, Asianova / Voice of eye, S.Q.E., Ure Thrall "Actualization / Excrement of old dreams" (2009)

That's for a start. I'm serious. Get these records and open your ears.
Azoth

Post by Azoth »

Benemal wrote:I thought about opening a new topic concerning obscure records, but i'll write it here. Azoth mentioned, that he likes 70's stuff. As do i. Also 60's, 80's, 90's etc. So i will enlighten those interested in great (or curious) music. It is a sort of specialty, because i am a music freak. Those of you who are too, will already know the stuff below. And yes, there is a "Luciferian influence".

Coven "Witchcraft destroys minds and reaps souls" (1969)

Bruce Haack "The Electric Lucifer" (1969)

Comus "First utterance" (1971)

German oak s/t (1972)

Amon Duul II "Phallus dei" (1969)

Igor Wakhevitch "Hathor" (1973)

Armon kuilu s/t (2008)

Halo Manash "Par-Antra I:VIR (2004) & r.A.S.H.n.k.-RA (2007)

Zoät-Aon "Star autopsy" (2005) & "The triples bestial" (2006)

Troum, Asianova / Voice of eye, S.Q.E., Ure Thrall "Actualization / Excrement of old dreams" (2009)

That's for a start. I'm serious. Get these records and open your ears.
First Utterance by Comus is an incredible album. It's powerful enough anyway, but is cemented as even more so for me because of an experience I had while listening to it.

Whenever I go out walking I like to take suitably atmospheric music with me on the iPod. One day, while attempting to cross what looked to be a fairly shallow, light flowing river, I found myself up to my chest in rather heavy flowing water. Appearances can be deceptive, folks. Soon I was hopping my way downriver, barefooted, boots around my neck and iPod held aloft, trying not to get washed completely away into watery oblivion.

The soundtrack to this exhilarating but completely foolish experience, was 'First Utterance', the song 'Diana', more specifically. And I can't hear or even think about this record now without remembering that near-drowning experience.

I've always found it fascinating how music seals itself very closely to memories, experiences and nostalgia, and that a certain piece of music at a certain time brings certain experiences very closely to mind.

Anyway, apologies for the complete diversion from the subject, but Benemal's post got me remembering.

I find it difficult to say specifically what music outside of the obvious realms of metal have a Luciferian influence - not because I can't think of any, but because a lot of the rebellious music of the fifties and sixties like Elvis, Screamin' Jay Hawkins, the Beatles, the Kinks, Cream and the Who, rising from the Blues can probably count. The most obvious of those type of bands would probably be the Rolling Stones, who are the first to express such a thing overtly (though Aleister Crowley makes an appearance on the Beatles Sgt Pepper album cover), until bands like Black Sabbath, Black Widow and the above-mentioned Coven take that further.

You could also argue that the psychedelia movement, with its emphasis on entheogenic experiences has a Luciferian aspect,too, if you define 'Luciferian' loosely rather than explicitly. That's the problem, I think - if 'Luciferian' can mean 'Promethean' or 'inspired by the muses' in general, the list can become very large. If you narrow it down to a specific darkness, danger and rebellion however, that can narrow it down a bit.

Sometimes, like in metal, its the aesthetic texture rather than attitude which is Luciferian. Like the Tritone or 'Diabolus in Musica' created by the diminished fifth as found in 'Mars Bringer of War', 'Black Sabbath' and every black metal album ever.

In classical music, have a listen to Penderecki, and you'll hear something astonishingly dark and incredible in its aesthetic texture. You couldn't really call him Satanic or Luciferian, but he captures the darkness of events like Hiroshima and the Holocaust through extreme dissonance in an incredibly strong way. However, his Orthodox liturgical music is completely beautiful and sublime with just a shadow of darkness creeping in through the bass notes.

Penderecki - Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima
Penderecki - Song of the Cherubim

Some interesting visual artists with some apparent Luciferian influences are

Franz Von Stuck
B A Vierling
Kris Kuksi
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph - Robert E. Howard, Beyond the Black River.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Azoth wrote:I find it difficult to say specifically what music outside of the obvious realms of metal have a Luciferian influence - not because I can't think of any, but because a lot of the rebellious music of the fifties and sixties like Elvis, Screamin' Jay Hawkins, the Beatles, the Kinks, Cream and the Who, rising from the Blues can probably count. The most obvious of those type of bands would probably be the Rolling Stones, who are the first to express such a thing overtly (though Aleister Crowley makes an appearance on the Beatles Sgt Pepper album cover), until bands like Black Sabbath, Black Widow and the above-mentioned Coven take that further.
The old blues, for me especially Robert Johnson, but others too, is one of the most underrated expressions of pure luciferianism in musical form. Or not so much commonly underrated, but more so in modern, heavy metal driven satanism. I see blues as something that changed the world completely. Before it there was nothing like it - after it there hasn't been anything that wasn't like it. The older I get, the more it feels like the essential power, the shakti of all modern music.

I would also like to mention the primitive erotic hypnotism of Bo Diddley as obviously luciferian.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Azoth

Post by Azoth »

obnoxion wrote:The old blues, for me especially Robert Johnson, but others too, is one of the most underrated expressions of pure luciferianism in musical form. Or not so much commonly underrated, but more so in modern, heavy metal driven satanism. I see blues as something that changed the world completely. Before it there was nothing like it - after it there hasn't been anything that wasn't like it. The older I get, the more it feels like the essential power, the shakti of all modern music.

I would also like to mention the primitive erotic hypnotism of Bo Diddley as obviously luciferian.
I completely agree. If you go to some musty old blues bar late at night, and get a few bourbons inside of you, you know entirely who the source of the feel and character of that music is!

There's quite a strong connection between the old blues and African-American folk magic traditions such as Hoodoo. So it's a music form, like the Heavy Metal which eventually derives from it, with close links to the dark arts. Robert Johnson, an avowed Hoodoo man, most famously represents this link (though it was the unrelated Tommy Johnson who supposedly sold his soul to The Black Man in the Crossroads Rite).
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph - Robert E. Howard, Beyond the Black River.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Azoth wrote:There's quite a strong connection between the old blues and African-American folk magic traditions such as Hoodoo. So it's a music form, like the Heavy Metal which eventually derives from it, with close links to the dark arts.
A seamless mix of folk magic and modern folk music, and a spontanous manifestation of Spirit. I think one can understand the difficulty of explainig the reality of magic by understanding the difficulty of explaining the awesom power of the blues to someone who does not see it. It all comes down to realization. When one understands the magic of blues, it is undeniable that it is objectively and universally good music. But there is no way of proving this to one who hasn't experienced it.To put it in other words, the world is a very different place when viewed from the perspective of mahamudra.
Azoth wrote:Robert Johnson, an avowed Hoodoo man, most famously represents this link (though it was the unrelated Tommy Johnson who supposedly sold his soul to The Black Man in the Crossroads Rite).
My little brother told me that Robert Johnson's soul was on sale in one internet auction. The soul was contained in a small matchbox. But i guess that was a rip-off, if it was actually Tommy who did the deal... ;)
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.