Intercessional Prayers

Rituals, spells, prayer, meditation and magical acts.
Angolmois

Intercessional Prayers

Post by Angolmois »

It is usually thought, I think, that intercessional prayers are only part of Christianity, and especially Orthodox and Catholic Christianity - at least called by this term in Christianity - but I believe that the practice itself is universal and I think it as a deeply esoteric in its core. I have had in my life a few times when I have experienced that someone out there, near or far, is praying for me and many others at the same time.

The most closest experience of this practice I experienced one time when still in SoA, and the other time was in the midst of deep depression a couple years ago, when I suddenly "saw" some Buddha of Compassion - or a community of such - descending upon the whole world somewhere from the East, and I felt the clearing away of the most depressive thoughts and experienced some form of vivification of my emotional nature. After that the "buddhas of compassion" have been many times in my mind.

Last night I tried some shamanic practice, and when in Ylinen (Asgardr) I saw interesting things in my mind's eye, and one was that I met an Orthodox monk from somewhere in Europe and he "telepathically told me" that he is doing intercessional prayers for the people. He appeared in the form of a benevolent light sphere in my mind. Another being that I saw far away was a Northern Shaman who was in the woods doing healing practices for the people; that was when I suddenly found myself in the Keskinen (the Midgardr), and after that I had to visit Alinen (Helheim), where I saw some people wandering in despair and hopelessness. The Orthodox monk guided me to bring the light of Asgardr to those beings, so that their travel would be easier even with a "concrete" light shining in the gloomy pathways of Helheim, symbolizing their future ascent from the lower worlds.

Have you practiced intercessional prayers in some form? What do you think of the practice?
Aquila

Re: Intercessional Prayers

Post by Aquila »

I think the Rosary of Azazel is pretty close to intercession, right? If you mean something else with the intercession, I might have misunderstood. I have thought of the rosary as an esoteric practice that has both outward and inward directions (that which is outside having a counterpart within).
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Aquila wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:02 pm I think the Rosary of Azazel is pretty close to intercession, right? If you mean something else with the intercession, I might have misunderstood.
I guess one can say so also, since one prays there for someone in the name of Azazel, Lucifer-Christos and the daily spiritual powers. In orthodox definition of the word it however usually means that one prays for the intercession of some Deity or saint in someone's life, and in the SoA rosary one simply prays for the good of someone, so I think there's also a slight difference or emphasis in the practice. The rosary I see more like the imparting of the inspiration of the Ego and the God in ourselves to the Ego and the God in someone else, whereas in intercession one invokes for a "divine intervention".
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Rúnatýr wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:01 pmIn orthodox definition of the word it however usually means that one prays for the intercession of some Deity or saint in someone's life, and in the SoA rosary one simply prays for the good of someone, so I think there's also a slight difference or emphasis in the practice. The rosary I see more like the imparting of the inspiration of the Ego and the God in ourselves to the Ego and the God in someone else, whereas in intercession one invokes for a "divine intervention".

I was not previously familiar with the word "intercessional", but it seems from this topic that the most prominent, usual kind of prayer of blessing is meant? If that is the case, the slight but important emphasis is in the SoA's Rosary practice's extremely important part to retain from the slightest psychic forcing. Christians usually feel that they have this kind of right, to psychically force blessing upon others, since their world-view is such that that there can only be one form of Good, theirs.

The Rosary is not for inspiration only, though, but the sent blessings are kept as "vague" as possible just in order to let the receiver take whatever ascending aspect from them that his soul needs the most. It can be physical or spiritual health, assurance, love, or inspiration. I have always emphasized when talking about the Rosary practice that one should send "a prayer elemental" rather than "laser-like focus" into activity. The first one will take whatever form is needed by the receiver, or the receiver can dismiss it subconsciously instantly & without a second thought in case he for any reason does not want to receive anything. The second one can burn the receiver even if the prayer's true wish is only to help. The truth is, we are very seldom capable of knowing what the other person really needs: it is not our position to choose things for him.

So the Rosary blessing's meaning is, to say it with an easy parable, to "send money rather than gifts". But the said money is in currency that can only be used for the soul's positive working. Simply sending energy, money in unspecified currency so to say, can be maddening for the receiver, and almost as bad as sending him a curse. The octave chosen must be very gentle & neutral, yet uplifting. All this may sound complicated, but is actually reached automatically by the use of the Triple Key. And without using it carefully, sending anything would be simply putting a spell upon the receiver.

Of course, in case one doesn't believe in telepathy & magic, all this is laughable. That is all well and good. I sometimes envy those people for the shell of apparent separation they have on them, because it is like living in a protective egg-shell. Once you pop, you can't stop: all the life becomes One, and you live everywhere at once. After that, there can be no doubt, but there can be quite an omelette.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:53 am I was not previously familiar with the word "intercessional", but it seems from this topic that the most prominent, usual kind of prayer of blessing is meant?
Maybe it's not a correct term, but "a prayer of intercession" instead; in Finnish they seem to use the term "esirukous". Yes, I think it is used in the form of a general blessing.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

So it seems, here is the Wikipedia article on the subject. Though it seems, hilariously, that someone not very fascinated about the subject has been editing it: an ugliest clump of Iraqian statuette is being pictured on the side, and the explanations almost start with the following tidbit:
Studies on provable effects of intercessory prayer have generally shown inconclusive results, with most showing little or no physical effect.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:44 pm So it seems, here is the Wikipedia article on the subject. Though it seems, hilariously, that someone not very fascinated about the subject has been editing it: an ugliest clump of Iraqian statuette is being pictured on the side, and the explanations almost start with the following tidbit:
Studies on provable effects of intercessory prayer have generally shown inconclusive results, with most showing little or no physical effect.
If we take a magical rather than miraculous view of the efficacy, perhaps the level of psychic / spiritual integration of the one praying and the activity of the recipient play an integral role.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Last night I read a web page where prayers of intercession are asked by the Lutheran believers, and it is no wonder that some / many people have a negative or sceptical view of the matter. All kinds of things are asked in the name of Lord Jesus and the Almighty. I scarcely avoided the temptation to ask for an intercession where I would have asked for a prayer that people would start doing things by themselves instead of waiting for George to do it. It closely reminded me of the passage from Fosforos where prayer is seen as petty selfishness.