Chakras, their opening and blockages

Rituals, spells, prayer, meditation and magical acts.
Polyhymnia

Re: Chakras, their opening and blockages

Post by Polyhymnia »

Update: it's been about a week and a half of consistent focus on chakric centres during my meditation and yoga practice. I'm starting to find the correspondences to SoA principles, or at least what I can interpret personally as such. Specifically I'm focusing on connecting each chakra to each hymn, and going from there.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Angolmois wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:24 pmIn my situation I think this has to do with my medication which seems to block quite efficiently at least the "lower" chakras, leading to many negative side symptoms, for example lack of motivation and self will (solar plexus?), lack of sexual drive (Svadhisthana), but in the case of Ajna I think it has to do the most with smoking, which I'm trying to quit presently. The headache I've experienced is situated quite precisely in the etheric head centre between the eyebrows, maybe somewhat to the right in my forehead.
This concerns only my little self but it seems that I mistakingly associated as negative side symptoms of my neuroleptic medication what was in reality simply depression, since all these perceived symptoms have basically vanished together with depression. For long time I thought that because of my illness and medication I'm basically unfit for any real spiritual development outside ethical behavior. Things seem to have changed.
Kavi

Post by Kavi »

Angolmois wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:57 pm
Angolmois wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:24 pmIn my situation I think this has to do with my medication which seems to block quite efficiently at least the "lower" chakras, leading to many negative side symptoms, for example lack of motivation and self will (solar plexus?), lack of sexual drive (Svadhisthana), but in the case of Ajna I think it has to do the most with smoking, which I'm trying to quit presently. The headache I've experienced is situated quite precisely in the etheric head centre between the eyebrows, maybe somewhat to the right in my forehead.
This concerns only my little self but it seems that I mistakingly associated as negative side symptoms of my neuroleptic medication what was in reality simply depression, since all these perceived symptoms have basically vanished together with depression. For long time I thought that because of my illness and medication I'm basically unfit for any real spiritual development outside ethical behavior. Things seem to have changed.
Although illness and medication can seem like a wall and yes in worst case scenario can be proven as unfit. I guess there's still lot and lot to do.

If one has ever heard how musicians express their own thoughts and absolute despair of their ambitions and goals and inability to meet them maybe it's possible to see this question a like. One decided to become professional, but antimatter of the abyss crushes the person's heart.

Focusing on learning process rather than becoming master is very important to remember too.
Taking small steps, learning to listen oneself and love oneself too.
I guess each person who is patient of illness also blames themselves because of it.

Self-reflection, medication and positive care and therapy are important. In such illnesses that make the person lose autonomy and decision making, sleeping and eating can be seen as a spiritual practice.

I can go hours without eating and go without having proper sleep and it doesn't feel that bad but I sense there's some form of violence against myself hidden beneath it.
This relates very well with some warnings of aschetism, I guess it's alright to test limits and live simple life but when you find yourself accidentally fasting without actually wanting to fast - it raises some issues! :D
And yes no worries sometimes having setbacks but nowadays it's easier to correct them - thanks to medication.

In my case if some of the things are dysfunctional I start to live like a rat which is quite educational but also somekind of anger rises because brains just select things from the menu for the day that might have most of the dopamine and override all other things. So maybe lust for life, anger, pride, complete despair. Especially lust seems to manifest in empty plastic cases that once were food and life - creative force is too immensely present that it seems everything turns upside down once entropy of one's shadow show up? This also seem to be more and more balanced nowadays but interesting perception at least.

I haven't thought of chakras but maybe their problems relate in someway to seven deadly sins - yet I think there is problems in completely spiritualizing all illness or dysfunctions, whereas similarly medicalization just reduces everything. Yet diagnosis is real and should be thought of as such too. If life is a spectrum then maybe some of the phenomenon are just extremes of such life?

I guess ethical life, one's code and path is good to have - some strictness and pillars needed in order to balance the fuel of chaos that is whirling inside of us. I guess some traditions try underlining that in order to focus on esoteric side, one must have exoteric path intact, although maybe it's not so black and white.
The still waters of depression might turn into too fast moving river and one ends up in rocks. Which is again I find abit tragicomical and deeply sad.
These days I feel like being jack of all trades and master of none and focus is distracted based on menu of dopamine. Maybe some form of strictness and again release in tenderness is needed but I need to learn when these things happen so this happens on right moment.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Kavi wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:35 pmFocusing on learning process rather than becoming master is very important to remember too.
"I'll become a master in this life or not at all" was my thought from the beginning of the journey - fueled by pride.
Kavi wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:35 pmlove oneself too.
Quite a difficult thing especialy when deeply depressed.
Kavi wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:35 pmI guess each person who is patient of illness also blames themselves because of it.
As I have firm faith in karma, I blame everything on myself.
Kavi wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:35 pmIn such illnesses that make the person lose autonomy and decision making, sleeping and eating can be seen as a spiritual practice.
By looking back at my manic and psychotic days it feels as if watching from afar a different person that I cannot relate with at all. That is exactly what psychosis does: one looses one's self, fortunately not permanently. "A psychotic drowns in the waters that the mystic swims in."
Kavi wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:35 pmI haven't thought of chakras but maybe their problems relate in someway to seven deadly sins - yet I think there is problems in completely spiritualizing all illness or dysfunctions, whereas similarly medicalization just reduces everything.
That would be a good discussion if someone has any insight on the matter. I read years ago a treatise called "Mental Disorders and Spiritual Healing" which discusses the issue from the standpoint of Christian Patristics, and if I recall correctly, in ancient times they made a distinction of mental illness based upon spiritual, demonic and somatic causes. Modern psychiatry recognizes only somatic causes since the other two escape the scientific-materialistic-humanistic worldview. I have donated the book into SoA library if someone's interested. Personally I can't figure out which one of the three causes was the reason in my case, but I guess somatic issues are at least one of the reasons. In my youth I would've laughed to such a thing as spiritual healing.
Kavi wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:35 pmYet diagnosis is real and should be thought of as such too.
After nine years of my diagnosis and after two psychotic episodes I have come to terms with the illness, and the acceptance itself brought a great relief. Before that I was in a state of denial which itself lead to my second manic and psychotic episode. "I am falsely judged! I am wrongly diagnosed! I want my life back!" Such were my thoughts when they recklessly brought down my medication in 2016.
Kavi wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:35 pm I guess some traditions try underlining that in order to focus on esoteric side, one must have exoteric path intact, although maybe it's not so black and white.
I have pondered a lot about whether I should stay as an exoteric, but one cannot stop once one has started on the Path. But yes, one must have at least one foot on the ground in order to strive for the heights.
Kavi wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:35 pmThe still waters of depression might turn into too fast moving river and one ends up in rocks. Which is again I find abit tragicomical and deeply sad.
I'm quite happy that the waning of depression hasn't brought any signs of mania.