Magical circles

Rituals, spells, prayer, meditation and magical acts.
gryning

Magical circles

Post by gryning »

As this topic is namned this is made for discussing the use of circles in theistic satanism and different occult traditions.

Do you use any form of circle during evocation or invocation? If yes, why this particular one?

Some magical systems believe that circles should be used in the more catholic sense, such as Heptameton or the Circle in Goetia, others believe its no use in circles at all during rituals.

Looking forward in hearing your approach to the use of circles.
“The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..” - Milton, Paradise Lost
Nefastos

Re: Magical circles

Post by Nefastos »

gryning wrote:Do you use any form of circle during evocation or invocation?

I seldom use conjurations to summon powers that are so goetic or astral in nature that the full ritualistic circle is needed. My own form of magic is to mainly change myself, and my daily use thus theurgic, where the circle is not needed (or rather, the needed circle is not a physical symbolic thing, but the work itself is much about forming that circle). With some slightly more goetic working with already "befriended" spirits I often use the consecration of the place, i.e. the Golden Girdle (Fosforos p.203) with "locum" instead of "circulum".

In the rare rituals of summoning the unfamiliar goetic or astral spirits, I have used the hexagram with fires & salt, consecrated with the rulers of the spirit(s) to be summoned.

Heptameron is a very good starting point indeed.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"