Making a Magical Device

Rituals, spells, prayer, meditation and magical acts.
ben Shachar

Making a Magical Device

Post by ben Shachar »

I have recently decided I want to delve into silversmithing cataloguing and occult/Magical device creation.
I am learning professional techniques and methods now, but started out at home with no instruction or proper equipment.
This is my first ring. For eliciting the power of Saturn it is 2/3 bismuth 1/3 .999 silver and also plated with silver. The eye stones are olivine pallasite (peridot) from the Seymchan meteorite. The shard in the forehead is half orange half white peridot from the same meteorite.
I had not idea how to cast or work silver into items so it took a long time to make through trial and error. It retains a unique look as a result. I have since watched plenty video of real silversmithing and how to make rings and casting molds the right way.
Just curious if anyone else has tried their hand at this or does it for proffession/hobby.
20170310_005320.jpg
20170310_005339.jpg
Silvaeon

Re: Making a Magical Device

Post by Silvaeon »

This is completely out of my skill set at this time, but I'm just posting to say congratulations on the beautiful and unique item.
Heith

Re: Making a Magical Device

Post by Heith »

You could maybe get a few handy tips from our fraternity smith, Frater Teratokrios?

Congrats on crafting your first ring, casting small pieces is not entirely problem free.