Your favourite planetary hymn (from Fosforos)

Rituals, spells, prayer, meditation and magical acts.

Favourite planetary hymn

Hymn to the Great Mother (Moon, Monday)
17%
Hymn to the Living Vine (Mars, Tuesday)
17%
Hymn to the Messenger of the Gods (Mercury, Wednesday)
No votes
Hymn to the Lord of the Throne (Jupiter, Thursday)
17%
Hymn to the Son of Dawn (Venus, Friday)
50%
Hymn to the Master of Death (Saturn, Saturday)
No votes
Hymn to the Prince of the Countenances (Sun, Sunday)
No votes

Total votes: 6
Sothoth

Your favourite planetary hymn (from Fosforos)

Post by Sothoth »

This topic came to my mind when I was doing my daily prayer today. I realized I like the hymn of Jupiter perhaps the most at the moment. It has so much strength and a golden thread of deep meaning behind everything can be found from it. So, what's your favourite planetary hymn from Fosforos (if you are familiar with those), and why? And of course every archetype is important, but I would be interested to hear different opinions and preferences!

Since the forum renovation had destroyed the poll, I reinstalled one. JN
Vanadís

Re: Your favourite planetary hymn (from Fosforos)

Post by Vanadís »

I've always resonated with Tuesday, so it is Mars. It speaks about climbing up and it reminds me every time, that our path is about climbing up. Holy mountains and mountaineering have been a part of many great occultists life. Also other parts of this hymn speak to me very beautifully and closely.
Heith

Post by Heith »

A difficult question. So I can't vote yet because I've to consider -many are my favourite for different reasons and one could only choose one option.

I've grown to love the Monday's hymn, as after copying it to my own book, I decorated with certain animals that always bring to my mind someone I like so much. I used to dislike Monday's hymn. But now, the opposite. I only need to open that page and I feel happy.

Wednesday has always felt like a powerful one. But it's a sharp energy as well. Intriguing.

Friday is maybe the most beautiful one. Saturday I also like, but copying that is not done yet so it may well end up being my favourite.

Sunday is the hardest. Sunday I dislike, and the planetary correspondence as well, and the color. I am almost at war with Sunday!
Abhavani

Post by Abhavani »

Spontaneously I'd say that most strongly I connect with all the hymns from friday to monday (perhaps this has something to do that they're also attached to weekend, heh?). Especially the poetic words of friday and monday seem to plunge straight into my heart like a cubid's arrow when I recite them. Saturday gives me shivers for it's freezing atmosphere, and sunday's hymn it's distinctive in it's cheeriness. I may digest and dissect this a bit further when I have a moment, this is interesting!

I didn't choose any single option from the gallup just yet, because I can't quite say...
Abhavani

Post by Abhavani »

Heith wrote:At war with Sunday!
A note from the working class, sunday is always an inner war because yet another impending workweek starts to haunt the mind.
Heith

Post by Heith »

Abhavani wrote:
Heith wrote:At war with Sunday!
A note from the working class, sunday is always an inner war because yet another impending workweek starts to haunt the mind.
It's been years since I had to think about things like that; as an artist I work always and never.
Nayana

Post by Nayana »

Vanadís wrote:I've always resonated with Tuesday, so it is Mars. It speaks about climbing up and it reminds me every time, that our path is about climbing up. Holy mountains and mountaineering have been a part of many great occultists life. Also other parts of this hymn speak to me very beautifully and closely.
Same here. I used to picture standing in front of or upon a mountain in certain situations.
From Fire we create life.
RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

I followed my intuition and decided to go with Thursday´s hymn. I didn't actually realize that it resonated with Jupiter until you mentioned it in the opening post. I just connect it to the Taror of The Tower, which I think describes my person quite well. ;)

But isn't Jupiter correspondant to Thor anyways..?
Heith wrote:Sunday is the hardest. Sunday I dislike, and the planetary correspondence as well, and the color. I am almost at war with Sunday!
Interesting to hear this, since of all the days, I love Sunday the most and the Sun seems to be really present on my path at this moment. In all ways imaginable.
die Eule der Minerva beginnt erst mit der einbrechenden Dämmerung ihren Flug.
-Hegel
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

RaktaZoci wrote:But isn't Jupiter correspondant to Thor anyways..?
Yes. Nordic equivalence to Christian Sky-God.

I'm not so familiar with these planetary hymns yet, so I can't answer to this now, but I'll answer some day in near future. I however remember that Friday and Saturday was somewhat most natural and speaking to me when I did these frequently and daily (it was short, month lasting "practice"). I think I will start doing these hymns soon again (and not stopping...)
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Heith wrote:Sunday is the hardest. Sunday I dislike, and the planetary correspondence as well, and the color. I am almost at war with Sunday!

At first there was no Hymn for Sunday. In the first editions of the Legifer & Clavis Magica, there were invocations for only six of the archetypes, the Sun omitted because the work was focused on Lefth Hand Path, the Moon Path. Sun is also the hardest one of the seven, since it is in the center of the hexagram of the other planets, and is part of all the others. Every possible problem of every other planets is magnified by Sun; it really is that "he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good" (Matthew 5:45). This also is the Satanic aspect of Sun, that it really makes all things possible, not just good things. Sun is not a just ruler like Jupiter, but a mad emperor, who is omnipotent but not omniscient. It is the definite power aspect, a great dynamo. I really used to loath Sun when I was young.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"