Meditation practice

Rituals, spells, prayer, meditation and magical acts.
Polyhymnia

Re: Meditation practice

Post by Polyhymnia »

Smaragd wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:35 pm These can be found from The Book of Paths, which I believe is under translation from Finnish to English. Maybe frater Nefastos, Fatuus or soror Heith have some more or less vague idea of the publishing schedule. These meditations are a bit more towards the contemplative side, so the instructions doesn't differ much at all, although there is a bit more text to chew on.

I remember checking the bewildering TM course prices when I was just starting to get familiar with the world of occult doctrines, societies and practices. Happy to have gone a bit different path, but reminded of the organization I'm curious of the technique. David Lynch instructing students on the promotion videos was a symphatetic scenario.
I look forward to reading The Book of Paths once the translation is finished. I will reread the above in a nutshell version a few more times to try and digest a little more.

The prices really are quite steep, though my friend said he was able to get a reduced price, and he finds it helpful to have a life long teacher to check in with. I suppose if you're not much of a self-learner there's some appeal in having that kind of push and encouragement. I'm a big Lynch fan, and honestly I don't think I would have attempted meditation again and stuck with it if it wasn't for him. I found other methods very uncomfortable for me because it's very difficult for me to keep a still mind. I feel though that I've grown quite a bit from when I started, and I feel continuous growth, so I think my foundation is strong enough now to try other methods again with at least a bit more success.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Heith

Post by Heith »

Smaragd wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:35 pm
These can be found from The Book of Paths, which I believe is under translation from Finnish to English. Maybe frater Nefastos, Fatuus or soror Heith have some more or less vague idea of the publishing schedule.
Don't hold your breath with this one. I have translated all for my own aspect, and quite a lot of other stuff too but I'm not working with this at the moment. It is on my never ending list of things to do; but for now running lodge Phanes has taken the front seat and I am focusing a lot more on my own art after giving years of my time either nearly or completely full time to SoA. Perhaps in a little while Phanes is solid enough for me to focus on other things though, or perhaps a sudden inspiration strikes me to further the translation. This project is however something that one can partake in, in case you'd be interested, Smaragd.

Polyhymnia wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:09 pm Can I find more in depth information about these meditations in SoA literature or is this something that will become more available to me after (hopefully) being accepted as a member?
It's difficult to say from the top of my head but we do have more discussion on our members' section on the forums. Whether or not specifically of this topic I can't remember, but one can of course begin such conversations. And of course, our members do discuss amongst themselves. We do have a lot of unpublished material which simply hasn't happened (in any language yet) because there is always so much to do.

If you are considering membership and have questions you can ask here on the forums or write directly to the lodge personnel. In Phanes the acolyte is Silvaeon who is a fellow Canadian, so perhaps a natural point to start if you have set your heart on Phanes.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Heith wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:08 pm
It's difficult to say from the top of my head but we do have more discussion on our members' section on the forums. Whether or not specifically of this topic I can't remember, but one can of course begin such conversations. And of course, our members do discuss amongst themselves. We do have a lot of unpublished material which simply hasn't happened (in any language yet) because there is always so much to do.

If you are considering membership and have questions you can ask here on the forums or write directly to the lodge personnel. In Phanes the acolyte is Silvaeon who is a fellow Canadian, so perhaps a natural point to start if you have set your heart on Phanes.
Thank you for all the info! I submitted my application a few days ago, and I submitted for membership to Lodge Hermes, but perhaps I will also submit an application for membership to Lodge Phanes. I believe I remember seeing it is possible to be a part of a couple of different lodges, and though I felt drawn to Lodge Hermes due to the nature of my studies, I feel Lodge Phanes might also be a good fit, especially with fellow Canadians within it.

I hope you are finding much rest and inspiration focusing on your art! I imagine organizations can be very energy consuming, and finding balance can be difficult.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran