Necromancy

Rituals, spells, prayer, meditation and magical acts.
Nefastos
Frater

Necromancy

Postby Nefastos » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:13 pm

Dear brothers & guests, what are your thoughts on necromancy?

By necromancy I mostly refer to magical practices raising either spirits themselves or their energy, but not the trance-practices where one goes to the land of the dead himself. Necromancy in form of mediumism of seances, ouija-boards or trance-shamanism would perhaps fit better to "Psychic phenomena" topics, although we can easily split this topic later if you have thoughts on those & would like to share them here.

Earlier on I was extremely interested on this particular subject, & have thought about it a great deal & done some practice. Nowadays, though, I refrain from disturbing the spirits of the deceased, seeing it as hindering both to them & myself.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Medaal

Re: Necromancy

Postby Medaal » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:32 pm

(I'll try to post this again)

Yes Frater, I had my dealings with a sort of necromancy years ago when I was pushing street pharmaceuticals.

My thoughts on the ordeal was that it was a very crazy experience as I had found myself working for them more than they were working for me. It was a mutual thing but it was a crazy time for me. One thing that I took from this is that spirits of the dead are more nasty than demonic spirits. Perpahs it's a rage from once being human and being reminded of that; I don't know. But approaching them is not a matter to be taken lightly.
Nefastos
Frater

Postby Nefastos » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:00 pm

That's interesting, pray tell more!
Medaal wrote:One thing that I took from this is that spirits of the dead are more nasty than demonic spirits. Perpahs it's a rage from once being human and being reminded of that; I don't know. But approaching them is not a matter to be taken lightly.

I agree with W.P. Blatty that the "demons are spirits of deceased seeking return". The goetic spirits that have never been human lack the selfishness of individualized human beings. The chaos that the non-human demons sow is like a force of nature: there's something beautiful in it, because it's not tainted by pettiness of man. But those of us who die and do not rest easy, instead becoming passion-fueled vortices haunting their fellow people - they are the real demons in an almost Christian meaning of the word.

There are two types of necromancy, I think: that which summons the shells - ghosts, spectres or spirits - of the deceased, and that which summons their atavistic energy. The symbiosis that results in the former builds between the necromancer and the dead a bond that will likely twist the future of the both into some unpleasant experiences. As you said, "remind of being once human" is unwise to do: it turns the naturally downward stream of life that is bound to macrocosmic mortification into an artificial microcosmic vivification. It's almost similar to taking a foetus out of its mother's womb & then return it after some whim has been satisfied.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Bies

Postby Bies » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:43 pm

Nefastos wrote:
There are two types of necromancy, I think: that which summons the shells - ghosts, spectres or spirits - of the deceased, and that which summons their atavistic energy. The symbiosis that results in the former builds between the necromancer and the dead a bond that will likely twist the future of the both into some unpleasant experiences. As you said, "remind of being once human" is unwise to do: it turns the naturally downward stream of life that is bound to macrocosmic mortification into an artificial microcosmic vivification. It's almost similar to taking a foetus out of its mother's womb & then return it after some whim has been satisfied.
Very well worded "disclaimer" of sorts on this topic. I feel that this is a practice that is treated exceptionally poorly by North American would-be occultists, and is very selfish; relying upon and evoking/provoking the dead for the fulfillment of a whim or fancy, and not expecting any effect of a lingering energy/presence. It is not something so easily shrugged off.
"It was also given to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them, and authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation was given to him."