Strange happenings during first contact to "Spirit World"

Astral and paranormal experiences, dreams and visions.
Seferoth

Strange happenings during first contact to "Spirit World"

Post by Seferoth »

Hello to all, this is my very first post in here, and it has something to do with a botched? contact with the "spirit world". So, i read quite a bit about how to be a medium and how to contact spirits. I learned about trance states, how to breath correctly, how to vibrate and attract spirits, etc. However, when i first put this knowledge in use something strange happened, but not immediately, during my first attempt to achieve the trance state i did experience bizarre body movements, my hands and legs seemed to not be in my control for a few moments and my mind was lost in this "void", it was like i did not exist for a few moments.

I did this experiment when i was already in a very frustrated mood, i was anxious and all together in a bad mood. I did pray and concentrate to contact "good" spirits only, but in reality i was open for absolutely everyone and everything...something to give me absolute proof that these "spirits" indeed do exist. Well, the experiment ended when i snapped out of my trance and i thought the whole ordeal was a complete failure. Well, next day something appeared for a few seconds, it was a shadow or just darkness it's very hard to describe it, but it entered my room(during the day) and most of the light just drained away until it was very dark like in the night and i could feel that someone or something was in the room with me. I did get a bit scared i am not going to lie, but it lasted only for a few moments and then it was gone. So, if there are any experts here i would be most happy to know what exactly did i do and how not to do that again...as i have this feeling that i managed to get away quite freely and unharmed this time, but next time this happens i might not get so lucky. Or perhaps my mind simply pulled a trick on me?
Kavi

Re: Strange happenings during first contact to "Spirit World"

Post by Kavi »

Firstly I want to mention that you are now more experienced than I am from this kind of practice.
Although someone might have more experience from ceremonial magic and working with Goetic spirits or anything else while I do not I'd like to voice my concerns.
I think in SoA there is usually warnings for doing such things, for me, I have kept a sense of neurotic respect towards the beings and spirits, I let them live undisturbed and never tease or evoke them just to see if they exist or not.

What you did sounds like to me like you opened internet from computer and let everything come inside that is ever uploaded there.
I have heard anecdotes from those who tested Ouija board or similar to it and as a conclusion different things start manifesting: mostly visions and psychological things.

I think there is scientific answer also to the "feeling of presence" - I have felt this couple of times while doing Tarot card readings with such intense focus and later on sensed like someone is in the same room with me - but I think it's not relevant to analyze brainwaves here or thinking of brain making tricks. It might possibly do tricks, but now you are not asking anymore for absolute proof of existence of spirits, but also questioning about the happenings, am I right?
I think some sort of protection and or banishment ritual could be good.

Lastly, I would not advice to do again what you've been writing, to me it seems like cutting your skin open with dirty knife that invites all kind of bacteria into your system.
What is also needed is concentration and ethics.

My approach is academical. Someone else might give other kind of answer, but to me concentration and ethics are about this:
So what you need to ask for yourself is why you are doing such thing? And for what purpose?
Are the used methods qualified and valid in your search?
What are you sources (which spirits you are trying to call) that you are using and how reliable they are?
Do you have a hypothesis?

Also invocation seems to be the method here? Maybe someone has experience and stories to tell?
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Thank you for the very detailed answer. Also no, i don't need any more proof about the existence of the spirits, i am quite sure about their existence now. The biggest mystery is that shadow, i have heard about apparitions and voices that can happen during mediumship/trances, but this was something else, no form at all but just darkness and how it drained that light still gives me the creeps. Also the fact that it did appear the next day, that's also quite strange. I will take more precautions in the future though, i will start learning and studying protective and/or banishment spells/rituals so something like this will not happen again.

I can also tell you why i did what i did, one reason why i chose mediumship is that in my family there are many mediums, my now deceased grandmother knew everything about ourselves before even we did, she often talked to spirits(past family members) and she used to talk to crows as well who according to her told her secrets, she was amazing, she also knew very powerful healing magic, she healed me when i was a kid from very bad wart disease, no modern medicine could heal me, but she did with one spell. My mother(my grandmothers daughter) also has powers, she has these premonitions that almost always comes true, and my sister has her dreams that comes true quite often. I suppose i could say i was a bit jealous of their abilities and decided to see if i could do something similar and if the stories my family has told about the spirits were in fact true...i now understand how reckless that was, but if anything it was enlightening at least.

Perhaps i too had this ability or least affinity to it, but it was hidden and i somehow managed to unlock it during that trance. Anyway, i will continue my experiments in the future, but with entirely different methods/moods. I will also take more precautions before doing anything. I will continue because i cannot lie that the whole experience did increase my appetite for this kind of work and study, but this time with more wisdom and preparation. Again, thank you for the reply and advices.
Gangleri

Post by Gangleri »

Many strange things have happened during the years but I think they are mostly because of psychopathology or a spiritual/mental illness.

I have one cautionary story to tell though: when already in active psychosis in spring 2017, I opened my Clavicula Salomonis for the first time and my "exceptionally good idea" was to start invoking the hourly spirits. What it lead to was a feeling of power that was actually a worsening psychosis, and in the end I saw a little fly in my apartment to change into a fly of the size of the universe about to consume it altogether. When I was taken into a psychiatric ward the police taking me there wondered about the four large scars in my back that I was unaware myself. The police asked whether I had mutilated my back purposefully, and I had no idea what they were talking about. The next day the scars were gone.
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

That's quite something to hear. How did you recover from that? Mentally and spiritually i mean. Event like that must have had a long lasting impact to you. If it's too personal then please feel free to not answer, i understand that something like this must have been hard to deal with.
Gangleri

Post by Gangleri »

Seferoth wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:42 pm That's quite something to hear. How did you recover from that? Mentally and spiritually i mean. Event like that must have had a long lasting impact to you. If it's too personal then please feel free to not answer, i understand that something like this must have been hard to deal with.
The official answer is that when medication started to work, I also recovered from my demonic delusions. The private and personal answer is that for everything I've went through, I'm a huge bundle of several serious traumas.
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Sorry to hear that. I hope you will keep getting better though.
Gangleri

Post by Gangleri »

Seferoth wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:31 pmI hope you will keep getting better though.
I am. I don't know a single person who isn't more or less traumatized by the happenings of their life and the modern world.
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

After studying what happened to me i have managed to get some information that might possibly give some explanation to this. I think i was warned. Because of my extreme anxiety/frustration i did "vibrate" at the lowest level and due to the fact that i managed to get myself in trance for a few moments i indeed did get contact to the spirit world, but only to spirits that resides on the lowest spectrum of that world. Shadow/darkness that manifested next day was just a warning, a scare if you will, and at the same time it was the answer to my doubts and inner questions regarding the spirits.