Visions of the Mountain and the Cave

Astral and paranormal experiences, dreams and visions.
Angolmois

Visions of the Mountain and the Cave

Post by Angolmois »

I have being hesitant to share this vision after I first contemplated sharing it in the forum after it happened. Now seems to be a good time to share it, after time has passed and yet I can still feel the experience vividly.

This particular vision came to me while I was going through the Thurisaz rune cycle a month ago or so. I later realized the simple thing that when you turn the Thurisaz rune horizontally, it seems to denote either a mountain or a cave (the initiatic cave?).

http://www.studiesincomparativereligion ... uenon.aspx

The vision came to me while going sleep in my bed, and in it I was in the far north inside a mountain in which was a cave. I saw many strange instruments with which I worked with, strange animal-like creatures flew in the air inside the cave, and things seemed to just flow through my inner eyes while I was lying in my bed. The forms were quite enchanting. I had a strange feeling of being in communion with nature and working with it to produce beautiful and eerie forms at the same time. Before bed I had prayed for the nature (animal, plant and mineral kingdoms), like I try to do daily.

The whole experience took approximately 15 minutes, and I had the feeling of actually being in this place in the far north in the wilderness rather than in my bed trying to sleep.

Have you had similar or other "aetheric-astral" experiences and what do you make of them? Are they to be taken in their own terms?
Polyhymnia

Re: Visions of the Mountain and the Cave

Post by Polyhymnia »

That's a remarkable vision.

I often have very powerful visions, and lately they have been almost overbearing. The ones I get that are the most "aetheric-astral" happen when I'm getting an MRI, which I get annually on my brain. I'm actually in the midst of putting together several visual and musical pieces in an attempt to capture the sounds and sights. Each time I'm in the machine the visions always have a religious element, a musical element, and a nature element, almost always combined in some way.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

When now opening your link my eyes are drawn to those "Hieroglyphic Key permutations" and this quote:
"This inverted triangle is also the figure of the heart, and of the cup which in symbolism is generally assimilated to the heart as we have shown especially in connection with the Holy Grail."

– for I was writing an article about these exact things when opening this post of yours. Guenon's article is new to me, so it is great to see the subject discussed by him. For the Star of Azazel working, this is about the new Graal lodge working through grades, now first time discussed in the recent Finnish article. (We will try to have English translations made about these possibilities in reasonable time.)

Boreas wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:29 pmHave you had similar or other "aetheric-astral" experiences and what do you make of them? Are they to be taken in their own terms?

Not similar, no. There is a great beauty and uplifting effect in many of these astral visions "of the peacock's tail", and their physical counterparts (in aethers), but I keep my distance to them. My most intense times of astral visions have so far been at the times when things are not right in my psyche, but there is too much one-sided tension. I think that the older times had wisdom in their consideration of "frenzies", like prophetic fury, or heroic, or erotic fury: that there is something both disturbed and "dangerously potential" – similar to a poisonous drug – in these intense experiences. They are liminal and should therefore be held "sacred" not in a way of being followed blindly, but as something that gives us both important information, but a kind that needs careful intellectual interpretation, and application to also the most exoteric forms of outer life (grounding of energy). Reading Old Testament is a good, although usually neglected teacher in this danger. Almost every time some miraculous thing happens, like a visitation of an angel or someone having a message from above, people witnessing it are scared to the brink of death: for they know, what our contemporary time without deities no longer understands, that those numenous beings are not like ours, and their presence in our world is almost always distorted by our minds and in this halfway manifestation brings disintegration to our psychic balance. Thus I consider my practical theology much more Lovecraftian than Lutheran. There may be grace (mercy), but there are also many other divine tools in use of the message-bearing angelic forces.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:56 am There is a great beauty and uplifting effect in many of these astral visions "of the peacock's tail", and their physical counterparts (in aethers), but I keep my distance to them.
I have also not actively sought anything like this, it was the first time something like this happened. I have never used any hallucinogenes, but I've heard people saying one feels after the trip that there's no need to repeat it in a long time or ever again. This is how I feel about this vision.

The interesting thing in this vision was that it just came out of nothing without use of active imagination or contemplation of such symbols, but then I felt very active in the vision itself once it had started.

I did see later that night a dream in which I was handling two ball-like figures of living material, and I somehow took that material impulse of the other ball in a bad way into myself in the dream, although it was not serious.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Maybe it's also a good thing to point out that my attitude towards anything astral is the more intolerant the wider the audience is. The reason should be obvious (mental health & impossibility to safeguard that via distance, & not knowing all the extremely important personal context). In individual occult development the whole question about astral experiences is very different.

Or, let's put it this way... If someone comes to me and asks, "Do you think I should dedicate myself to become a poet by profession?" I would have a negative answer ready for thousand against one. But there's always the one against thousand, too.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:36 pm Maybe it's also a good thing to point out that my attitude towards anything astral is the more intolerant the wider the audience is. The reason should be obvious (mental health & impossibility to safeguard that via distance, & not knowing all the extremely important personal context). In individual occult development the whole question about astral experiences is very different.
That is very understandable and a good road to take.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

The latest comparable shamanic experience happened the other day after I had visualized myself as an Odin's eagle in front of the altar by closing my eyes and waving my hands as if they were wings. I went outside to my balcony and I felt like I had eagle's eyes to the planet earth for a while. This felt more like a mental experience rather than strictly astral.