Visions and Dreams

Astral and paranormal experiences, dreams and visions.
obnoxion

Re: Visions and Dreams

Post by obnoxion »

Nefastos wrote: However, I would phrase a bit differently this "humility that allows him to realize that nothing is important", rather saying that everything is equally important, and there is no moment that is not totally sacred. These two are just the sides of the same coin, same realization, in my opinion. The Void and the Perfection are both equally present at every moment, not cancelling out but holding up each other.
These were pretty much my thoughts when I was thinking if I should post the quote. For a while I hesitated, but then I decided that people would get it right. Yours was a great clarification, though!
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

I had a memorable dream today, while sleeping after a nightshift.

I was living in big country that was like a mix between Africa and South America. The mood was like in a 19th Century colony. For a long time there had been a war. Some kind of Islamic fanatics had been attacking black aborginals, and us Europeans were there to defend them. But in reality, the Aborginals had become a pariah class. Now, I was known as a man of peace, always against the war and vocal about the rights of the aborginals But somehow I knew I had enjoyed a luxury of being detached from lot of the hard realities most people had to deal with. I hadn't seen a battle, and I had no real contact with the Aborginals.

This changed, when the militants reached the edge of our camp. We were living in a camp at the beach, and the enemy was shooting us from the forest that was at the Western edge, opposite to the Eastern ocean shore. I had a rifle, and I had to take cover in sort of wooden terrace that was built so close to the ocean that the waves reached inside. The enemy bullets came close, and I was worried that they would paralyze my left side. I fired some shots back, and soon the enemy retreated. But I was very upset that I had participated in the shootings.

When I got back to camp, the Europians were furious with the Aborginals. I went to the camps water source (there was a hazy vision-like corner in our camp that was like corner of a class room that had a sink and a tap and a partial wall with bathroom tiles and a paper towl holder), and I saw that the Aborginal children had put two thin silver spears sticking in the sand, blocking the way to the water source. These thin spears were about my height, and they were mostly smoooth and polished, but with some engraved ornamental segments. In the middle of the spikes were depicted indivdual European heads, severed and impailed. I got very mad at the children, and I shouted that these heads look exactly like two young men who had just died in battle defending them, so how can I defend the rights of the Aborginals if they stage these kinds of provocations. Then I tore the spikes off the sand and tossed them away.

The children were horrified, but this was not because of what I said, for I realized they spoke French and couldn't understand me. They were shocked that I had commited a sacrilige by removing the spikes. They went to fetch the adults, and suddenly I understood I had misinterpreted the spikes. They were no more a provocation than some of our macabre crucifixes. They were the symbols of their God. I remembered I had read about that God, and just went the adults came (it seemed they were about to lynch me), I remembred the God's name and I spoke it aloud: "Chongo".

Suddenly all the Aborginals stopped. Then the children got excited and started to tell me about Chongo in French. I understood (from one little girl) that "Chongo is in the grass, Chongo is in the sky, Chongo is everywhere". I was ashamed of my actions, and I was apologizing to the God, the children and the adults.

Then one of the fathers of the children who spoke my language said, that he would take me to the priest of Chongo who had initiated himself. When I met the priest, I apoligized to him, too. And I told I had for a long time been interested in their religion, having read many books about it. So the priest decided to perform for me a traditional divination. He had a metallic devise that looked like an ornamented clothesline, made of tarnished metal. It was about a size of a large microwave oven. It had metallic stringlike structures on top, with spoon like attachments that held a little over twenty mini-coconuts (litlle smaller tha golf balls). At the bottom there was a an open rectangular place for burning embers. The sides of the fire place were heavily ornamented, but I only remeber that among the ornaments were engravings of the soles of feet. (There are similar engravings used in some of the silver christening spoon that I've seen).

The heat from the embers below made sixteen coconuts fall down, and these sixteen made up the signs for the divination.Tha man who brought me interpreted to me what the priest said: One of the coconuts that wasn't part of the sixteen, corresponded to the Tarot card "The Sun". The overall table seemed to indicate that bussiness would be good and that I was a man who appreciates good bussiness above all. I said I hoped I wasn't a man for whom bussiness came first. Then the priest smiled, and showed a vision in the middle of the ember's smoke. There was a stack of books, and on the back of one I could read the word "Esotericism" (yellow on red). Then he told that one coconut, called "Humphrey Bogart", meant that I was worried that I would be paralyzed on the right side. This got me thinking about the shooting incident that happened earlier....

And I woke up. The dream was more reslistic than most of my dreams, and of late, I have seldom recalled my dreams this vividly.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
ben Shachar

Post by ben Shachar »

I make a habit of writing down my dreams as often as possible. Sometimes there is a real gem. My dreams convince me there are many parallel existences apart from this world. Most nights I experience typical dream environments with unusual guests, angels or demons. Here is one that was uncharacteristically vivid and of which I myself strangely was not a part of.

Old biblical times. A group of five or so men stand in a field. A guy is complaining. He wants his old family land back so that he can be buried there. He works for some guy who is evil. The evil man used to be in charge but is now the second in command. The boss says "OK you can have it back so that you can be buried there when you die." The guy is still upset, it isn't soon enough. He is complaining that it wont happen. Maybe he doesn't trust them. A large Indian monster that resembles Lurch from the Adams Family turns as a fifth man speaks up to intervene. He is an old man dressed in black wearing a turban. He says "I've been working for you guys forever and this land is something that is just..." The Lurch monster man punches or even grabs at the mans face. The moment his fist makes contact, the guys face caves in. A ray of light shines down on the two standing frozen in the moment. We all look upward as if the mans soul is floating toward the source of the light. His body falls.The burial land issue seems to be resolved somehow. A song begins to play " Is this the Satan's arm?" "Is it a woman or a man?" "Is this the Satan's arm?" "Oh is this the promise land?" A man with a very pale white face, dark circles around his eyes, a bright red derby hat and red sport coat holding an umbrella steps toward us, seemingly out of a painting! And look, at the painting, it's of a Satan's arm! The plaque below it says so!

This dream was in what seemed like hell or similar. The song was vivid, it had acoustic guitar accompaniment and an almost country western sound. All the colors were so vivid and I felt disturbed in some inexplicable way upon waking.
Cancer

Post by Cancer »

A few nights ago, I had a dream that condensed, at waking, into two english-language words: ”gender ocean”. This stuck with me because I usually find almost nothing clearly meaningful in my dreams. Even rarer is that my subconscious expresses itself in actual articulated language (other than pre-existing texts, like song lyrics); some of my most intriguing dreams have been about reading poetry that is almost there, almost articulate. I’m sure that remembering even a single sentence from such a dream would fill me with pain and wonder.

Anyway, these last few days I’ve been pondering my newfound concept and half-consciously searching my surroundings for images that resonate with it. It seems that in the dream-world the words allude to, flesh is water, cool, clear and yet so deep that the bottom can’t be seen. Diving into it is, on the one hand, abandoning the brain — or immaterial soul — as the sole seat of consciousness; dissolving manhood as a restrictive gender identity on the other. This identity, with all of its joyless and tiring ramifications, is revealed as merely ice on the surface, or maybe something light and inconsequential enough to float, while the deep below opens into huge silent cathedrals.

As an example of something ”outer” continuing the dream even further than my initial interpretation could, the expression ”sea bed” caught my ear yesterday in a Florence & the Machine song, and seemed suddenly like another two-word poem, another piece of the puzzle. There’s something wonderful, in general, about using the word ”bed” as a synonym for ”basis”, ”ground” (which is not possible in my mother tongue). The dark ground of spirit is that upon which one sleeps and has sex. But who is it that does these things on the sea bed, specifically?

I would once like to hear Ophelia’s last words as an earnest bidding of good night, with no heartbreak and self-destructiveness behind them. I would like all these drowned women, my dear mermaid sisters, to have quick bright voices and laughter again.
Tiden läker inga sår.
LunaticSun

Post by LunaticSun »

From what I've gathered, dreams may be summoned by a mere sentence read in a book. or by the intense, though not necessarily conscious, inner work. For example, when I came back to Satanism after Nietzsche, my brain presented me a whole collection of progressing dreams. They all featured some underground labyrinths, basements with no end, or monastery catacombs, or sewer systems - any of these places.

My first dream felt nightmarish. It featured some strangers who were detectives and followed me into some basement of an abandoned house. In that dream I felt fear, for I knew without knowing, that in the next room of that basement, hidden by nothing but a thin curtain, there was Satan himself (a primitive figure with goat head, yet its powers were flowing through the walls as visible streams of thick darkness). I tried to warn the men around me but received only laughter. They didn't manage to open the curtain tho, for the dream ended, and all i got from it was fear and anticipation of more. (I praised that dream the next morning, for even the feeling of fear was something that would spice up my life). The following dreams were all same - more and more tunnels, and with each dream of this kind I would feel that I was getting deeper into the labyrinth. Though sometimes I would start my way from the city streets, or from foggy rural areas: i would look for some abandone house with basement or just jump down some sewer manhole then.
I passed many tunnels and felt welcome there. It was nicer than the city above. Especially when the entrance was some abandoned house. It felt like the tunnels were actually someone's devoted work, and going through those tunnels was like lying in a coffin with bones, which create some ephemeral warmth and act calming because of it. Mostly I felt one with the tunnels, sometimes I felt a hunter's passion and anything living there would probably die if it met me. But the tunnels were always empty and my desires burnt 'aimlessly', though I felt like they were helping me progress and cleaning me.

The sewers, which were always full of pipes that made the route almost impossible, would still induce fear though. Usually there would be someone else there - some fictional friends, which seemed more like some friendly shadows without identity and face, and we would run through the tunnels and sometimes through the pipes playing some combination of 'hide n seek' and 'catcher'. The reason I would feel somewhat worried in the sewers was that: 1) we were not going, but running through the labyrinth, and were surely way deeper than in other dreams, and those depths felt sacred;
2) there was some other being following us from behind, (presumably a ghost which sometimes haunts my dreams because of my watching the movie "Ring" when I was too young) or maybe it was just an echo of our own rapid movement, but it would induce the pure feeling of panic (though a rather mild one). (Pure, for it was just as the one depicted in myths - a fear induced by Pan that would make people flee from the woods, run through the bushes and branches like we did with the pipes, and rather wind up the fear evermore with own noise, screams and emotions)
and probably the 3) I was certain we wouldn't reach the great discovery, I was certain the bottom was still made of stone, for it was still a labyrinth made by men no matter how ancient it was.

Yet another disappointment: Satan was never found again, and he was never as close as in the first dream of mine. And the dreams of neverending tunnels would slowly change themselves, giving way to grey and sickening dreams about city life, city streets and feeling of total loneliness and constantly getting lost. (I am certain that it was caused by the facts that I had to face the city every day to get to college, and I actually lost myself). This pattern of sick dreams, however, has been recently paused (I'm not sure if this vice circle is broken yet) by the one that grew out of one sentence read from Fosforos. And if my words are not burdening for you, I will write about it next time.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Interesting sequence of dreams. Reminds me of the Psychology and Alchemy reading group we’re having where Dr. Jung introduced dream sequence of one case study and how there was sort of universal alchemical symbolism present in these dreams and how the core conception of self or the divine took many forms according to how the dreamer managed to relate to the events and potential revealed within the inner life.
LunaticSun wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:34 am Yet another disappointment: Satan was never found again, and he was never as close as in the first dream of mine.
Reminds me of the idea of Satan as the divine otherness with whom ”we never get to sit with on the same table” it being always the completing aspect that fulfills us, the greater potential we have drawn outside of ourselves, and which we consequently confront as we dynamicly seek to recognize and pass through the veils of mystery and initiation.

Where the veils to recognize the presence of the divinity are just a wall that does not stop the emanation coming through the other side, or where it is some structures of the psyche through which it emanates as the fear and panic, there seems to be always that other sidedness to be recognized. I wonder if the veils are something we are to understand just as much as the actual divinity and the life force it representes within those veils or structures of the human instrument?
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
LunaticSun

Post by LunaticSun »

Smaragd wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:55 am I wonder if the veils are something we are to understand just as much as the actual divinity and the life force it representes within those veils or structures of the human instrument?
Guess it was something dual just as always X) But during the period of those dreams I considered the tunnels as a part of myself (subconsciousness), but because each shadow is a particle of the whole shadow...
Though the existence of the universal shadow rather feels like an axiom. We all have it, but it is somewhat unique to each of us... and ironically, when i see my 'pure self' and my 'shadow' in my dreams, i myself (still being a unity of the two) feel as the worst, meanest and least innocent among all three of us lol (*simultaneously cries in the pillow*). But that's enough of diversion. I am sorry, but also thankful for discussion. Recently my brain granted me another wonderful dream (this time - a very bright and optimistic), so I guess I will be trying to use different methods that I'll look for in the net and come up with myself, and guess it could be fun to see which methods work for each one of us, that would be a nice experiment.
Cancer

Post by Cancer »

I had a dream about Satan last night. In the dream I descended into "the center of the earth" and found there a huge, cube-shaped, spiky diamond. (And I mean huge as in the size of a small building.) This diamond was simultaneously Satan's "throne" and Satan themself. It spoke to me without appearing to move or be altered at all, as just a voice that rang out of the stone. It said that if I sit on the "throne" and look upwards I can see all the world. I climbed atop the diamond and sat leaning on the spikes; it was kind of comfortable and seemed to really be made for sitting on. When I looked upwards I saw a view of something indistinct as though through a thick, bent glass, like the bottom of a glass bottle. Somehow it was clear to me that this really was "all the world", and I remember being amazed that it was possible to get "outside of the world" to see it all.

This dream is kind of funny to me since just a few days ago I joked with a friend about the disappointment of never having aesthetically pleasing "occult" dreams. I was especially disappointed by this when I was more active with the SoA, and would probably have loved dreams like this, with clear, esoterically significant symbols like the center of the earth, the diamond, and the shape of a cube, not to mention Satan. Usually my dreams are really uninteresting, either glaringly obvious in their meaning (as in nightmares about my family reflecting social status-related discomfort) or boring chaotic jumbles that don't seem worth deciphering.
Tiden läker inga sår.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Wow, that's quite a dream. To me the fact that you had it now and not when you were more active, speaks to the concept of time and how astral work isn't bound by such a thing.

I seldom have dreams that seem important to my occult workings. There are specific events that point towards a more astral nature, like when I dream of the dead or dying there is always a weird static filter over the dream, but it's usually only when I'm awake or half-awake that any sort of beautiful or meaningful vision comes. One time during a dream practice I dreamt I was wearing a neon snowsuit, luging down a snowy road. That was a disappointing (albeit hilarious) one to wake up from and record in my dream journal.
There are exceptions, of course, and every now and then I'll get one that feels particularly meaningful.
I dream about the brotherhood quite a bit, though the dreams usually involve some kind of ridiculous shenanigans.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
LunaticSun

Post by LunaticSun »

I forgot how to quote here.. Anyway, that was a beautiful dream, Cancer! Hope you were as hella cool as Lucifer from Franz von Stuck's painting