Synchronicity & Sacredness

Astral and paranormal experiences, dreams and visions.
Nefastos

Synchronicity & Sacredness

Post by Nefastos »

I warmly recommend the book "Jung on Synchronicity and the Paranormal", ed. Roderick Main. It is filled with points very important to the Star of Azazel, its practice, philosophy and the world view. For to start the discussion, here's a quote & some thoughts on sacredness...
Jung thereby concludes that under certain psychic conditions time and space can both become relative and can even appear to be transcended altogether. The fact that Rhine's positive results fell off once his subjects began to lose interest suggests to Jung that the necessary psychic condition has to do with affectivity. Affectivity in turn suggests the presence of an activated archetype, and in fact this archetypal background is especially evident in the kind of spontaneous acausal events Jung encountered in his therapeutic world.

Emphasis mine. In the SoA's texts it has been pointed out that:

– Faith is the dynamic aspect of imagination, having the factual power of creation
– Yearning after something is already a proof of the link to the thing desired (an archetypical union with divinity)
– Holiness = Meaningfulness
– Meaningfulness means the presence of the archetypes
– The archetypes are actual paratemporal divinities, which together form of the unity of the true world (nirvâna)

Quite the different words, precisely the same idea. This newly formulated idea of "holiness" is therefore in the individual's search after his archetypical presence in the world: in other words, letting go of the postmodern devil of not giving a fuck. Finding meaningfulness is finding sacredness, and is exactly the same what was meant by dharma in Hindu philosophy. It is one's connection to the world of the archetypes, but not in a way that one becomes like a soulless channel, but the opposite: awakening of one's soul by finding a personal way of letting the gods act in the world. (Which is the meaning of the term theurgia or theurgy, "doing the work of the gods".)

So, the presence of the higher psychic phenomena – e.g. synchronicity – depends on the concentrating force of one's identification with the "holiness", viz. the fundamental, spiritual, factual meaningfulness of being.

Quite a prologue, sorry for that. Here comes the question:

When you feel close to the spiritually vital & meaningful things in your life, do you feel that those powers interact with you in a way that is called "synchronicity" i.e. the happening of the improbable meaningful events?
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
RaktaZoci

Re: Synchronicity & Sacredness

Post by RaktaZoci »

Nefastos wrote:
When you feel close to the spiritually vital & meaningful things in your life, do you feel that those powers interact with you in a way that is called "synchronicity" i.e. the happening of the improbable meaningful events?
Hmm, had to check what does improbable mean, heh, well, anyways:
I'm only starting to realize what are those "spiritually vital & meaningful things" in my life, but it is very hard for me to say, atleast at this given point in time, how they "interact" with me. Of course, I do feel, emphasis on that particular word, that they affect me and my life somehow, but it is difficult for me to say how exactly.

I feel sometimes that some "forces" would, in a way, be guiding me to some unknown destination and this has manifested in my life as changes or happenings and occurrences leading to change. Sometimes even on a radical scale. But as it was recently discussed, on another platform, it is extremely important to be able to distinguish what is the source of the guidance, and this may vary depending on the occasion. I've had problems with this issue myself, but I believe I'm starting to make out what impulse is of the developing kind and what is of the regressive.

So, after all this confusing rambling, my answer would be that I'm open to the possibility, but it is hard for me to point out if it is specifically the mentioned that is happening, atleast for now..
die Eule der Minerva beginnt erst mit der einbrechenden Dämmerung ihren Flug.
-Hegel
Wyrmfang

Post by Wyrmfang »

Nefastos wrote:
Usually not, even in the time when I believed in a metaphysical conception of synchronicity. However, the idea of synchronicity certainly relates to, or even is meaning in some more specific sense. Namely, talking about objective probabilities is quite out of place in this context. It is notoriously difficult to assess probabilities in non-controlled real life situations, and when serious scientific approximations towards such a condition have been done, synchronities in some objective sense diminish. The case is then that when one assesses the subjective likelihood of some synchronistic event as improbable as an "ordinary event", one is before all precisely giving meaning to certain thing above the infinite variety of other things one could bring to the focus of conscious mind.
AzzAi

Post by AzzAi »

Yes. Totally. I think that synchronicity is malleable and we can change it with those powers.
The key is whether we can do it consciously or not. For me, it's an explanation of why good or bad things happen in a magical practice to us.
Nokkonen

Post by Nokkonen »

Maybe experiences of synchronicity make experiences spiritually meaningful by suggesting that there's some kind of communication? Personally, I wonder if synchronicity merely stems form brain's heightened ability to notice patterns and interpret them in a certain way -- kinda like in some cases of mental illness.
Sothoth

Post by Sothoth »

Nefastos wrote:When you feel close to the spiritually vital & meaningful things in your life, do you feel that those powers interact with you in a way that is called "synchronicity" i.e. the happening of the improbable meaningful events?
Yes, synchronicity is a great source of inspiration to me. The most meaningful events in my life have been synchronistic in one way or another. And that gives inspiration as a deep-rooted feeling of meaning behind everything. Of course one must be a bit sceptical also when encountering these kind of phenomena. Meaning is everywhere but it could be a bit useless to search it from every breadcump on your way. Synchronicity should be seen as acausal happening in the spiritual "center point" (Ingwaz-rune, bindu, laya-spot or dot in a circle.) as opposed to purely causal "kama-manasic" events in the material world. Or should I say what matters is the perspective we see things through. Finding spiritual meaning happens by shattering the old forms ones mind has, as in Tarot arcana XVI, that is the Tower.
Noname

Post by Noname »

Nokkonen wrote:Maybe experiences of synchronicity make experiences spiritually meaningful by suggesting that there's some kind of communication? Personally, I wonder if synchronicity merely stems form brain's heightened ability to notice patterns and interpret them in a certain way -- kinda like in some cases of mental illness.
Whilst hysteria may play a great part in synchronicity, it is certainly not just increased level of perception. It bends the individuals entire 'reality', and the lesser and greater forces serve the will, hence to me synchronicity feels a term that does not exactly justify it's 'high splendor'. If you ask me, it's your solitary call heard by The One, and synchronicity is the 'Polo'.
Explore until epiphany, and beyond.