The Unseen Masters

Astral and paranormal experiences, dreams and visions.
obnoxion

Re: The Unseen Masters

Post by obnoxion »

RaktaZoci wrote:"blind faith"
I did not mean blind faith exactly. But I guess in an allegoric way you could say that. The blind man as a rule still has his remaining senses to guide him, even compensating by extra acuteness the lost sight. So if a blind man can sense by his other senses a finely scented man approaching, he can readily believe without seeing that this is no homeless man approaching him.

Now this allegory is not as simple as it seems. These are hard matters to communicate. Many times a gesture or a touch is needed to bring home the idea clothed with many words. What I am trying to say is that the world is created by our thoughts to an extent many would not believe. I do not consider this to be an opinion, but a fact not everybody is aware. (As a rule it causes one to become happy and thankful in a lasting way). And because of this, by fundamentally changing how we think and how we use our imagination, we can change the world so completely that it is simply unbelievable. Yet it is all so mundane that I guess most people wouldn’t notice it anyway.

So perhaps instead of saying it is “a blind faith”, one could call it “a faith of many senses”. It is based on the presence of mind brought about by a profound moment of amazement, when the incredible behind the obvious is revealed for a minute. It is as simple as William Blake said, seeing eternity in a grain of sand. It is just that most people seem to think it is easier to get through this life by thinking that eternity is just grains of sand. But this is understandable, because it gives us the feeling that our personal life – a grain of sand if there ever was one – is eternity.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

I stand corrected.
die Eule der Minerva beginnt erst mit der einbrechenden Dämmerung ihren Flug.
-Hegel
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

obnoxion wrote:seeing eternity in a grain of sand.
Seeing anything, but eternal darkness in a grain of sand, has been a challenging work for me, as I have to do everything in reverse, through a black hole. Like going through a Saturnian digestive system and then seeing light once again, when being crapped out into the world. But when done the hard way, it feels well earned and there's a sort of carefree feeling paired with the bottomless pit, that is never far away.
Noname

Post by Noname »

RaktaZoci wrote: Life can be a wondrous adventure, if one chooses to believe so.
You, I like you.

As for the Unseen masters and the thread. I'll begin by saying I'm rather disappointed in you Nefastos, quote "the most questionable new age beliefs" end quote. Believing that nothing new can sprout from unwatered soil is ignorance.

Even as a most questionable person, as regard of the subject at hand, I'd like to ask whether you Nefastos personally believe it's possible to encounter one in a "physical world"?
Explore until epiphany, and beyond.
RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

Noname wrote:
RaktaZoci wrote: Life can be a wondrous adventure, if one chooses to believe so.
You, I like you.
Why, thank you! :)
Noname wrote: As for the Unseen masters and the thread. I'll begin by saying I'm rather disappointed in you Nefastos, quote "the most questionable new age beliefs" end quote. Believing that nothing new can sprout from unwatered soil is ignorance.
Unfortunately, Nefastos is on a vacation at the moment, so you have to be a bit patient for his personal reply. I'd like to add, though, to your remark above that what I believe is meant, when Nefastos says:
Nefastos wrote:..much like the blind faith of both the exoteric religions and the most questionable New Age beliefs.
is that even though such definition is at some cases uncalled for, there are indeed many New Age followings, which seem like an empty shell. An impulse which is disguised as something else, but still having no actual inner meaning. To believe in something merely because somebody tells you to cannot be very far-reaching.
die Eule der Minerva beginnt erst mit der einbrechenden Dämmerung ihren Flug.
-Hegel