Geochakcras

Astral and paranormal experiences, dreams and visions.
Fomalhaut

Re: Geochakcras

Post by Fomalhaut »

I did not know people from other religions could not convert to be a Yazidi - not that I was planning to convert :) :

"“Can someone from another religion become a Yezidi?” I said.

No,” Baba Sheik said. He shrugged his shoulders and cocked his head. “We are the original people,” he said and spread out his arms. “We can’t become a cocktail religion like Islam.” Everyone, including my Muslim driver and translator, thought that was hilarious."

And I find this information very interesting as well that they believe that they will be reincarnated as Yazidi after they die and Yazidis cannot get married with people from other religion.
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
— C.G. Jung
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Fomalhaut wrote:"“Can someone from another religion become a Yezidi?” I said.

No,” Baba Sheik said. He shrugged his shoulders and cocked his head. “We are the original people,” he said and spread out his arms. “We can’t become a cocktail religion like Islam.” Everyone, including my Muslim driver and translator, thought that was hilarious."
This is very interesting!

A same sort of example can be found in Zorostrianism, at least in India, where conversion is prohibited. Also, a child from mixed marriage between a zoroastrian and someone from another faith will not be a zoroastrian. This means that their religion will be dying in the world, but many think it is more important to keep the faith pure than to carry on with a compromised form.

This poses some interesting questions. For example, what sort of achievement is the absolute purity bought with price of self-annihilation? Then again, what sort of survival is it for an ancient faith, if it is bought with a worldly compromise? Or how would the world change if it had to do without the zoroastrian spiritual practice? Or Yezidi practice for that matter?
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Fomalhaut

Post by Fomalhaut »

obnoxion wrote: This poses some interesting questions. For example, what sort of achievement is the absolute purity bought with price of self-annihilation? Then again, what sort of survival is it for an ancient faith, if it is bought with a worldly compromise? Or how would the world change if it had to do without the zoroastrian spiritual practice? Or Yezidi practice for that matter?
Absolutely great questions for which I do not have any exact answers, unfortunately. I was just going to answer that human behaviours change by time, doesn't matter how strictly their cultural and religious norms are restrict their mundane. But then I wanted to make a research about Zoroastrianism relevant to what you said and I found some questions/answers part at this website:

http://www.zoroastrianism.cc/discussions_19.html

Question number 66 and its answer:

"Q: Much debate has come regarding conversion to the religion. According to tradition, only those born into the religion may practice it as they are the true "Aryans". No conversion is allowed. I believe this does not hold up to the historical fact that the religion was widespread before the Islamic conquest. It was found in Central Asia, Iran, and the Middle East. Considering the beauty of theology, I believe Zoroastrianism would make a stronger comeback if this restriction (which is incorrect historically) were lifted."

"A: What can I say? We are agreed 100% We have lifted it. In reality it never existed, but in the last 200 plus years in India , Iran , even under persecution, always welcomed New Zartoshties."
— C.G. Jung
Fomalhaut

Post by Fomalhaut »

"During the Persian Achaemenid empire the city was used as a refugee settlement. There are references to underground refugee settlements built by the Persian king Yima in the second chapter of the Zoroastrian book Vendidad. Therefore many scholars believe that the city may have been built by the Persians. The city was connected with other underground cities through miles of tunnels."

*When you translate Derinkuyu it means deep well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derinkuyu_Underground_City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxZKV8lCvzs
— C.G. Jung
Fomalhaut

Post by Fomalhaut »

Göbekli Tepe is the oldest known human-made religious structure located in South-east of Turkey. It is known that it was builded around 12000-13000 BC

There is really good website which has acadaemic writings & articles, documentaries and photos in it:

http://www.gobekli.net
— C.G. Jung
Mimesis

Post by Mimesis »

obnoxion wrote: Here I see two of the most important aspects of spiritual Satanism connected in one sacred place: 1) The profound holiness of the Soil, 2) the deep reverence of Death.
In regard to the Sedlec Ossuary, which was the first place discussed in this context, I have been lucky enough to have experienced it.
Unfortunately, the suspicions of it being overridden with tourism is true, but this did not however overpower its importance and beauty. The juxtaposition of such an array of flaccid form in the setting of such a place almost made the reverence of Death that much more powerful, but it may have distracted and thus limited the experience.

However, I have been party to far deeper, intrinsic and overwhelming experiences at a place no more than 10 miles from my own home, that is called 'Stoney Littleton'. It is merely an excavated neolithic long barrow/chambered tomb, but the walk there feels as much of a pilgrimage as if I were to travel across borders and the reverence of Death felt there is incredibly special, despite the fact that any literal representation of it (bones) no longer remain insitu.
Upon entering it, a different 'world' is felt, and regardless of the weather and temperature outside, it is immediately freezing and full of intensely dry air inside.

As Fra Nefastos expressed far better than I can, I think ones GeoChakra is only bound/centred to the place that ones Chakra is focused on at any given time. I do not therefore think that one of the above is any more important than the other, or that I (in any way) am drawn to either one more than the other. They were both erected solely as a celebration of Death, so are both therefore Holy.

Rhetorically speaking, what therefore impacts on the difference in experience from one place to another when all are as equally Holy and reverential to Death as the other?
The most obvious would be the external factors imposed upon it, such as the amount/type of other people and environment surrounding it, but our realisation of and thus search for freedom from Maya and Samsara should be internal and thus universal, so not bound to or affected by surroundings.
"We are such stuff. As dreams are made on, and our little life. Is rounded with a sleep."
Nokkonen

Post by Nokkonen »

I wonder if there is a two-way transference between human focus and geochakras, and if, by nature, the spots where people have done something and that people visit are more powerful than the ones that can be experienced only as a strange feeling in the forest. Of course one could assume that the original sites for, say, pyramids or churches were chosen because they felt special.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Nokkonen wrote:I wonder if there is a two-way transference between human focus and geochakras, and if, by nature, the spots where people have done something and that people visit are more powerful than the ones that can be experienced only as a strange feeling in the forest. Of course one could assume that the original sites for, say, pyramids or churches were chosen because they felt special.
I bet there are two-way transference. Approaching the question it feels obvious that when, for example, a human splits a piece of granite in half, the interaction affects both of them. But then again when we take a book and a human I'm not sure how the book is affected. Most likely the book will, atleast, catch some emotional goo and a coffee stain or two.

I came to think of electricity and thunder storms in relation to geochakras from the Chaos topic discussion:
Red Bird wrote:
Nefastos wrote:This said, we have here all the three possible interpretations for Chaos also (this Chaos being always connected with the Matrix on its different depths or layers). First, the Chaos which is No-Thing, i.e. where the polarities have cancelled out each other; secondly, the Fohatic union where the both are present in magical creation, and ready to start their quicker or slower descent into solidification into material existence; and thirdly, the chaos which is actually confusion of the messed up polarities, apparently pure tumult whose origin escapes us and thus appears as a mysterium tremendum or just psychological crisis, resulting from the process of magnetic reversal of the forces that the mind cannot identify itself with any longer. A lightning-storm is pretty good analogy or symbol for the latter two, and contemplating its formation we might understand something new about the magic of Fohat, or living electricity that both harnesses and is harnessed by the magician.
Hmmm… that’s a good analogy. In a lightning storm, the polarities are separated by friction and if the difference aka voltage is high enough to overcome the resistance of the air, a lightning is born. That would be chaos No. 3, I guess. The lightning as a result of messed up polarities, an unexpected and unpredictable manifestation of shifting energies. The resistance that would be able to block such a result to a unto certain point is also something to think about because it depends on variable circumstances.
Taking the symbol of lightning in to its actual manifestation in certain time and space it may reveal something about the magnetism of geochakras and show us a way back towards the symbolic nature of any ”real life” phenomena.

Yle, the national media of Finland published an article an article (only in finnish, sorry) where they interviewed the janitor of Pekka Ervast temple in the city I currently live in, and there was some discussion about how Jyväskylä had something special in it in a vision or dream Ervast had had. I understood this interpretation was made by a third party? based on the dream where Väinämöinen, the great hero of Kalevala, was based somewhere near Jyväskylä and its lakes. As the city is located in a place in Finland that would be proper to just stamp a guardian spirit of the whole country there, I'd like to be careful to make prompt conclusions. But I find it interesting that in the central area of the city there's almost never a proper thunder storms. My humble common man reasoning says its has something to do how the hill, the city is build on, is situated towards the lake. Maybe the storm clouds dodge such places.

Now thinking this setup from the point of view of geochakras and how Nefastos and Red Bird described lightning. To me it seems almost like the city has no need for interrupting outbursts and is granted the priviledge to go on without polarity switches. Maybe it could be said the polarities are healthy and no cleansing of the air is needed for the work to go on, but then humans tend to poison the air by themselves and then there's just this immence pressure from the geochakra to bite the tongue and go on without a release in momentary safe haven the afterstorm atmosphere grants.

These are only interesting details and I wouldn't give too much attention to geochakras, cultural influences or the individual build alone, but rather aknowledge their intertwined effects or presences while doing the constant Great Work.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Cerastes

Post by Cerastes »

I'm not sure if Scandinavians know what a big treasure their forests are. Hopefully at least you occultists do. I sometimes travel quite a long distance to spend time in those forests. (Okay I admit... I like the waffles too) The forests have a special energy. If you walk long enough there are parts that do not contain any human „rest energy“. It is a pure, unspoiled geo chakra, the clean nature with absolutely no human oppression. It is a kind of unleashed freedom that I barely found anywhere else. I don't think one can do anything without leaving a trace.

And this leads me back the lightning storm in the city.
Smaragd wrote:Now thinking this setup from the point of view of geochakras and how Nefastos and Red Bird described lightning. To me it seems almost like the city has no need for interrupting outbursts and is granted the priviledge to go on without polarity switches. Maybe it could be said the polarities are healthy and no cleansing of the air is needed for the work to go on, but then humans tend to poison the air by themselves and then there's just this immence pressure from the geochakra to bite the tongue and go on without a release in momentary safe haven the afterstorm atmosphere grants.
To me,the city is a symbol for the human opression of nature and death which is done by pressure, like the air pressure influences the lightning storm. But the one thing about energy (polarity) I know is, that energy is power and power will always find a way to act. There is no durable way to opress this so there will be an outburst for sure. Maybe it is not a lightning but something else.
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
(Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Red Bird wrote:To me,the city is a symbol for the human opression of nature and death which is done by pressure, like the air pressure influences the lightning storm. But the one thing about energy (polarity) I know is, that energy is power and power will always find a way to act. There is no durable way to opress this so there will be an outburst for sure. Maybe it is not a lightning but something else.
Indeed, and I think this pressure can be a good thing in some approaches, especially in the Red aspect. Holding such intence energies asks constantly for directions to pour the lava towards. The question is, where can I burn without scorching all those endlessly giving forests of ours? To the rocks and caves say I. Or maybe one can lift ones focus from the intensity of the local geochakras towards the music of the spheres and focus on the now as slowly as a flower opening and closing in sync with the sun and and the factors of the night.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake