Geochakcras

Astral and paranormal experiences, dreams and visions.
obnoxion

Geochakcras

Post by obnoxion »

Here we can discuss power places, pilgrimage centers, and the Holy Places of all traditions, both ancient and living.

I’d like to open the discussion with the Czech chapel, connected to the Roman Catholic Cemetery Church of All Saints (Hřbitovní kostel Všech Svatých), called the Sedlec Ossuary - or the “Church of Bones”.

I think it would be pointless to sum up the usual facts that any interested party can find from the internet. But I would like to point out a couple of things why I find this chapel interesting. I see in it a sort of symbolism of how the sort of spiritual Satanism that Star of Azazel represents, is connected to the larger tradition of Christianity. Indeed, if the Christian tradition as a whole could be seen as The Church of All Saints, the Star of Azazel could be seen as as "The Chapel of Bones” by the cemetery. Actually this particular church would be especially suitable example, as the very soil of its cemetery is profoundly holy. When the King Otakar II of Bohemia returned from the crucades in the 13th century, he brought with him some soil from Golgotha, and sprinkled it over abbey cemetery. The inside of the chapel is decorated with thousands of human bones, and the lamp of the chapel is actually made so that every bone in the human body is used in its manufacture.

Here I see two of the most important aspects of spiritual Satanism connected in one sacred place: 1) The profound holiness of the Soil, 2) the deep reverence of Death.

Having dealt with the symbolism, it would be interesting to hear about the atmosphere of the chapel, especially connected to possible spiritual practice. Considering that the Sedlec Ossuary is one of the most visited tourist attractions in the Czech Republic, it is probable that someone reading this forum has had personal experience of this place.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Fomalhaut

Re: Geochakcras

Post by Fomalhaut »

Thank you very much about this post Frater Obnoxion, I was curious about this church, I heard about it last summer,if I remember right. And I did not have any time to make any research over it. You have made really good points. Thank you very much.

It would be nice to have a trip to Czech Republic some day in future with all Fratres and visit the church :)
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
— C.G. Jung
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Fomalhaut wrote:It would be nice to have a trip to Czech Republic some day in future with all Fratres and visit the church :)
Nothing would be more pleasent than visiting some of the most spectacular sites in the fine company of my brothers and sisters! :)

But at the same time it is important to remember that our lives don't depend on the fulfilment of such dreams. And after all, there are powerful & sacred locations in every land. Although they may not have magnificent structures built upon them, it doesn't mean that their power is weak. On the contrary, the immanent presence might very well be more pure and raw in a place where the tourists seldom flock.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Fomalhaut

Post by Fomalhaut »

obnoxion wrote:
Fomalhaut wrote:It would be nice to have a trip to Czech Republic some day in future with all Fratres and visit the church :)
But at the same time it is important to remember that our lives don't depend on the fulfilment of such dreams. And after all, there are powerful & sacred locations in every land. Although they may not have magnificent structures built upon them, it doesn't mean that their power is weak. On the contrary, the immanent presence might very well be more pure and raw in a place where the tourists seldom flock.

I guess there has been a misunderstanding here, Frater. I did not mean it is a must thing to do or it is an obligatory thing. I just mentioned that it would be nice to visit there, if it would be possible, nothing more :) I totally agree with you about what you wrote above.
— C.G. Jung
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Fomalhaut wrote:I guess there has been a misunderstanding here, Frater. I did not mean it is a must thing to do or it is an obligatory thing.
Yes there must be, cause neither did I. :)
It isn't a must thing, but it would be a very nice thing.

Here we see one important point about this forum. Not all of us speak english as our native language, and misunderstandings might prove to be a quite regular phenomenon. So if one is uncertain what the other one meant, it is best to clear the matter in a friendly or gentlemanly fashion. It is likely that both parties were in perfect agreement, but the ideas were expressed in an unclear way.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

obnoxion wrote:But at the same time it is important to remember that our lives don't depend on the fulfilment of such dreams. And after all, there are powerful & sacred locations in every land. Although they may not have magnificent structures built upon them, it doesn't mean that their power is weak.

Don't both vedic & tantric texts agree that there are actually thousands of chakras in the human body? It's just that six or seven of these are said to be the largest.

But are they greatest in any time, in meaning? I think not. In any moment, the point which we are is of the utmost importance, and we are there just because of that. Quod est inferius est sicut quod est superius, and the physical location which we are - the geochakra - corresponds in a way to the place we are energetically focused in our own chakric (etheric) body.

I'm trying to say that the actual pilgrimage, as you just agreed, can be uplifting but is not necessary, for the six or seven (depending on how we choose to see it) primal energies meet in every place, & in every location there is THE central point ("laya").

Just an example. When we are now doing work in the kundalinî center of Finland, that is Helsinki, it is the place I have longed to be for many years, but just recently that was made possible by the greater dharma.

EDIT: typo
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Aquila

Post by Aquila »

obnoxion wrote: Here I see two of the most important aspects of spiritual Satanism connected in one sacred place: 1) The profound holiness of the Soil, 2) the deep reverence of Death.

Having dealt with the symbolism, it would be interesting to hear about the atmosphere of the chapel, especially connected to possible spiritual practice. Considering that the Sedlec Ossuary is one of the most visited tourist attractions in the Czech Republic, it is probable that someone reading this forum has had personal experience of this place.
I remember seeing some pictures of the place earlier but didn't know anything about it before your post. I was wondering if there is any information whose bones were used to build the place. Monks probably? Definitely it would be of great honour if ones remains were used to build a temple or cathedral. At least on a symbolic level if not concretely. Of course the idea also gives possibilities for some contemplation on death.

Here's a smaller ossuary located in Portugal (with "only" 5000 skeletons of monks used):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capela_dos_Ossos
Lux

Post by Lux »

obnoxion wrote:Here I see two of the most important aspects of spiritual Satanism connected in one sacred place: 1) The profound holiness of the Soil, 2) the deep reverence of Death.
Although you probably meant to include the following in these, I would also like to mention more specifically the symbology of bones, which reflect all the three different gunas and aspects, and their basically "ever-lasting" and timeless nature - from the human perspective - also reflect time and eternity at the same time.

The skull symbology is quite clear (death, calvarium, meaning of existence etc.), but at the same time the mineral nature of bones reflect very well the Saturnal correspondence, and hence the associations of metallurgy and mineralogy in relation to Satan, Azazel and such figures / archetypes.

The ossuary would certainly be an interesting place to visit, as many other places also.
Eradicatus

Post by Eradicatus »

They have been several Mayan Temples I have wished to pay a visit to someday at least once, some of them which have not been fully excavated yet and what may have been kept inside of the Temples will be hidden for quite a deal of time. One of the Ruins I wish to visit will be Palenque for the great Atmosphere the Environment for it contains along with Tikal which is known for its Five Towering Pyramids. It is known people lived in Palenque as early as 300 BC, it is surrounded by mountains, several rushing waterfalls and a dense forest and was discovered around 1773 and all resources of Gold and such were taken from it, however causing damage to the Palace at the site. Tikal is known to have been inhabited by the Mayans around 900-300 BC starting as a small village, it then became around 300 BC - 100 AD as a important Ceremonial center and then several Temples and Pyramids were constructed.
Build not upon sand, but upon rock And build not for today or yesterday but for all time.
- Codex Saerus, The Black Book of Satan - Anton Long.
Fomalhaut

Post by Fomalhaut »

Yazidi Temple - Temple of Lalish at North Iraq. I found this nice article and interview:

http://www.michaeltotten.com/archives/001064.html

There ıs some interesting information, I learned new things about them that I did not know before.
— C.G. Jung