Full Moon Dreams

Astral and paranormal experiences, dreams and visions.
Polyhymnia
Soror

Re: Full Moon Dreams

Post by Polyhymnia »

My imagination has become very active in the moments before I fall asleep, but then I wake up with no recollection of having dreamt anything these past few days. I have my journal beside my head and everything! I believe this is what they call murphy's law.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Peregrina
Soror

Re: Full Moon Dreams

Post by Peregrina »

Benemal wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:32 pm
Getting a bit off-topic now, with stuff that has been discussed in many other topics before. Dying to the world, mortification, salt becoming tasteless, and so forth. How something very dear can become an addiction, even a religion, and then lose all meaning, taste and color. Particularly this happened to me with music. What I meant by it possibly being a blessing, to have other tastes and colors to turn to, to possibly heal your despair. I wanted to quickly post about this, before trying to find an appropriate topic, where maybe this stuff needs to be discussed once again.
I have lately been mourning over the experienced loss of many ideals that I once held dear. The topic came to my mind once again today, and I wondered that the actual reason for the pain that led me to experience my former ideals as attackers is not that the ideals are wrong, but that my full focus wasn't on working for my ideals but instead the need/want for approval distorted my relationship with them.
So perhaps it's not music, that you need to be dead to, but to some drive which uses music in your life as a tool.
Or perhaps the drive is just, only misplaced like when people use food or sex as a substitute for meaningful connection.