Symbology of the Chalice of Mount Argarizim

Symbols and allegories.
Angolmois

Symbology of the Chalice of Mount Argarizim

Post by Angolmois »

So in the Runic Visions topic there came up the symbology of the Chalice of Mount Argarizim. There are of course some basic symbols - the triangles and the cube - which are intertwined in the symbol but I would like to hear more of its meanings. What's in a symbol? How is it to be interpreted?
Angolmois

Re: Symbology of the Chalice of Mount Argarizim

Post by Angolmois »

Here is the Boehmean symbol with a very similar shape.
Attachments
Boehme_triangles.jpg
Boehme_triangles.jpg (26.19 KiB) Viewed 6082 times
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Thank you for asking! The (attached) symbol of the Chalice of Mount Argarizim is one of the permutations of the Hieroglyphic Key of the Star of Azazel and, in my opinion, the brotherhood's most important emblem along with our decagram symbol. Where the Hieroglyphic Key gives the sevenfold constitution of principles and the threefold aspects in the form of the two triangles and the cross connecting them, in the Chalice symbol the triangles have been inverted: higher becomes the lower, the lower becomes the higher. Hence, it is a tantric symbol, and is connected to the fourth initiation & the birth of the inner Sun.

In the Chalice symbol, which is the symbol of Grail, the inner Sun is seen being born & shining forth from the cup, which is the lower triangle of the man's three physical principles (linga sharîra, kâma rupa, kâma manas). It is through these lower principles the Christ-Sun is born in this stage. At the center of the Chalice is the cross, now condensed into a square – cubic – temple with a round halo surrounding it. It connects and separates the two triangles just like the fourfold cross symbol did it in the basic form of the Hieroglyphic Key. In Böhme's picture you included the letter H of tetragammaton is shaped similarly at the similar point. Also in original Hebreb that letter H(eh) corresponds to the House of the Lord, the temple.

It is quite impossible to exhaust the meanings from this Argarizim Chalice symbol. It is the life-giving Grail where the whole journey of the Graal lodge is seen:

(1) Paths that journey to the mountain (upward triangle)
(2) The Temple at the mountain top (cube in the middle)
(3) The journey through the Amphitheatre of the underworld (downwards pointing triangle opening from the temple)
Attachments
Chalice of Mount Argarizim.jpg
Chalice of Mount Argarizim.jpg (27.78 KiB) Viewed 6070 times
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Thanx! What has also been puzzling me is that I have not found any information on the word Argarizim itself. Is It the same as mount Gerizim and if it is, what has caused you to change the wording?
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

It is an old alternate spelling used by Eusebius:
Praeparatio Evangelica wrote:Abraham was treated as a guest by the city in the temple Argarizim, which means "mountain of the Most High." He received gifts from Melchizedek, its ruler and priest of God."

The quote is from "Biblical Figures Outside the Bible", Stone & Bergen (ed.), Trinity Press 1998, p. 183. I recommend the book.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:58 pm It is an old alternate spelling used by Eusebius:
Praeparatio Evangelica wrote:Abraham was treated as a guest by the city in the temple Argarizim, which means "mountain of the Most High." He received gifts from Melchizedek, its ruler and priest of God."

The quote is from "Biblical Figures Outside the Bible", Stone & Bergen (ed.), Trinity Press 1998, p. 183. I recommend the book.
OK, thanks!

Would you describe SoA's esoteric strain as "abrahamic heterodox heresy"? (Not pointing any denigrating meaning in these words.)
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Rúnatýr wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:08 pmWould you describe SoA's esoteric strain as "abrahamic heterodox heresy"?

Even though there are many things in Abrahamic religions which esoteric symbolism the Star of Azazel uses consistently, I wouldn't call us Abrahamic: so many important points are more connected to other sources, like tantra. Also, even though some of our tenets are heterodox, some are so hostile to the common Right Hand Path Abrahamic doctrines that even "heresy" sounds too mild an expression. In many fundamental aspects related to e.g. the role of the God the Father, and the following patriarchy, so persistent & important in all the Abrahamic religions, are not only denied, but inverted.

Of course, considering how theosophical esotericism considers all religions being one in their core, it would be possible for an orthodox Jew, Christian or Muslim to see his own doctrines preserved in the SoA in a different shape, but it would demand from him a lot of depth of heart. Most likely the most basic theological tenet of the Azazelian religion, "God is actually Satan, and should be hated for that; & Satan is actually God, and should be adored because of that", would be too much for him to consider what is inside of such a seemingly monstrous ideology.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Nefastos wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:03 am
Of course, considering how theosophical esotericism considers all religions being one in their core, it would be possible for an orthodox Jew, Christian or Muslim to see his own doctrines preserved in the SoA in a different shape, but it would demand from him a lot of depth of heart. Most likely the most basic theological tenet of the Azazelian religion, "God is actually Satan, and should be hated for that; & Satan is actually God, and should be adored because of that", would be too much for him to consider what is inside of such a seemingly monstrous ideology.
I often have moments where I think I can show my mom our tenets in full, but I always end up reconsidering because Satan and the worship of death would be too much for her. Though she has handled my being an occultist well, particularly these last few years, and I often speak to her of the brotherhood in a more generalized way, I think dropping the Satan bomb on her would be too much and might undo all of the progress her and I have made in both our personal relationship and our religious/spiritual one. Even though we discuss many things that are Azazelian in nature, the mere mention of Satan would make a wall come up. Though last night she finally accepted that the joining of the hands was important work for everyone, and not just an occultist. It did take a little patience on my behalf explaining that the left hand didn't entail baby sacrifice.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Polyhymnia wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:10 pmEven though we discuss many things that are Azazelian in nature, the mere mention of Satan would make a wall come up.

Sounds familiar. We have always communicated a lot with my mother, to the brink of telepathy & beyond. Still it took about twenty years for her to accept my faith. And, of course, I still try not to insult her faith (too much...) with my ramblings of Satan & hostility to God whom she sees as presented well enough in the familiar protestant theology. Luckily, our shared love & respect to Christ has helped in this a lot, even though we emphasize different aspects. She, the mercy given undeservedly; me, the teachings which present factual demands. But since these polarities are present already in the qabbalah, in the form of pillars of Mercy & Severity, I take these kinds of "communications wrestling in love" very Azazelian in nature too.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:03 am
Rúnatýr wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:08 pmWould you describe SoA's esoteric strain as "abrahamic heterodox heresy"?

Even though there are many things in Abrahamic religions which esoteric symbolism the Star of Azazel uses consistently, I wouldn't call us Abrahamic: so many important points are more connected to other sources, like tantra.
The reason I asked was because the central mythology is Jewish, symbolism used is Abrahamic, the entities invoked in the hymns are kabbalistic, and the central figure is from an orthodox exoteric point of view evil itself.
Nefastos wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:03 am Most likely the most basic theological tenet of the Azazelian religion, "God is actually Satan, and should be hated for that; & Satan is actually God, and should be adored because of that", would be too much for him to consider what is inside of such a seemingly monstrous ideology.
If this is the most basic tenet, I really can't get my head around this one. I see Satan as an angel, not equal or the same as God. There is a hierarchy of Being.