The Manifestations of pre-Christian Satan (Saturn etc.)

Symbols and allegories.
Angolmois

The Manifestations of pre-Christian Satan (Saturn etc.)

Post by Angolmois »

I think it is a stable in religious history that the first real orthodox dualistic monotheistic (!) religion was Zoroastrianism, which paved the way for the Jewish and later Christian interpretations of Satan as an "evil antigod" that opposes the divine order.

But what about the more non-dualistic interpretations of the preceding religious and metaphysical thought? What are the pure or shadowed and masked faces of the pre-Christian pantheon, where Satan and Lucifer were seen in more neutral light albeit not called with the Christian names? Where all do you see the manifestations of the pre-Christian Satan/SanatKumara/Saturn/Melchisedek? Everywhere and in all the archetypes? In evolutionary history described in symbolic terms?
Kenazis

Re: The Manifestations of pre-Christian Satan (Saturn etc.)

Post by Kenazis »

Only mythologies that I know enough to even say something are Persian and Scandinavian/Norse. I don't know is it right to say that these are seen less negative light (maybe a bit), but I see Surtr-Loki-Gullveig being dark trinity of Father-Son-"Holy Spirit" similar than Satan-Lucifer-Lilith (seen as dark feminine archetype).
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"