Trinities and their correspondences

Symbols and allegories.
obnoxion

Re: Trinities and their correspondences

Post by obnoxion »

Your stray thoughts were immensely rewarding! Although I haven't played Silent Hill, I've read about it and I find the story and the mythos fascinating. I remember when I first saw a pictute of the Pyramid Head. He is a shockingly impressive villain. Also, in the wiki article on the killer Sullivan there is a model of his bathroom, with a massive hole in the wall and a toilet seat with thick excrement stains on it. That place truly is horrible.
obnoxion wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:01 pm Baidyanath Dam in Jharkhand.
I have to mention: This place is very rare in that it contains both a shaktipitha and one of the twelve Jyotirlingas. I feel really positive about these three heart centers.

I am also quite interested in shamanistic and poetic Islam (there are actually numerous forms of islamic vamacara in India), and I have been quite inspired to use the name Allahabad as a multi-layered poetic metaphor. It fits right in the symbolic language of Indo-Persian poetry.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

It seems that the path I considered as a dead end was not such after all, but something very important was found. Being often somewhat at loss how to distribute the meditative focus between the two heart centers, I have found another way with the third. When the cross of Gestas is erected at the right side of the chest, together with the physical light radiating cross of Dismas at the left, it creates a new kind of stability and calm in the central Anâhata.

Yesterday I visited my Purnagiri in important brotherhood business. The fact that the sea must be crossed to get there seems to give it extra depth, which was interesting to notice. That is also the part of the journey I like the most, even though I've used to be more lake than sea type (coming from a lake-town, sea often seems too immense to be understandable). The trip was extremely rewarding in many respects.

obnoxion wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:11 amPyramid Head. He is a shockingly impressive villain. Also, in the wiki article on the killer Sullivan there is a model of his bathroom, with a massive hole in the wall and a toilet seat with thick excrement stains on it.

I'll also continue a bit this major off-topic into Gestasian fiction.

One of the Silent Hill's greatest aspects as a modern mythos is really is in their handling of the nemeses as the ones that are truly identifiable. Pyramid Head is the sympathetic protagonist's superconscious need to punish himself (finally admitted in the end), and the metallic blood-soaked pyramidal hood is not only intimidating but also extremely cumbersome and blinding, therefore a very good depiction of this nemesis status and its effects on any man, projection or entity. Walter Sullivan's extremely tragic Mother-issues I aready related. And in the third Silent Hill, the villain is once more someone I related absolutely: the reason why she was summoning the "God" (Devil) in a painful way was because she thought that the only way to help humankind's suffering would be to destroy everything. Only because of her personal father issues and confused occult world view, she was convinced that the way to help would be to create that weird astral-induced black magic hell. We people are strange in our secretly mixed intentions like that, and because there is beauty and heroic devotion in the process, the very dark & traumatized parts behind one's intention are easy to ignore. Not only in oneself, but in one's spiritual gurus too. Sadly, they are often those black dots which finally come to dominate the whole process, which at first seemed so uplifting.

I'm still sad that after the fourth installment, Konami dropped the ball almost totally.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

That's enough of fictional devils, back to the maps. I attach a blur containing the Anahatan axis as we thought; accidentally this also includes the places mentioned in the Subba Row's article above.

I said (May 3) that it sounds that Prayaga seems to be corresponding to the actual centermost heart cakra, while Varanasi would be the one connected to the physical heart at left. Yet that seems extremely unlikely since you convinced me that Baidyanath is the "liver-heart" at right: therefore Varanasi must be the middlemost, and Prayaga at the "heart muscle".

If that is so, the Skull Hill where the crosses are erected is beheld as if from Purnagiri (sounds about right, since that too bears the same name, in a way, being the Black Mountain of mortification), namely, conveniently just like it seems from our present time use of maps, where East is at the right side. Do you think that this is also how one should place personal Varanasi & Baidyanath at the local map: as seen from the south side, Purnagiri?
Attachments
anahatan_axis.jpg
anahatan_axis.jpg (242.21 KiB) Viewed 5920 times
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Varanasi is, of course, the rightful center, for it is the holiest of cities. (I've actually made a request, that if such a choice is possible, I'd like to be cremated with my head towards Varanasi). Allahabad as the center would have been a stressedly esoteric choice. Should Varanasi now self-emerge as the center, it would only be evidence of the correctness of this model. I think in Varanasi there must be a temple for each of the gods, and as William Blake said, they now dwell in human breast.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Nefastos wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:49 pm [...]Prayaga seems to be corresponding to the actual centermost heart cakra,
I was reading a shaiva treatise, "The Pancavaranastava of Aghorashivacarya - A Twelfth-century South Indian prescription for the visualisation of Sadashiva and his retinue" (Institute Francais de Pondichery, 2005; page 106), and there was interesting paragraph on the two rivers, Ganga and Yamuna. These two (together with the invisible Sarasvati) make a confluence of three river at Prayaga:

"Now Ganga and Yamuna have from early times often been placed at the doors of temples, Ganga being indeed usually to the right of the door as one enters and Yamuna to the left. We find these river goddesses placed sometimes outside and sometimes inside the door-keepers."

This gives a convenient key to correspondences, such as Ida and Pingala, Jochim and Boas, etc... I've understood that, at the actual confluence in Allahabad/Prayaga, Ganga is indeed shallow and muddy, while the water in Yamuna runs deep and clear.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

This has been very interesting thread to read and contemplate, yet at the same time you are treading on a quite unfamiliar territory for myself personally.

After moving back to the forest I have made several large stones as my geo-chakric points of practice. They look like they're thrown into the ground by big giants. In the map they form some sort of a pentacle around my home.

As a result of reading this topic daily there has been some shift in my practice mentally. For example, I have intuitively made contact with East georaphically, and when I pray for the Master's work to be done on earth, Koot Hoomi and Morya have also come to mind intuitively many times, and I have mentally visualized the Master's impulse coming from the ideal "Shambala" where it spreads all over the earth via disciples.

The other change that has happened is that the Valknutr I visualize into my heart centre has transformed into three triangles like in the four peaks of mount meru and the inverted triangle has set in their midst.

Funny anecdote: I played a berserker dwarf named Gorgonas Varanasi in our earlier role playing game.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Boreas wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:31 pm This has been very interesting thread to read and contemplate, yet at the same time you are treading on a quite unfamiliar territory for myself personally.
If you want to quickly learn tha basics, read Mark Dycozkwski's "Journey in the World of the Tantras", Chapter 4 "The Inner Pilgrimage of the Tantras - Sacred Geography of the Kubjika Tantras with Reference to the Bhairava and Kaula Tantras". He writes very lucidly about these Shakta Pithas, and I am sure much of the above will make sense. The book itself is only available second hand, but there are pdf's easily available.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

obnoxion wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:24 pm
Boreas wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:31 pm This has been very interesting thread to read and contemplate, yet at the same time you are treading on a quite unfamiliar territory for myself personally.
If you want to quickly learn tha basics, read Mark Dycozkwski's "Journey in the World of the Tantras", Chapter 4 "The Inner Pilgrimage of the Tantras - Sacred Geography of the Kubjika Tantras with Reference to the Bhairava and Kaula Tantras". He writes very lucidly about these Shakta Pithas, and I am sure much of the above will make sense. The book itself is only available second hand, but there are pdf's easily available.
Thanks for the recommendation brother Obnoxion! I'll first peruse this thread itself through again, I've learnt alot already from your conversations!
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

I was doing my tiny heart center contemplation after the noonday prayer, and was struck with the idea:

Out of the vertical lines of the crosses of Golgotha we have together the outlines of the sacred triangle of the pilgrimage centers. What if the horizontal line of the crosses is the fourth, secret line (the line of Fohatic projection) which crosses from the secret Uddiyana? In that case the place "in the horizon" would be the one impaling all the three heart chambers as one. The horizon of hope & mercy...

The idea needs work, but I think there's a beginning here.
Attachments
cross horizontal uddiyana.jpg
cross horizontal uddiyana.jpg (300.64 KiB) Viewed 5869 times
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Would you believe my meditation just now revolved around the construction of a temple and my mind's eye had be putzing about figuring out various correspondences? To open this thread up immediately after has been a blessing, indeed. I, like Boreas, am treading in unfamiliar territory, but this thread alone has been immensely eye opening. Almost startlingly so.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran