Trinities and their correspondences

Symbols and allegories.
Nefastos

Re: Trinities and their correspondences

Post by Nefastos »

Polyhymnia wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:16 pmtreading in unfamiliar territory

Don't be discouraged because Kashmir Shaivism is such a deep well. I too know only a minor part of that what sod obnoxion has studied, and I'm pretty certain he'd say he also has only scratched the surface. What we need in making sense of such extreme treasury of old occult knowledge, is a sturdy amalgam of pride & humility, to put into use that tiny bit we can grasp.

One of the reasons why my own studies in the splendor of Abhivanagupta advance extremely slowly is because every page I read from him is so immense. It's like my own intuitions & ponderings are given almost perfect shape, so every more page is like a new monument of a bit differently digested familiar doctrines. It makes reading an almost disturbing experience. I really feel like being a pupil of this doctrine much longer, so long that most of my soul is cast out in such form from the beginning. The strange fact that in my early teens I made up for myself a pseudonym that I only now much latter learnt is name of one of the tantric adepts in this path, gives some weight to this intuition. Perhaps some fragment of my being has known such a luminary as a teacher.

Boreas mentioned theosophical master Koot Hoomi, the Kashmir adept who was one of the two behind the theosophical school. This is the person, or rather, entity, I have always followed as my occult authority number one. It has been quite interesting to see how the esoteric vista opens from that abstract (to us) point in Kashmir... an Uddiyana, to the Star of Azazel, in "four peaks".
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Polyhymnia

Re: Trinities and their correspondences

Post by Polyhymnia »

Nefastos wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:40 pm Boreas mentioned theosophical master Koot Hoomi, the Kashmir adept who was one of the two behind the theosophical school. This is the person, or rather, entity, I have always followed as my occult authority number one. It has been quite interesting to see how the esoteric vista opens from that abstract (to us) point in Kashmir... an Uddiyana, to the Star of Azazel, in "four peaks".[/color]
A name I will keep in my notes. Thanks, as always, for the encouragement to keep treading. I had no idea the splendour of the Eastern sphere when I first started on this journey. Its beauty alone fills me with awe, and that isn't even touching on the excitement I have that comes with the discovery of something so sublime. I'm like a child experiencing it all for the first time.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran