Angel of Resurrection

Symbols and allegories.
Nefastos

Angel of Resurrection

Post by Nefastos »

Dear brethren, and dear guests,

I would love to hear you thoughts about the story that is given very similarly in the three of the gospels, plus a bit differently in the latest of them (John), and briefly mentioned in our Hymn to the Lord of the Throne's comments (Fosforos p.194):

Matthew 28:2-6
Mark 16:2-6
Luke 24:2-6
&
John 20:1-12

As most of you know, this is the culmination of the Christian myth: the fully initiated teacher is resurrected in his sepulchral cave by a tremendous force (earthquake, lightning). Two pupils (Mary Magdalene & John the Apostle: the two "whom Jesus loved", and who - seemingly alone - had realized the core of love in his doctrine & been present in the crucifixion) meet one or two angels telling them that the master is gone, instead showing to them the empty place where no corpse lies.

I am most interested in the STONE (moved away from the front of the sepulchre in order for the resurrected one to escape) and the white ANGEL doing the deed. Any gematric or other insights (including similarities from the other resurrection legends) concerning these would give me much.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Nefastos

Re: Angel of Resurrection

Post by Nefastos »

Two pupils (Mary Magdalene & John the Apostle: the two "whom Jesus loved", and who - seemingly alone - had realized the core of love in his doctrine & been present in the crucifixion) meet one or two angels telling them that the master is gone, instead showing to them the empty place where no corpse lies.

Well, alright, since because the very reason of this post is to deepen and not shallow the interpretation, I guess I must cast my tale a bit differently, not to let the spirit of untruth to habit this conversation...

1) To be strict, only the women (or only Mary Magdalene) saw the Messenger(s)
2) Even though John (the disciple of Love) beat Peter in getting to the sepulcher, it demanded the latter's (the disciple of Foundation) to enter the tomb

So, even though I personally love to liken St. John to the women disciples of Jesus, I must reluctantly confess that once again he would not have been able to do much all by himself. Love without Will to give it penetrative ability is not enough.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Luke 24:5 wrote:Why seek ye the living among the dead?
I'm associating the sealed stone to the axis mundi that is obscured by the two poles. The duality builds up as a mess of lower beings and bigger/higher lines are needed to get some clarity to things. In Matthew the angel comes in quaking and then sits on the rock as a sign of the higher powers aligning with the foundation in a straight line.
Infront of the arriving disciplines the angelic powers have "shifted" the conscious foundation to allow them to see clearly, for example, how the sepulchre is no more isolated from the open air, where the sun is rising and waking up all the more obviously living things.

Combining the versions by Matthew and John there is beautiful asymmetry in the image. The vertical angel sits on the stone rolled away from the opening and on the other side the horizontal Peter (whose name itself apparently has it's roots in rock or stone, as Nefastos already implied) entering through the opening. Meaning the vertical line is closer to the right (or left, depending how you imagined it) end of the symmetric pair of the stone and the opening.
And continuing your interpretation, frater Nefastos, John and Mary as the female disciplines, are at their proper place: between the rolled stone and the opening, the jamb; at the heart of it all. This might be seen again as a correcting shift of consciousness.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

I will get to the Gematric part later, but there is a marked sameness or symmetry in the death (Matthew 27: 51 - 56) and ressurection (Matthew 28: 1 - 11). In both cases there are:

- an earthquake
- opening of tombs
- a ressurrection
- the guards are afraid
- wittnesses (ressurected saints/the roman guards) go to the city
- the woman witnesses (in both cases Mary Magdalene and the other Mary)
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.