Your heroes?

Symbols and allegories.
Heith

Your heroes?

Post by Heith »

I am going to make a little wall with framed portraits of the individuals in different parts of history whom I appreciate. I playfully call this my "hero wall" and it's been quite fun thinking who should be on that wall. The idea originally came to me from the film Only Lovers Left Alive by J. Jarmusch. As today is the first day that I've framed a hero as I got the appropriate image, and it's been a lot of fun thinking who should be on the wall, not to mention finding the images, I thought to ask, who would you put on your wall of heroes and why? If you like, post also a image of them.

This exercise has been useful to me, as I so easily despair over the direction the world is going to. So it helps to think that there's been so many fantastic individuals who've done something profound, and then I remember that people are worth loving; at some point, someone will be great again.

My first hero?

Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn!

Vincent van Gogh (who will also be on my wall) wrote, "Rembrandt goes so deep into the mysterious that he says things for which there are no words in any language. It is with justice that they call Rembrandt—magician—that's no easy occupation."

"We should prostrate ourselves before Rembrandt and never compare anyone with him!" -Rodin, after being compared to Rembrandt.
Kenazis

Re: Your heroes?

Post by Kenazis »

Heith wrote:I am going to make a little wall with framed portraits of the individuals in different parts of history whom I appreciate.
This idea have being on and off in my mind since (about) 2008. Never actually executed this, except at the level of thoughts.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

My greatest heros must be the mahasiddhas in general.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Heith

Post by Heith »

Kenazis wrote:
Heith wrote:I am going to make a little wall with framed portraits of the individuals in different parts of history whom I appreciate.
This idea have being on and off in my mind since (about) 2008. Never actually executed this, except at the level of thoughts.
Share those thoughts then! :)
Insanus

Post by Insanus »

Alfred Jarry.
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä
Heith

Post by Heith »

Insanus wrote:Alfred Jarry.
You know, you look a bit like him. : )
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Heith wrote:
You know, you look a bit like him. : )
I was thinkig the same thing last evening.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Insanus

Post by Insanus »

:P

“One can show one's contempt for the cruelty and stupidity of the world by making of one's life a poem of incoherence and absurdity.”
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä
RPSTOVAL

Post by RPSTOVAL »

Yep, he is awesome!
Chief adviser and magister templi at the Golden Apple Corps
RPSTOVAL

Post by RPSTOVAL »

Is this heros in general? or just philosophy? or in art? or what?

I have a bloody lot :lol:
Chief adviser and magister templi at the Golden Apple Corps