Important historical eras to spiritual development / occultism

Symbols and allegories.
User avatar
Benemal
Frater
Posts: 730
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: Important historical eras to spiritual development / occultism

Postby Benemal » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:20 pm

Banally, I watched a video, of foreigners eating salmiakki. Even though I hate myself a little, for "guilty pleasures". I srtarted thinking of alchemy. I'm guessing it was an alchemist that invented it, somewhere in the north, trying mixing sal-ammoniac to licorice. May have been a pharmacist. Sal-Ammoniac (Ammon's salt, or Amon's), was invented in Siwa, in Egypt, about four thousand years ago. I don't remember things in a very exact way. Maybe it was 3500 years ago. It was a sacred substance, made out of camel piss (really). It was purity. We had chain of little corner stores, in Finland, called Siwa. I never believed the public bullshit story, for that name and I think the freemason, who started that chain, had personal reasons. These stores were everywhere, there were over two thousand of them, in a country of five million. When I read about the alchemist oasis, Siwa i felt an almost dizzying sensation of being connected to ancient Egypt. I became completely certain that these little 7-11's were named after it. A very mundane thing became magical (or alchemical) to me and walking past them daily was fun. The next day after the discovery, I naturally wanted to buy salmiakki, from Siwa. Then I went into the woods to pick mushrooms and I opened the box, put some camelpiss-extract in my mouth and a blue scarab flew before me, in that instant. I loved it. The kind kind of story, that if you try to tell your friends, they just look at you, like dog at a gramophone.
User avatar
Insanus
Frater
Posts: 924
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:06 am
Location: Helsinki

Re: Important historical eras to spiritual development / occultism

Postby Insanus » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:43 pm

The late Romantic or Decadent era was the last time people believed in truth. After that the symbolist relationship to truth as a god(dess) disappeared and was replaced with relativism, dada, nihilism, postmodernism and so on, movements which are hostile towards the idea of truth. I believe the next step is going to be the realization that falsehood (creative imagination beyond limit) is more fundamental to everything real than truth. Similarly, I believe the concept of time will be forgotten & replaced with some other, more intuitive way for creating history, understanding relations and writing narratives for our lives. I hope to evoke the romantic spirit to the post-postmodern chaos somehow.
Myrkky sattuu siihen jolla on haava.
obnoxion
Sodalis
Posts: 1766
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 7:59 pm

Re: Important historical eras to spiritual development / occultism

Postby obnoxion » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:01 am

Insanus wrote:dada
I think dadaism is often misunderstood as nihilsm, while it is actually a very courageous form of pacifism, that revealed the violent insanity of rationalism and positivism as ideological Instruments of the World War, and was one of the few voices of sanity in its hayday. That dadaism is still considered to be absurd nonsense, is, I think, because we are still looking at the world from practically the same exclusive angle of over-stressed rationalism and positivisim.

And I must say that no one delivers barbarous names on invocation quite like the dadaist Hugo Ball:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_8Wg40F3yo
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
User avatar
Insanus
Frater
Posts: 924
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:06 am
Location: Helsinki

Re: Important historical eras to spiritual development / occultism

Postby Insanus » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:15 pm

obnoxion wrote:
Insanus wrote:dada
I think dadaism is often misunderstood as nihilsm, while it is actually a very courageous form of pacifism, that revealed the violent insanity of rationalism and positivism as ideological Instruments of the World War, and was one of the few voices of sanity in its hayday. That dadaism is still considered to be absurd nonsense, is, I think, because we are still looking at the world from practically the same exclusive angle of over-stressed rationalism and positivisim.

And I must say that no one delivers barbarous names on invocation quite like the dadaist Hugo Ball:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_8Wg40F3yo
True, yet dada doesn't say anything positive. It denies and criticizes, but doesn't offer a solution, an alternative. "No war" as an alternative to "war" does not count. "No reason" as an alternative to "reason" does not count if there is no positive meaning to the word "no". Only destructive incentives without creative counterparts don't actually destroy anything. Dada has lead to other movements for sure, but I think it's children struggle with the same problem - which of course is the lack of spirit in the void.
Myrkky sattuu siihen jolla on haava.
User avatar
Benemal
Frater
Posts: 730
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: Important historical eras to spiritual development / occultism

Postby Benemal » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:52 pm

Yet it still seems you can get away with putting a pisoar in a gallery, as if it was an important statement. Which it was a hundred years ago. Where's the new ism? Rubbish is taken completely seriously, as if it takes a genius to move it from the bin, into the gallery. The art world is the easiest place to be a hack. People win awards, for art, that might have been relevant and provocative decades ago, but seems to be somehow cool again, like an 80's hairstyle. Maybe it is a new ism. Maybe there is a word for it. Recyclism? Post-creativism? Talentlessism?
obnoxion
Sodalis
Posts: 1766
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 7:59 pm

Re: Important historical eras to spiritual development / occultism

Postby obnoxion » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:05 pm

Insanus wrote: True, yet dada doesn't say anything positive. It denies and criticizes, but doesn't offer a solution, an alternative. "No war" as an alternative to "war" does not count. "No reason" as an alternative to "reason" does not count if there is no positive meaning to the word "no". Only destructive incentives without creative counterparts don't actually destroy anything. Dada has lead to other movements for sure, but I think it's children struggle with the same problem - which of course is the lack of spirit in the void.
That is a very good point. And I do feel strongly that after romanticism and symbolism, somethimg essential has gone missing, although I enjoy much of modern art on a deep level.
Benemal wrote:Yet it still seems you can get away with putting a pisoar in a gallery, as if it was an important statement. Which it was a hundred years ago. Where's the new ism? Rubbish is taken completely seriously, as if it takes a genius to move it from the bin, into the gallery. The art world is the easiest place to be a hack. People win awards, for art, that might have been relevant and provocative decades ago, but seems to be somehow cool again, like an 80's hairstyle. Maybe it is a new ism. Maybe there is a word for it. Recyclism? Post-creativism? Talentlessism?
I find it difficult to understand that art must be provocative. I would rather say that it must first of all be decorative, for in decorativeness is the humility and the soul of all art.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
User avatar
Benemal
Frater
Posts: 730
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: Important historical eras to spiritual development / occultism

Postby Benemal » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:38 pm

Do you think piles of junk are decorative? You literally can't tell, if a janitor forgot it there. This has been tested and people treated it, like an art piece. A piece of junk. Because of the context. Pretentious modern art isn't provocative, or pretty. It's pointless. And on the other hand decoration isn't art in the modern context. Like beautiful mandala's or Hindu illustrations. It's tradition. Nothing to do with stuff, that's in our galleries. For example, I do an expressionistic painting, it's art, and if I do mandala's, it's a different purpose, it's craft, or illustration. Maybe a lot prettier, than the expressionist painting, but not "fine art". Do you know what I mean? These are huge distinctions. Then if I make pictures inspired and influenced by Buddhism, for example, there's areally fine line, whether it belongs in a gallery. With junk there's no line. I didn't make up these rules. They're part of the culture I was born into and especially part of the culture I studied, for ten years. I still had to do it, even though I hate the "art-world".
User avatar
Benemal
Frater
Posts: 730
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: Important historical eras to spiritual development / occultism

Postby Benemal » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:29 pm

A few years ago a pyramid was discovered in Indonesia. Conservatively it's estimated to be 7000 years old, but that's being careful. Some say 22,000 years, which may be too much. Either case, it's was made by a previously unknown civilization. Very little is known yet. International archaeological community managed to ban research on the site for a year and a half, but the geologist who found it went to the Indonesian president, and now work continues. The location is called Gunung Padang.
User avatar
Nefastos
Frater
Posts: 3431
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 10:05 am
Location: Helsinki

Re: Important historical eras to spiritual development / occultism

Postby Nefastos » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:59 am

Benemal wrote:Conservatively it's estimated to be 7000 years old, but that's being careful. Some say 22,000 years, which may be too much. Either case, it's was made by a previously unknown civilization.


Blavatsky's "eighteen million years of humanity" has always been ridiculed, but it is easy for me to believe that our prehistory is much deeper than our brief recorded history. And since the linear development of time instead of cyclical is a modern curiosity, I wouldn't blink for pyramids with even more zeroes in their zigguraths.

And speaking of spiritually important eras, it wouldn't be impossible to see our whole recorded history as an unimportant cecum at some later, more enlightened age. Especially when so little except plastic islands will remain from our monolithic glory. Our civilization is extremely fragile even while it is penetratingly dangerous.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
User avatar
Benemal
Frater
Posts: 730
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: Important historical eras to spiritual development / occultism

Postby Benemal » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:42 pm

Mainstream science now estimates, that homo sapiens hs been on earth, for 300,000 years, which is double what was believed just a few years ago. What is called the "great leap forward" happened fifty thousand years ago. This is when genius hybrids of sapiens and neanderthalensis, invented art, architecture, proper clothing, jewelry & decoration and of coure better weapons and methods for hunting. Now if things happened that fast, then it wouldn't be really surprising, if they started bulding monumental architecture, tens of thousands of years before ancient Sumer. This isn't new age. Mainstream is finding slowly, that history is far deeper, than they knew. The "humans", that lived millions of years ago, had too small brains, for these developments, but of course there's probably species, that haven't been discovered and perhaps some, that can't be, because nothing's left. A few years ago, they found a new race in southern China, that was still living on earth 11,000 years ago. Now there's a theory, that the Chinese aren't homo sapiens, and also some theories, that are nearing collective evolution, meaning humans developed on different continents, at the same time. That would be exciting, because it was my theory, when I was younger.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests