The Judeo-Christian Light Bringers, or; the aliases of God and Satan

Symbols and allegories.
Jiva

The Judeo-Christian Light Bringers, or; the aliases of God and Satan

Post by Jiva »

I was recently thinking about the concept of the Judeo-Christian light bringers and their dualistic nature. Two interpretations got stuck in my head and I realised they mirrored each other in some ways.

The first is god (“let there be light”): one could see a differentiation between Elohim (the third word of Genesis) as the light bringer and Yahweh as the demiurge (first mentioned in Genesis 2:4 when he creates the earth and heavens). In this context Elohim has sometimes been interpreted as Binah and Yahweh as Chokhmah, and accordingly also as Ayin Soph and Ohr Ayin Soph respectively.

The second is Lucifer: one could see a differentiation between Lucifer as the light bringer and Satan as the demiurge. This interpretation is basically taken from René Guénon who uses these names to describe the sometimes antagonistic relationship between the priestly (Brahmin) and warrior (Kshatriya) castes and their respective spiritual authority (knowledge) and temporal power (action). In regards to the Kshatriya’s passing temporal knowledge off as the genuine tradition Guénon states: “This attitude of the rebel Kshatriyas could be characterized quite exactly by the designation 'Luciferianism', which must not be confused with 'Satanism', although there is doubtless a certain connection between the two: 'Luciferianism' is the refusal to recognize a superior authority whereas 'Satanism' is the reversal of normal relationships and of the hierarchical order, the latter being often a consequence of the former, just as after his fall Lucifer became Satan.”

Basically, this is something like the establishment of a Platonic framework and then its reversal. Not that I necessarily favour this perspective, I just thought it might be interesting and provoke some thoughts regarding the light bringers.
'Oh Krishna, restless and overpowering, this mind is overwhelmingly strong; I think we might as easily gain control over the wind as over this.'