Archetypes & Lodges

Symbols and allegories.
Nefastos

Archetypes & Lodges

Post by Nefastos »

When doing "horizontal", geochakric work in the brotherhood - the work concerned of geographical places & different forms of activity in them - it has been interesting to note how strongly these different lodges in different cities have built up different kinds of aspectual energy. In a center that is awakened, there always works the one & the same kind of power, even if people do not consciously try to make it so.

These energies which are on the other hand archetypical & on the other hand personal, because of that also have grown into what might be called temperament archetypes. Disposition of Finnish lodges seems to go much like this:

Lodge Lucifer. Aspect White. Temperament of service, Diplomatic. Magical archetype, "A Wizard."
Lodge Nebucadnezzar. Aspect Black. Temperament of service, Devotional. Magical archetype, "A Shaman."
Lodge Mangala. Aspect Red. Temperament of service, Martial. Magical archetype, "A Smith."
Lodge Leontocephalus. Aspect Chalice. Temperament of service, Artistic. Magical archetype, "A Seer."

By "Wizard" I mean the one who uses power of intellectual patterns to achieve magical results. By "Shaman" I mean the one who uses his or her connection to inner & outer nature to do the same; like a priest or a priestess, but without written dogma. By "Smith" I mean the one like Hefaistos or Ilmarinen, who make magical work by means of patience & spiritual workmanship. By "Seer" I mean the office not unlike druids, who seemed to have equal footing in natural/devotional & intellectual/controlling types of magical philosophy.

When our members in other countries will start founding lodges, it will be extremely interesting to see how well those will play together with the ones that are physically located in Finland (& also, will the new lodges be centers for the aspects of Color or of Form).

One thing that is clear at least for me - others have all the rights to deny or remain skeptical - is that men are not alone to form & tend these centers, these energies, & the changes they bring to both workers themselves & to any surrounding cultural atmosphere. Spirits & divinities of places & ideas are just as important members of any occult brotherhood than are their human co-workers.

In this thread, there are many possibilities for discussion. The thing I wanted to point out here is, that not only there are places with energies natural to them (like chakras in human body), but how these natural energies are emphasized, different temperaments spring forth as highly-tuned (or tunable) instruments. Understanding this, all need for one dogmatic truth dies. Nor it is so that "everything goes", because the need of harmony both inside & outside from the centers is vital.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
obnoxion

Re: Archetypes & Lodges

Post by obnoxion »

Nefastos wrote:Lodge Nebucadnezzar. Aspect Black. Temperament of service, Devotional. Magical archetype, "A Shaman."
Nefastos wrote:By "Wizard" I mean the one who uses power of intellectual patterns to achieve magical results. By "Shaman" I mean the one who uses his or her connection to inner & outer nature to do the same; like a priest or a priestess, but without written dogma.
These are absolutely accurate descriptions for our Lodge Nebukadnezzar.
Nefastos wrote:One thing that is clear at least for me - others have all the rights to deny or remain skeptical - is that men are not alone to form & tend these centers, these energies, & the changes they bring to both workers themselves & to any surrounding cultural atmosphere. Spirits & divinities of places & ideas are just as important members of any occult brotherhood than are their human co-workers.
I agree. And more advanced and regular the work of a Lodge becomes, the more clear, I believe, this thing will become to its members as a whole.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.