Jesus & antinomian symbolism

Symbols and allegories.
obnoxion

Re: Jesus & antinomian symbolism

Post by obnoxion »

Excellent points, Kaosoth! Your qabalistic interpretations were very valuable.
Kaosoth wrote:Hidden in Christos, is the Serpent , crawling up the tree of knowledge. the value for the word Nechesh (the serpent) is the same as for the word 'Messiah' 358. The story, where Mose praises the serpent on the rod, implies this. But why the number 276 should refer to Satan, Beelzebuth or other evil representations, i can't see.
The 358 as the number of Serpent and Messiah (and also the Sephiroth of the Left Pillar -> 3 - Binah: 5 - Gevurh: 8 - Hod) is based on the Hebrew gematria. The Greek gematric permutations make up their own system of correspondences, and we need to consider its uniquenees when comparingt it to other such systems.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Nox

Post by Nox »

One example which came to my mind about this topic is the actual ahimsa-principle (principle of non-violence) which Jesus did practice and how revolutionary that was at that time (and I believe still is). At that time violence and cutting obstacles with sword was heroic; it was natural and honorable manly ideal to be ready to destroy; defend your pride and rules in which you believe. But Jesus completely rejected that course of things, instead sacrificed himself completely by absolute leap of faith.

Within context of that time men did sacrifices for their sins and therefore the permission to sin was forever staying in their hearts. It is like a karmic loan, with always higher, although not often very clearly seen fees running. But Jesus did show quite dramatic and universally direct path by suggesting that all sins lie within man himself and the gift of sacrifice must be reversed - or should I say, performed in it's totality by giving up the only thing man has: the self and attachment to that illusion.

And it seems, as humanity progresses very slowly and the very same justifications are used and those karmic loans are still taken in our daily minds all the time, that these teachings and examples can actually turn our to be very sinister and "hardcore" tantric approaches when attempted to practice in life for real.
Sebomai

Post by Sebomai »

I find Fra. Nefastos's reference to possibly more in intimate relations between Christ and St. John than are typically permitted to be thought of in orthodox Christianity to be very intriguing, and I intend to look into it further. I'd also like to put forward a vague thought for others to comment on. Is there any kind of symbolism in the fact that, at the Crucifixion, other than John, none of the male Apostles were present? It was only the women? And then Mary Magdalene was chosen to be the first to meet him? Does that, to anyone symbolically accord with "intercourse" with women? I'd love to hear what others had to say and this entire conversation has been extremely fascinating to me.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Alocer wrote:Is there any kind of symbolism in the fact that, at the Crucifixion, other than John, none of the male Apostles were present? It was only the women?

Women at large (in several places) and three women specifically are mentioned in the story of crucifixion. Furthermore, it is interesting to see how the "third Maria" is presented differently in the gospels:

John says she's Mary the wife of Cleophas
Mark says she's Salome
Matthew says she's "mother of Zebedees children"

There are also three men mentioned to have something to do with the Jesus' crucifixion (besides those responsible for the execution): Simon Cyrenian, who carried the cross; Joseph Arimathaean, who gave his tomb; and John, who received Jesus' Mother (!).

As a mystery story, this of course has many different levels of interpretation. One might be seen here:

All the women, who are Jesus' "shaktis" (conscious powers), are present: they attend to the drama, go through it, and their secret guidance will hold the initiate's thoughts even as his outer temple will be the one of the devil. (Of St. Peter's role as "anti-Christ" inverting all of Christ's teachings I've written in the Gospel of Saturn & in Fosforos.)

Of men:
Joseph's tomb is the receptacle for the BODY of Christ (Black),
Simon's cross is the intermediating principle for the SOUL of Christ (Red),
John's care of his Mother is the actively surviving part for the SPIRIT of Christ (White).

(From a cabbalist I'd like to hear the meanings for the names for Joseph of Cyrene & Simon of Arimathaea!)

This is the way how it will happen in any person's death: Only that part which is joined to the higher triad i.e. Spirit will survive, other parts of one's personality will be disintegrated & destroyed between incarnations. Only that disciple who had the feminine part in him (the well-spring of Jesus, so to say) & who took care of her, was able to carry on his teacher's word & work.

I digress slightly, but it's also interesting to see how the initiate's supposed followers become indifferent to him & vice versa at the time of his death, which is the time of World Inverted: disciples (other than John & women) flee & renounce their master, but both Pilate and centurion Longinus announce him as the Son of God.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"