Your Ideology: A Goth or a Vampire?

Convictions, morals, other societies and religions.
Nefastos

Your Ideology: A Goth or a Vampire?

Post by Nefastos »

Our dear forum has been pretty serious lately. Well, the astral atmosphere is so gloomy that it's no wonder. Here's a little less devout ideological question to ponder for our tired readers.
South Park episode 181 wrote:Fellow students. Over the past week there's been a lot of confusion, and so we have asked for this assembly to clarify the difference between Goth kids and Vampire kids. Let us make it abundantly clear: if you hate life, truly hate the sun, and need to smoke and drink coffee, you are Goth. If, however, you like dressing in black 'cause it's "fun", enjoy putting sparkles on your cheeks and following the occult while avoiding things that are bad for your health, then you are most likely a douchebag vampire wannabe boner.

For me, this is a very hard question, since I score equally from both sides: 1+½+½+1=3/4=75% Goth and ½+½+1+1=3/4=75% vampire wannabe boner.

Of course, this is well in line with our decagram model of "the attempt to spiritually unite forms of esotericism."
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Benemal

Re: Your Ideology: A Goth or a Vampire?

Post by Benemal »

Sort of like the difference between the two greatest vampire films of the 80's; Near Dark and Lost Boys (both '87).

Sunhater loves ND and boner loves LB.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

My calculations comes to:
½+½+0+0=25% goth
1+½+1+1=87,5% douchebag vampire wannabe boner

I’ve been inspecting the douchebaggery of myself in regards of certain kind of strictness and thus recognized myself from the litany almost instantly.

I am left wondering which one is more diabolical? The latter is sort of light natured yet it has a strictness that could possibly destroy worlds. The former on the other hand seems to be just hanging out amidst the destruction of a world in a compliant manner, should I say?
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Smaragd wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:25 pmI am left wondering which one is more diabolical?

Everyone is someone's nemesis, I think.

The most dangerous nemesis quality comes back to a certain skinniness however, like Julius Caesar knew. So, which ones are skinnier inside? Nowadays I'd put my bet to the sparkling vampire types, since the culture has become so enamored by cynicism, that the unicorn vampire people are necessarily cultivating some real anger behind their sparkles.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Nefastos wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:31 am The most dangerous nemesis quality comes back to a certain skinniness however, like Julius Caesar knew.
Was Caesar speaking of himself? His greed for gold destroyed the Celtic civilization, so I guess he was "skinny on the inside". I suppose real life vampires, like Countess Bathory, were also fattening up their skinny, and constantly diminishing insides. I don't know if that's what you meant, but now this topic is not perky and sparkly anymore. I'll bring it back to unicorns, and a character I made up, a unicorn with a dick on his forehead, instead of a horn, a poserboner extraordinaire. He could encounter some virgin vamps, and sodomize them. ;)
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Benemal wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:56 pmWas Caesar speaking of himself?

The exact quote is usually translated as: "It is not these well-fed long-haired men that I fear, but the pale and the hungry-looking."

I think one can reasily understand his reference, and how that was important for a Roman emperor, regardless of how good man he was or wasn't. Come to think of it, such a mindset would perhaps serve some modern leaders as well: one should keep people happy, "well-fed", if only out of his own interest. When the later Roman emperors started quoting Euronymous (oderint dum metuant – Caligula), things went even more downhill very fast.

Benemal wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:56 pmI'll bring it back to unicorns, and a character I made up, a unicorn with a dick on his forehead, instead of a horn, a poserboner extraordinaire. He could encounter some virgin vamps, and sodomize them. ;)

I too have been listening to some old Cradle of Filth lately...

Isn't that 'corn of the unicorn always his, ah, energetic phallus? This was also (one octave of) the idea of the "loneliness" of the Cartazon pratyeka.
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Nefastos wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:50 pm The exact quote is usually translated as: "It is not these well-fed long-haired men that I fear, but the pale and the hungry-looking."
Fear the people who have nothing to lose. Still valid, in these Roman heritage empires, Europe and USA, that we inhabit.

The Celts were more wealthy and civilized, than Rome, thus the antipathy and anti-Celt propaganda. That propaganda is still often spoken as actual history.
Nefastos wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:50 pm Isn't that 'corn of the unicorn always his, ah, energetic phallus?
Now I just got another idea. I know you know about witches "flying on broomsticks". How about stick horse girls "riding unicorns". Hah. I know that's a little oldy pervy, but fun must be had.
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Nefastos wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:50 pm Isn't that 'corn of the unicorn always his, ah, energetic phallus? This was also (one octave of) the idea of the "loneliness" of the Cartazon pratyeka
Another subtle message, perhaps? I see them, but I usually have no reply. I've never stopped being pratyeka (I don't know what Cartazon is).
Kavi

Post by Kavi »

Nefastos wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:50 pm
Benemal wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:56 pmWas Caesar speaking of himself?

The exact quote is usually translated as: "It is not these well-fed long-haired men that I fear, but the pale and the hungry-looking."

I think one can reasily understand his reference, and how that was important for a Roman emperor, regardless of how good man he was or wasn't. Come to think of it, such a mindset would perhaps serve some modern leaders as well: one should keep people happy, "well-fed", if only out of his own interest. When the later Roman emperors started quoting Euronymous (oderint dum metuant – Caligula), things went even more downhill very fast.
I guess it's no wonder why Niccolo Macchiavelli proposed in The Prince that ruler must have ability to be cunning like a fox and lion, we know what that means I guess.
Ability to hide information and reveal others' (not necessarily real information) to my mind is mentioned here too.
Less they hate you and more they fear, the better. But when this all is revealed to the public, all the scheming done behind the throne will backfire.
Interpreting in this context, using hope of being able to become well-fed and giving the famous circus and bread one could use it also as a diversion.
Just maybe I didn't recall it correctly and this doesn't belong to here except if one can think about it through vampirism also through unethical acts done in cover, but I don't know all the mythology and stories in order to give any interpretation.
Kavi

Post by Kavi »

Kavi wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:37 pm I guess it's no wonder why Niccolo Macchiavelli proposed in The Prince that ruler must have ability to be cunning like a fox and lion, we know what that means I guess.
Ability to hide information and reveal others' (not necessarily real information) to my mind is mentioned here too.
Less they hate you and more they fear, the better. But when this all is revealed to the public, all the scheming done behind the throne will backfire.
Interpreting in this context, using hope of being able to become well-fed and giving the famous circus and bread one could use it also as a diversion.
Just maybe I didn't recall it correctly and this doesn't belong to here except if one can think about it through vampirism also through unethical acts done in cover, but I don't know all the mythology and stories in order to give any interpretation.
Time-limit to edit ended.. I just wanted to add context, that this was generally speaking and not any kind of criticism of contemporary world.

What I find more fascinating/depressing from point of view of occultism is that in many of these texts there is always the narrative that the person like Caesar should somehow inhabit many beasts inside one. Idea of man containing many spirits within and applying this in axiom of microcosm makes sense, but it's really tricky thing.
I guess even in Leviathan one has this concept, one uses or becomes the demon in order to bind the beast of men.