Ufology and Ancient Aliens

Convictions, morals, other societies and religions.
Angolmois

Ufology and Ancient Aliens

Post by Angolmois »

From the start I have to say that this topic reeks of "icy new age occultism", and I have always considered ufology as a modern demonology. Fra Sothoth was visiting me last weekend and we entertained ourselves in the night by watching a couple episodes of the so called Ancient Aliens program. According to the show literally everything happening on earth and especially all ancient mythologies, civilizations and religions can be explained via aliens. And of course the nazis were integral in channeling and being in contact with them.

But the question is not that far from theosophy either, since the likes of Ervast and Bailey, for example, proposed that the great white brotherhood and the "sons of the mind" came from Venus in ancient days to teach budding mankind.

Before Sothoth's visit and our watching the show I saw a dream about UFO's, who visited the earth during the first world war. They came from the sky and looked down upon earthlings, and when they saw mankind at war with each other they soon left, because we were still in a primitive stage according to my interpretation of them.

What do you think about this line of thought, and can the theosophical aliens be best described as spiritual beings and not as physical aliens like in the modern mythology?
Polyhymnia

Re: Ufology and Ancient Aliens

Post by Polyhymnia »

Boreas wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:18 pm
But the question is not that far from theosophy either, since the likes of Ervast and Bailey, for example, proposed that the great white brotherhood and the "sons of the mind" came from Venus in ancient days to teach budding mankind.
Could you recommend some reading in regard to this? This type of discussion is very exciting to me, but I'm afraid I have no knowledge to share in the discussion. Ancient Aliens is a huge guilty pleasure, though.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

To use, for once, the laconic style of some of our guests:
Boreas wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:18 pmWhat do you think about this line of thought, and can the theosophical aliens be best described as spiritual beings and not as physical aliens like in the modern mythology?

Yes.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Soror O

Post by Soror O »

Boreas wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:18 pm What do you think about this line of thought, and can the theosophical aliens be best described as spiritual beings and not as physical aliens like in the modern mythology?
It's odd that majority(?) of people seem to assume aliens to have such rigid and coarse body such as the physical body (antropocentrism). I regard the Watchers from the Book of Enoch to be aliens. As they were, to the humans back then.

Edit/
If you want to reborn, let yourself die.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:07 pm To use, for once, the laconic style of some of our guests:
Boreas wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:18 pmWhat do you think about this line of thought, and can the theosophical aliens be best described as spiritual beings and not as physical aliens like in the modern mythology?

Yes.
:-)
Polyhymnia wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:53 pm
Boreas wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:18 pm
Could you recommend some reading in regard to this? This type of discussion is very exciting to me, but I'm afraid I have no knowledge to share in the discussion. Ancient Aliens is a huge guilty pleasure, though.
I can't really pin-point any specific text. Bailey discusses the matter here and there.
Ave wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:52 pm
Boreas wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:18 pm What do you think about this line of thought, and can the theosophical aliens be best described as spiritual beings and not as physical aliens like in the modern mythology?
It's odd that majority(?) of people seem to assume aliens to have such rigid and coarse body such as the physical body (antropocentrism). I regard the Watchers from the Book of Enoch to be aliens. As they were, to the humans back then.

Edit/
It seems that the scientific consensus in the field of astronomy, astro-biology etc. can't even think about life existing in any other form than what is found in our own planetary system and biosphere. This is one of the limitations of modern science. I personally believe there are extra-terrestrials both in the physical and spiritual sense but I make no claims whether they have visited earth. Considering the immensity of the universe it would be very unlikely there would not exist aliens in both sense, and I believe the whole cosmos, including our solar system, being full of conscious life in many forms.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Boreas wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:23 am
Polyhymnia wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:53 pm
Boreas wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:18 pm But the question is not that far from theosophy either, since the likes of Ervast and Bailey, for example, proposed that the great white brotherhood and the "sons of the mind" came from Venus in ancient days to teach budding mankind.

I can't really pin-point any specific text. Bailey discusses the matter here and there.

The origin of these theosophical teachings is in The Secret Doctrine. The idea of the original brotherhood being older than humanity is given in this extremely deep book in such a way that the later theosophists' easy commentaries usually seem flat and badly beside the point. Blavatsky discusses the subject of extraterrestrial agency e.g. in her commentary of the Book of Dzyan's Anthropogenesis 1:2:

The Secret Doctrine II wrote:2. Said the Earth, “Lord of the Shining Face (the Sun) my house is empty. . . . Send thy sons to people this wheel (Earth). Thou hast sent thy seven sons to the Lord of Wisdom (a). Seven times doth He see thee nearer to Himself; seven times more doth He feel thee. Thou hast forbidden Thy servants, the small rings, to catch Thy light and heat, Thy great Bounty to intercept on its passage (b). Send now to Thy servant the same!” (c). (p.27)
The Secret Doctrine II wrote:“Every world has its parent star and sister planet. Thus Earth is the adopted child and younger brother of Venus, but its inhabitants are of their own kind. . . . All sentient complete beings (full septenary men or higher beings) are furnished, in their beginnings, with forms and organisms in full harmony with the nature and state of the sphere they inhabit.” Footnote: This is a flat contradiction of Swedenborg, who saw, in “the first Earth of the astral world,” inhabitants dressed as are the peasants in Europe; and on the Fourth Earth women clad as are the shepherdesses in a bal masque. (p.33)
& cetera.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Thanks for pointing that out, Nefastos!

Although not that big fan of Baileyan "Christianised neo-theosophy" (sic!), I could however still recommend Esoteric Astrology, which in my opinion is one of the best treatises by her, at least from the ones that I have read with thought.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Nefastos wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:29 am

The origin of these theosophical teachings is in The Secret Doctrine. The idea of the original brotherhood being older than humanity is given in this extremely deep book in such a way that the later theosophists' easy commentaries usually seem flat and badly beside the point. Blavatsky discusses the subject of extraterrestrial agency e.g. in her commentary of the Book of Dzyan's Anthropogenesis 1:2:

The Secret Doctrine II wrote:2. Said the Earth, “Lord of the Shining Face (the Sun) my house is empty. . . . Send thy sons to people this wheel (Earth). Thou hast sent thy seven sons to the Lord of Wisdom (a). Seven times doth He see thee nearer to Himself; seven times more doth He feel thee. Thou hast forbidden Thy servants, the small rings, to catch Thy light and heat, Thy great Bounty to intercept on its passage (b). Send now to Thy servant the same!” (c). (p.27)
The Secret Doctrine II wrote:“Every world has its parent star and sister planet. Thus Earth is the adopted child and younger brother of Venus, but its inhabitants are of their own kind. . . . All sentient complete beings (full septenary men or higher beings) are furnished, in their beginnings, with forms and organisms in full harmony with the nature and state of the sphere they inhabit.” Footnote: This is a flat contradiction of Swedenborg, who saw, in “the first Earth of the astral world,” inhabitants dressed as are the peasants in Europe; and on the Fourth Earth women clad as are the shepherdesses in a bal masque. (p.33)
& cetera.
Ah, thank you!
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran