Dragon Rouge

Convictions, morals, other societies and religions.
Nefastos

Re: Dragon Rouge

Post by Nefastos »

Thank you for your kind words, brothers. That is very good to hear.

Coming back to Dragon Rouge, I am not extremely familiar with its practices, but one of its publications (a collection of articles on the Left Hand Path by lodge Magan, back then a part of DR) was for me a pleasant surprise for similarity between the system I was building and the already existing forms of the LHP esotericism. This was perhaps eighteen years ago or so? I cannot check the facts since I've since donated the book to the brotherhood library, but I remember there were some close to striking similarities. The best thing was the lack of cruelty (downward path idealism) in that Magan–DR approach.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
obnoxion

Re: Dragon Rouge

Post by obnoxion »

Nefastos wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:43 pm Coming back to Dragon Rouge, I am not extremely familiar with its practices, but one of its publications (a collection of articles on the Left Hand Path by lodge Magan, back then a part of DR) was for me a pleasant surprise for similarity between the system I was building and the already existing forms of the LHP esotericism. This was perhaps eighteen years ago or so? I cannot check the facts since I've since donated the book to the brotherhood library, but I remember there were some close to striking similarities. The best thing was the lack of cruelty (downward path idealism) in that Magan–DR approach.
As far as I know, you've got pretty accurate impression. And as could be judged by their public material alone, I'd say DR has a more risky relationship to astral workings than SoA, and this puts much responsibility on the individual member. So at least theoretically, there is a greater danger for a novice to get into a harmful situation with his or her workings. But as I mentioned before, every member I met seemed well equipped to handle such risks. And it is only to be expected that when one gets involved in the exclusively left handed order, there are risks involved. It is not for everybody.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.