The issue with a religion of the Devil

Convictions, morals, other societies and religions.
Kavi

Re: The issue with a religion of the Devil

Post by Kavi »

Jiva wrote: I have a frustratingly limited understanding of Islamic esotericism, but I bought this book based on obnoxion’s article. And yes, on its own, it does present a huge amount of opinions (or, perhaps, selected quotes) regarding Iblis, that are fascinating in their diversity.
Well I have very limited understanding too, but based on poetry and arts in generally I have gained some kind of knowledge or a hint which books per se couldn't give to me. Nevertheless, I am not an expert on this field. :)

I have read very little about Kabbalah and even less about Qliphot, but what I have read seems to be like Insanus writes here. It's not a plain antithesis of Sephirot, to my understanding.
LoopGodel

Post by LoopGodel »

Thanks everyone who contributed to this very interesting conversation. While reading it, Jung's "Answer to Job" came to mind & the concept of God evolving. I also thought of the Zoroastrian teaching, which as far as I understand it, sees "darkness", "evil" etc - as intrinsic to the process of the material multiverse emerging into reality.

I find the Judaic conception of "evil" to be much more mature and pragmatic than the deeply dualistic Christian doctrine about God and Satan being locked in a battle for souls. The great Gnostic researcher, Elaine Pagels, has written a book on the emergence of Satan, which would be worth looking at for those who are interested.

Regarding the original topic about a specific religion of the Devil, the thing I am drawn to most about the Star of Azazel community & teachings is that it seeks to articulate and illuminate a path towards union between Light & Dark, from within - "as within, so without".

As others have commented, there is much within mainstream Satanism that seems rather juvenile - a reactionary brand of anti-Christianity, rather than a mature path of self-development in it's own right. For some, that might be an important first step, but reacting and rebelling can only take one up to a point on the Path.

For me, the Star of Azazel stands quite differentiated from the vast majority of what I have read & heard about Satanism. I am very glad to have found such a respectful & intelligent community, as well as provocative and insightful texts such as Fosforos. As the saying goes, "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread". Based on my experiences so far, I believe the SoA offers invaluable & wise support for those travelling the Path of Night.

Thanks,

LoopGodel.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

I found this page in relation to the Qlipoth which I found to be a very interesting and in depth read.

https://theomagica.com/on-the-nature-of-the-qlippoth

I have limited knowledge myself of the Qlipoth and was surprised to see it was an invention of 20th century Western Occultism.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran