TOTBL/MLO

Convictions, morals, other societies and religions.
Seeker666

Re: TOTBL/MLO

Post by Seeker666 »

vajrasramana wrote:I was very interested on TOBL/MLO few years back and I read their publications still, but what bugs me is that their aim is somewhat opposite than the Star of Azazel. While SoA aims for the uniting the paths etc. ToBL openly promotes violent activities against "others" and sees themselves as "the only ones that are right". To me this seems like an extreme answer to christianity (and other "Right" paths) a la "You follow only White God and you think you are only ones that knows, so we follow only Black Anti-God and no-one knows the truth, but us." ...still I think they got some very good and interesting points and theories.

VERY much agreed. for a tradition centered around supposedly dissolving the "clay-born ego" they sure are elitist!

I never liked traditions that claimed to be the "one true path" because that is bullshit. there are many paths to the divine... I still like some of the points they make however... and their mythology/lore is inspiring.
"Eritis sicut Deus, Scientes Bonum et Malum"- Mephistopheles
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Seeker666 wrote:
vajrasramana wrote:I was very interested on TOBL/MLO few years back and I read their publications still, but what bugs me is that their aim is somewhat opposite than the Star of Azazel. While SoA aims for the uniting the paths etc. ToBL openly promotes violent activities against "others" and sees themselves as "the only ones that are right". To me this seems like an extreme answer to christianity (and other "Right" paths) a la "You follow only White God and you think you are only ones that knows, so we follow only Black Anti-God and no-one knows the truth, but us." ...still I think they got some very good and interesting points and theories.

VERY much agreed. for a tradition centered around supposedly dissolving the "clay-born ego" they sure are elitist!

I never liked traditions that claimed to be the "one true path" because that is bullshit. there are many paths to the divine... I still like some of the points they make however... and their mythology/lore is inspiring.
Yeah, Inspiring is the right word. ToBL is very inspiring for me, even I don't agree with many of their points and could not see myself going that way anymore.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
Heith

Post by Heith »

Seeker666 wrote: very interesting! thank you for your reply! I did not know they treated their animals with respect.... in the Liber Azerate they call them "victims" it sounded more like a hollywood thing than an actual spiritual tradition.
but I'm glad they treat the animals with respect and care.
I think it's rather questionable to take this to mean that they actually do treat the animals with "care and respect". What does that even mean? It's mentioned on a piece of paper somewhere. It does not make it so.

I am extremely suspicious about this sort of thing. I think it is fundamentally so wrong that I have nothing but utter contempt to societies and persons that suggest that such a lowly act would be required, desirable or somehow ok. And for some reason I do not believe that TOTBL (or any society that would promote this sort of stunts) are people who grow their own food, and are able to give those animals a decent (stress-free, painless and quick) ending when the time for that comes. I suspect the animals they would pick for this sort of "ritual" wouldn't even be something they would eat.
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

bit an offtopic, but about religious animal sacrifice that some authors keep in high respect...I think that when you think killing animals is some holy act of sacrifice to God or Satan or whatever, you quite don't grasp what spirituality, sacrifice or magical powers really are about.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
Seeker666

Post by Seeker666 »

vajrasramana wrote:bit an offtopic, but about religious animal sacrifice that some authors keep in high respect...I think that when you think killing animals is some holy act of sacrifice to God or Satan or whatever, you quite don't grasp what spirituality, sacrifice or magical powers really are about.
it's on topic. and I agree with that. :)
Heith

Post by Heith »

Sorry about my rant, guys. My temperament gets on the way of coherent statements sometimes. Ahem! :oops:

Animals have been such great helpers and healers to me in my life that I have extremely high respect towards them and am extremely touchy about this kind of subjects. It's typical human arrogance to place others as his/her servant, or as something to be used for one's own selfish or greedy means. Despicable!

I whole-heartedly agree with this statement, well said:
vajrasramana wrote:bit an offtopic, but about religious animal sacrifice that some authors keep in high respect...I think that when you think killing animals is some holy act of sacrifice to God or Satan or whatever, you quite don't grasp what spirituality, sacrifice or magical powers really are about.
Seeker666

Post by Seeker666 »

I do believe blood is the key to the gates of Qlippoth. But not the blood of some other creature.
The kingdom of qlippoth is within you. Your blood is its key. An always remember there is as much power in a single drop spilled In reverence as there is in gallons spilled in ego.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Seeker666 wrote:I do believe blood is the key to the gates of Qlippoth. But not the blood of some other creature. The kingdom of qlippoth is within you. Your blood is its key.

I agree. Also, to work with the qlippoth/goetic spirits can be done with that blood whether it has been let out or not, if we do not demand outer manifestations of the said entities.

This reminded me what brother Obnoxion said here:

If you feel like going to a cemetery, fine, but this is not necessary. A cemetery is a place where corpses and frightening and repulsive things are found. Milarepa said that we permanently have a corpse at our disposal, it is our body! There is even another cemetery, the greatest of all cemeteries, it is the place where all our thoughts and emotions come to die.

- Kalu Rinpoche: "Secret Buddhism:Vajrajana practices" -

Our bodily substances truly are ritual instruments, to be handled with the greatest respect, care & feelings of sacredness, if we just behold them so.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Heith

Post by Heith »

Seeker666 wrote:I do believe blood is the key to the gates of Qlippoth. But not the blood of some other creature.
The kingdom of qlippoth is within you. Your blood is its key. An always remember there is as much power in a single drop spilled In reverence as there is in gallons spilled in ego.
Coming from a Runic perspective, I would agree with this. I stain my own Runes with my own blood- it would seem pointless to use anyone else's, because then I would work with their energy field and not my own.

Of Qlippoth I've no experience, but I guess there's certain "red threads" that run through various traditions and styles.
Nefastos wrote:
I agree. Also, to work with the qlippoth/goetic spirits can be done with that blood whether it has been let out or not, if we do not demand outer manifestations of the said entities.
Also something that I would agree with, as a Runic worker.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Our great Finnish occultist Pekka Ervast (1875-1934) wrote in one his letters:

"In the practical yoga we must understand that the actual kâma rupa i.e. the desire body is in one's blood, and is not a body in the formal sense of the word. In the formal sense there is no other body than the said etheric body [linga sharîra], although we must also speak of other kinds of vehicles." (Epistle 12)
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"