The Most Questionable Occult Authorities

Convictions, morals, other societies and religions.
obnoxion

Re: The Most Questionable Occult Authorities

Post by obnoxion »

Boreas wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:57 pm From the Finnish occultists I have to say: Pekka Siitoin. There are even people who take his so called philosophy seriously. It is full of half-truths mixed with all kinds of seriously flawed views.
There was a story about Siitoin in Helsingin Sanomat very recently, and it really confirms that much of the bleakness that he came to embody begun with intense attention-seeking gone amok. And with the five year prison sentence, he got a life sentence to his role as the outlandish satanic nazi that became a tragedy for his loved ones. I think what ever serious authority he had must have ceased in the 70''s. I saw a friend's video of him and four of his supporters having a rally in central Naantali in full nazi costumes, and no one was interested. Then somebody started to egg them. You basically have to be drunk every day to go through a life like that.

EDIT: Added the cursived word "serious" to clarify my point.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

obnoxion wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:10 amI think what ever authority he had must hsve ceased in the 70''s.
I heartily disagree. Many Black metallers seem to take at least some inspiration from him, and even as his collective apparent influence is weak, he can still ruin lifes if taken even with some seriousness. And I think his influence still goes on in the underground noosphere. The fact that he was a clown doesn't make him any less dangerous.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Boreas wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:18 am
obnoxion wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:10 amI think what ever authority he had must hsve ceased in the 70''s.
I heartily disagree. Many Black metallers seem to take at least some inspiration from him, and even as his collective apparent influence is weak, he can still ruin lifes if taken even with some seriousness. And I think his influence still goes on in the underground noosphere. The fact that he was a clown doesn't make him any less dangerous.
What does the black metal scene and the movie Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom have in common? - "Anything goes!".

The BM scene has reminded me of the musical comedy "Springtime for Hitler" for over a decade, so I am not in the least bit surprised by this. And when it comes to Siitoin's occult instructions, I suppose there are always those who are actuallly going to ceremonially kill cats and sleep with the cat's bones under their beds. But in today's world, such thing is more likely an aesthetic choice than a stoopid man's honest mistake. So I woudn't worry about what they are doing and saying in the BM scene.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

obnoxion wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:37 amWhat does black metal scene and the movie Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom have in common? - "Anything goes!".
As long as it works, Man!
Cerastes

Post by Cerastes »

Boreas wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:46 am
obnoxion wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:37 amWhat does black metal scene and the movie Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom have in common? - "Anything goes!".

If you think that anything is allowed in the Black Metal scene, go wear an orange dress on a Belphegor concert. I was asked what the hell is wrong with me all evening. :lol: (Nevermind, I still like my orange dress)
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
(Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Cerastes wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:18 am
Boreas wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:46 am

If you think that anything is allowed in the Black Metal scene, go wear an orange dress on a Belphegor concert. I was asked what the hell is wrong with me all evening. :lol: (Nevermind, I still like my orange dress)
Well, obviously the line has to be drawn somewhere...
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Both of you haven't read the unwritten, deeply esoteric rules of Black metal satanism. I now reveals the secret.

1.There is no questioning of the authority of the scene Police, also known as tyrants.

2.Nazism / Fascism is, if not good, then necessary. No working.

3. Nietzsche is a God.

4. Only Black clothing.

5. Blood must be spilled.

6. Individualism is fine unless it is the wrong kind.

7. Satan is the Absolute evil, hence good.

8. Kill your pets. Unless they are werewolfs.

9. Taking money from your Christian aunt is Forbidden, unless it is used for gear.

10. Murder is inevitable. Kill yourself.

11. No fun.

12. No mosh.

13. Do I fit in?

14. War! (as civil servants)

Now you are ready to give yourself to the Master of all abominations in the correct manner. If you wish to be initiated further, accept no laws.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

There must be a reason why black metal, despite its several artistic merits, has had so much attention on this topic of most questionable occult authorities. But I think that hence forth there needs to be a separate topic for black metal, or to occult rock music in general. Although, if that topic is mostly going to be about BM jokes, I think we can do without it....
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

It could be a very good topic to discuss Black metal's artistic and philosophical value, since I think many here do appreciate its subtle nyances apart from the mainly unintentional humorous Aspects.