Different kinds of Antichristian Satanism

Convictions, morals, other societies and religions.
Nefastos

Different kinds of Antichristian Satanism

Post by Nefastos »

It may seem odd, but only in a last year or so I have actually noticed how much the Lutheran form of Christianity have been creating my expression on Satanism.

I don't say, nor feel, that my innermost feelings about the Satan as spiritual entity are made up by Christian sources, but what aspects I have felt necessary to touch in my writings are in many ways selected by/with the rebellion against mainly Protestant Christian view points. Now, when the Catechism of Lucifer (being directed against the new Lutheran Cathecism and mimicking its textual form) is finally released on February, this aspect of the work will be more clear.

From that basis, what do you think are the different kinds of Satanism on different countries; what would be their differencies, what thems of dogmas of the Church are they standing against most?

What is Anti-Catholic Satanism?
What is Anti-Orthodoxian Satanism?
What is Anti-Protestant Satanism?
Or Anti-Other-Religion-Than-Christianity-Satanism?

& cetera.

Note: I'm not saying that Satanism is a part of Christianity in essence, for that's a point I can't accept. But the form of worship that surrounds our devotion necessarily creates a referencial context that can't be altogether dismissed.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Fomalhaut

Re: Different kinds of Antichristian Satanism

Post by Fomalhaut »

I have never thought about it this way, honestly. But it is very interesting point. As I was raised in a country where the majority of population is muslim, I have a strong Anti-Islamic attitude. And I suffered because of the Islamic dogmas during my whole life time there(mostly spiritually which is worse than suffering physically). One of the biggest contradictions in Islam is they say it is the religion of peace. When I look at countries of Islam, I see no peace in most of the Islam countries. And when I look at history of Islam, there is no peace. Killing innocent people in the name of jihad and for being able to go to heaven is not a peaceful act. I can write here hundreds or even thousands of examples of dogmas and contradictions about Islam, but I think it would be useless.

On the other hand, I think that all the Abrahamic Religions are almost same. Their names, prophets and some customs & rituals might be different but in the end overall they have no differences in my eyes. They have been used for the enslavement of the human souls for centuries.
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
— C.G. Jung
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

I see satansim as an integral part of christian tradition, or at least my satanism is, and completely antichristian standpoint is a type of satanism that i cannot relate to. But i have thought about the themes of this question before, and i have some thoughts on the matter.

I think catholic satanism would be very dualistc and mystic pursuit. It certainly would harnes the powerful sacraments of catholicism. Its dualism would be some form of religious passion for the mystery of evil, balancing between debauchery and romanticism. It would certainly be apocalyptic and dreaming of war. Its mysticism of evil could be like something from the books of Jean Genet.

The protestant churches are empty of pictures and spirit, and her sacraments are lukewarm. If something seems to be against the spirit of modern protestantism, it is the search for religious experience of any kind. And i think that the basis of serious satanism in protestant contexts is the search for religious experiens, or a religion you can experience.

I think that orthodoxian satanism wouldn't bother with much rebellion, although it could very well be iconoclastic. I think that a life dedicated to a well formed orthodoxia satanism could be a very serene and magical one, if one could integrater the orthodoxian oservances as part of it.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Aquila

Post by Aquila »

I think that lately I've been going through a form of anti-buddhism-Satanism (mostly against the "western forms" of buddhism). Sounds funny, even hilarious, but it is a serious struggle with the easily corruptive and dishonest idea of letting go that has been harped on too much. As with Jesus, I have nothing against the basic teachings of Buddha, but some western interpretations (maybe just my own) seem to emphase that you should just conform and "change inside" that usually means that you just escape your negative emotions without really feeling and going through difficult experiences that you're holding inside. At worst these views of modern western buddhism are very hypocritical and only aim to put ones own "goodness" on a pedestal.
Sebomai

Post by Sebomai »

obnoxion wrote: I think catholic satanism would be very dualistc and mystic pursuit. It certainly would harnes the powerful sacraments of catholicism. Its dualism would be some form of religious passion for the mystery of evil, balancing between debauchery and romanticism. It would certainly be apocalyptic and dreaming of war. Its mysticism of evil could be like something from the books of Jean Genet.
I agree with the Catholic Satanism, as that's very much where I've come from most of my life. Adulthood as well as childhood. As a kid, playing Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, I used to read about the demons and devils in the books and have Sacramental Eucharistic celebrations with Saltine crackers, haha.
obnoxion wrote:I think that orthodoxian satanism wouldn't bother with much rebellion, although it could very well be iconoclastic. I think that a life dedicated to a well formed orthodoxia satanism could be a very serene and magical one, if one could integrater the orthodoxian oservances as part of it.
I have had the same feeling. One, I badly want to own copies of the Philokalia to read and determine how I'd make that a part of Satanic practice. And secondly, I would love, despite not having any artistic talent that I am aware of, learn to create Satanic Orthodox icons, like the wonderful icons that the Orthodox seem to be swimming in. So much beauty and (un)holiness could be created with such images and it is a wonder to me that there are not more practitioners of this as an art and devotional form yet.

(Editing because I have new information): I just found the complete Philokalia, all four volumes, on the Kindle for 1.99 USD. I snatched it up. :) The formatting is atrocious but who cares at that price? Anyway, this will help me in my quest to see what an Orthodox Satanism would be. I find it ironic that I'm so interested in this, as I never was Orthodox and never knew anyone Orthodox who was particularly close to me. I guess it's having seen hints of it all my life as a Roman Catholic and thinking that, as aesthetically pleasing as Catholicism was, the Orthodox ways were even MORE SO! :)
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Alocer wrote:Anyway, this will help me in my quest to see what an Orthodox Satanism would be.
I cannot wait hear about your results!

Lately i've considered another type of Othodoxian satanism. It could very well ressurect the old Bogomil ideas, like the smashing of the crosses, denial of the baptism, equality of the Two Principles and so on. As one of the oldest and most formidable enemies of Bysantine Christianity, it could draw power even from the late paganism of the Bulgarien Empire, profiting from the idea that the chuch's enemies are vastly more ancient than She is.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

What is the Bulgarien Empire? I don't want to google everything. It's more real, if i'm educated by a frater.

I have been thinking about making satanic icons of some kind. I don't really know how icons are made technically, but i have the necessary skills and i suppose it might be pointless, to make these icons too orthodox anyway. I was going to ask Nefastos, or someone else who knows symbolism, because i don't, about what symbols to use. I wouldn't want it too obvious with pentagrams etc.
Sebomai

Post by Sebomai »

Benemal wrote:I have been thinking about making satanic icons of some kind. I don't really know how icons are made technically, but i have the necessary skills and i suppose it might be pointless, to make these icons too orthodox anyway. I was going to ask Nefastos, or someone else who knows symbolism, because i don't, about what symbols to use. I wouldn't want it too obvious with pentagrams etc.
If you come up with anything, please, let me know. And if you have the skills, perhaps we could work together on it. I'm not as familiar with the symbolism as I'd like so maybe we'd still need to ask Fra. Nefastos or one of the other members here. But I am familiar with the whole idea of the Orthodox iconography and it being a window into the Divine. If we could come up with some color correspondences to go with the symbolism, we could devise a way to make them truly magical. This is all if you'd want to work with someone else anyway. I think the entire concept of Satanic iconography, in a semi-Orthodox style, is one of the most exciting artistic and devotional things I can think of.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Benemal wrote:What is the Bulgarien Empire?
The First Blugarian Empire dates 680-1020 common era, and at the time was the main rivaling power against the Byzantium. One of its pagan leaders, Khan Krum or "Krum the Horrible", shattered the myth of the invincibility of the Byzantine Empire by killing the Empereor Nikephoros and paralyzing his son. It is said that Khan Krum made a drinking cup out of the Emperor's skull.

Later Bulgaria became the center of Salvonic civilization. Also the Bogomil Heresy began from the area of the Bulgarian Empire.
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Alocer, painting is lonely work and i don't know if collaboration is possible or productive, but as i said before, i need some ideas. Can you recommend a source for images of beautiful iconography? Perhaps i'll make one that's mock christian.

Obnoxion, if there's a good book about this culture, i would be very interested. I'm passionately interested in history, but find it often difficult read about. Perhaps this summer i can focus on it properly.