The most important occult authorities for you

Convictions, morals, other societies and religions.

Who are the most important occult authorities for you?

Total votes: 0
Sebomai

Re: The most important occult authorities for you

Post by Sebomai »

I responded with Religious and spiritual texts and now, I kinda wish I hadn't. Since I was asked to pick human authorities. I also picked Crowley and I've read alllllllllllll the many things that can be said against him and tend to agree with almost all of them. And I don't particularly see him as a personal shining authority on what I do now. However, he sparked my mind and my thirst for magical living for so many years, I'd be remiss not mentioning him. And I also voted for Other Left Hand Path. Mainly Dragon Rouge and TotBL, like many of you others.

Now, who would I have voted for other than Religious texts? A human authority? Well, Peter Carroll. He also fired my imagination for a long, long time. I learned a lot that I still use to this day. It was a little slipshod and a little strange and sometimes comically weird. But I still feel that he contributed a great, great deal to my growth and, for that, I am grateful. So just change my third vote to "Other." :D
Tulihenki

Re: The most important occult authorities for you

Post by Tulihenki »

Blavatsky has been the most important occultist to me. Discovering Isis Unveiled was really a groundbreaking moment because it gave me the language what I was looking for. I think that it's common to feel inside something great and somekind of destiny, but finding words and meaning to this inner essence can be hard and beyond tremendous suffering or searching. I'm still studying The Secret Doctrine and I just ordered Gottfried de Puruckers ''The Esoteric Traditions'', which I hope to give some advices on my studies.

I say that theosophical movement generally has played crucial part of my life.

Then there's Bon master Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche whose teachings/books has been greatly purifying and spiritually inspiring.

Religious texts in general is also my choice. The Bible is the most closest then gZi-brjid which is the most important collection of texts in tradition of Bon. In gZi-brjid I feel same old magic as is in the Old Testament; something far beyond this world.

Also relating to Bon, Namkhai Norbu, is indispendable. His book ''Drung, Deu and Bön'' is like a timetrip to ancient times in Tibet and yet it gives so much to this day.