Your Ideology: A Goth or a Vampire?

Convictions, morals, other societies and religions.
Nefastos

Re: Your Ideology: A Goth or a Vampire?

Post by Nefastos »

Benemal wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:44 pmAnother subtle message, perhaps?

How I understand the world, including the (always hermeneutic) communication between people, is that everything is filled with subtle messages, but they are never blunt. Should messages become tags and tongs and hammers, it's not a nice game to play, and should be avoided accordingly.

Benemal wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:44 pmI see them, but I usually have no reply. I've never stopped being pratyeka (I don't know what Cartazon is).

Cartazon is a Tibetan unicorn, in a way a yogi symbol, as in this article.

Kavi wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:55 pmWhat I find more fascinating/depressing from point of view of occultism is that in many of these texts there is always the narrative that the person like Caesar should somehow inhabit many beasts inside one. Idea of man containing many spirits within and applying this in axiom of microcosm makes sense, but it's really tricky thing.
I guess even in Leviathan one has this concept, one uses or becomes the demon in order to bind the beast of men.

I don't follow completely. Are you speaking of the Leviathan of Hobbes and Bailey, a group considered as a unit?

Kavi wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:37 pmJust maybe I didn't recall it correctly and this doesn't belong to here except if one can think about it through vampirism also through unethical acts done in cover, but I don't know all the mythology and stories in order to give any interpretation.

Coming back to the sparkling vampire topic, the reason why I actually personally hate the Twilight type vampires, and all those new wave vampire stories which were a big issue some fifteen years ago or so, is that to this story line belongs a subtle (actually not so subtle) idea that feeding on others is a cool way to give you superpowers with no actual downside. Even LaVey had healthy thoughts about this subject, all too common in occult circles:

The Satanic Bible wrote:Satanism represents responsibilities to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires. Many people who walk the earth practice the fine art of making others feel responsible and even indebted to them, without cause. (...) Psychic vampires drain others of their vital energy. This type of person can be found in all avenues of society. (p.75)

Vampirism is one of those occult phenomena which are visible also to the profane people who do not believe in supernatural, and almost everyone knows some people who have followed this awful road. Like LaVey said, this is not a societal issue, but psychological & energetical. It's based on tragically wounded view on one's self, a deeply rooted feeling of personal worthlessness, which often on the outside takes the form of arrogance and thinly veiled hostility. An undead state occurs because of this, one becomes enclosed in a self-sealed tomb. And although this is a symbolistic expression, an occultist understands that if such choices are made consistently during physical life, the same will repeat also after the person's death. And like the folklore states, this state is also contagious: people who become victims of vampires, drained of their energetic vitality and soul that is healthy and self-demanding self-respect (especially if that is done when they are young), become vampires themselves. This is very grim, and results from the idea that we are in the world to be served by it, not to serve it ourselves.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Nefastos wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:09 am How I understand the world, including the (always hermeneutic) communication between people, is that everything is filled with subtle messages, but they are never blunt. Should messages become tags and tongs and hammers, it's not a nice game to play, and should be avoided accordingly
I guess when I don't fully understand, I interpret it as subtlety. I'm a dumb smart person, like a child.
Nefastos wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:09 am Cartazon is a Tibetan unicorn, in a way a yogi symbol
I'll read that article later. Now I think there's some reason unicorns have been on my mind. It's not because of Blade Runner.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Benemal wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:50 pmI'll read that article later. Now I think there's some reason unicorns have been on my mind. It's not because of Blade Runner.

You can find it in Finnish here. Some day we may meet to discuss about magic ponies & unicorns, but please don't take this as a subtlety either. I've just been a brony ever since I saw Rob Zombie's Halloween II and understood the idea of the white horse: basically, it means that you are so insanely frustrated that you start killing people at random. That made me join the club sparkle. (Not vampires in the above discussed meaning though, just the glitter part, which is pretty much its opposite. These are two aspects of the downward path, one taking the energy of others by manipulating them, and the opposite form of fall, the violent explosion of energy, unable to build any more bridges to communicate.)

I find it interesting that this became a discussion about human monsters, from evil emperors to human ogres. So much for the comic relief. But that's how the trickster swings: some day you end up with a rose or a rabbit, another time it's the plank-hit to the back of your head.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

I watched the episode last night instead of my usual nighttime Golden Girls and I think I'm a goth at heart, and was for so many years, but somehow I'm now a douchebag vampire wannabe boner. I don't even know how it happened! Glad to see I'm not the only one.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

50 % Goth (smoking and coffee) and 0 % Vampire.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Angolmois wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:49 pm0 % Vampire
I understand your reluctance, but by episode 181 standards "following the occult" already gives you a substantial 25% in Vampirism.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:22 pm
Angolmois wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:49 pm0 % Vampire
I understand your reluctance, but by episode 181 standards "following the occult" already gives you a substantial 25% in Vampirism.
Yes, if one takes away the continuing sentence "while avoiding things that are bad for your health" which I don't do.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Interesting interpretation, and might shake my Goth percents. For in that case also drinking coffee & smoking seem to stand or fall together, and I smoke very rarely. It seems our sacred founding text of Episode 181 Transcript is already dividing the ranks of the new order theologists, but I expected nothing less.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Don't worry, you shouldn't get all gloomy and gothic if you're less a goth than it takes.

I do wear almost only Black but that's not because it's nice. "The only color that can paint my soul" is one reason but also because I have no money for new clothes, or I choose to put the little money I have for other things than clothing.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Maybe this topic is also fit for asking which ones of these types you affiliate the most: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUe_rrgK_nU