Qualitative and Quantitative Time & Eternity

Rational discussions on metaphysical and abstract topics.
Angolmois

Qualitative and Quantitative Time & Eternity

Post by Angolmois »

First I thought I would make a long presentation of the topic, but I think I'll for now save my deeper thoughts for later discussion, and also I'll present some quotes and passages in the later discussion if the topic gets wind under its wings (from the book i just sold to a friend (Ananda Coomaraswamy, Time & Eternity) and the book I'm reading the second time (Robert Bolton, Order of the Ages), where the authors discuss the nature of time and eternity in depth).

Instead I ask you for now only:

How do you understand time and events? What do you think are the most formative and primal causes of qualitative and quantitative time? How do you understand time & eternity? Do you give focus on qualitative events of time in ritual work and in your daily life?
Polyhymnia

Re: Qualitative and Quantitative Time & Eternity

Post by Polyhymnia »

This is kind of a non-answer, but I don't.

Time is one of those constructs that I thought I understood as naturally as breathing or eating, but the older I get, this is not the case. In fact, eating and breathing is even more nuanced. What I do know is that I no longer think about time as something that we observe within our natural bodies via the process of aging. I believe that's only one facet of time, but that there is another facet that is eternal, one that stands still that contains moments of energetical exchange, that can be added to and changed, a continuum that isn't bound to what our physical bodies experience.

My ritual work is definitely measured qualitatively, with the belief that the things I do now are not necessarily bound to even this physical life, but add towards my soul's Work within this life, the next, the former, as part of the Great Whole.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran