A New Concept of the Sacred

Rational discussions on metaphysical and abstract topics.
Angolmois

A New Concept of the Sacred

Post by Angolmois »

I believe the world is going on a "paradigm shift" and it brings with it a new concept of the sacred, and the way it manifests in mankind's individualisation. In this bringing forth the new concept of the sacred I see the work of joining the hands as very integral if we wish to avoid both LHP and RHP pitfalls. I also see antinomian phenomenon as integral in bringing forth this new idea of what the sacred is into cultural manifestations and the healing and ascendance of the human civilization in the upcoming age, as long as the antinomian behaviour doesn't stay in the domain of simple negation and reveal real corruption. I think holy apostasy is a good word to describe it positively.

Do you agree that there is upcoming a new way to see the sacred? In what way do you think it will manifest in the world, and how it should manifest?
Nefastos

Re: A New Concept of the Sacred

Post by Nefastos »

My answer to this question is the Star of Azazel as a whole.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:06 am My answer to this question is the Star of Azazel as a whole.
Yes, most certainly! I was kind of hoping that we'd discuss cultural phenomenon also and the way that a "new understanding of Satan" will penetrate and influence culture, art etc.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Let me take a curious point of view to this discussion via two figures: Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot. While Sherlock is a traditional European intellectual, Hercule POirot is more like a Catholic intellectual and even a mystic. While Sherlock is clearly an aristocratic figure, Hercule is a little more bourgeois even measuring their physical status. I see in them Satan very much in both; in Sherlock's faustianism, and in Hercule's clear intellectual intuition with which he solves the crimes, while Holmes relies almost totally to his faustian intellect and cunning. While Holmes does even some compromising things (while looking from the point of view of bourgeois moralism), they are also very Christ-like in that he friendfully converses with the lowest dregs of society and helps them while they help him. Poirot never falters from his spiritual and ethical measures. Holmes is more a renegade, while Poirot is almost a rosi-crucian in following the ethical norms of the current society. In the times of greatest need Poirot even invokes God to interfere, while Holmes follows his own instinct to the end.

While both of the cultural heroes turn up in the turn of the 19th century, they refer in my opinion to the intellectual and spiritual atmosphere of the times, with the first rising of Satanism also in different forms. I think it is integral that we learn from the figures such as Holmes and Poirot and learn to unify these two sides in ourselves also in our own work. This is only a single short example what I hoped to spark with this discussion.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Figures more directly related Satanism are of course Nietzsche, Crowley and Lavey, for whom the sacred basically meant something that breaks the norms and is thus satanic at least sociologically speaking. I basically agree with Nefastos (Argarizim) in that they all took their inspiration from the same Master and the rising star of Luciferianism / Satanism, but failed to realize the mystery to its ontological roots, and all their ideologies are somewhat grey or black, but because the esoteric / occult core was misinterpreted (because of not being realized or known) by them to some degree, their praxis also leads to problems if being imitated. For Lavey the sacred was of the flesh and sinful from the christian point of view, for Crowley it was basically in breaking the current victorian mores, and for Nietzsche it was titanic faustian aristocracy of the will to power and the confusion between the sacred and the profane, of the Life and Super-Life (mehr als leben / mehr leben).
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Getting back to the concept of the sacred itself, I think one of the key words in this is the theme of The Beauty and the Beast, where the beast will be a handsome prince when it is loved as it is. This kind of integration with the shadow, the night, the dark and even fearsome will in my opinion lead to a new beautiful flowering of human understanding and will not be left without clear and ascending imagery and art, literature and architecture in the cultural arena. Waiting for that first temple to Ódhinn and Loki in the North, Temple to Väinölä , Kaleva and Pohjola in Finland etc.!
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

William Blake's concept marriage of heaven and hell also came to mind when it is seen as an expression of non-dualism. I tend to see in the concept of marriage of heaven and hell an echo of the aryo-buddhist view about the identity of Nirvana and Samsara.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

My friend, you are painting with so wide strikes, with so many different colours, that eventually anything becomes everything. While this is, in a way, very true in the careful web of the universal macrocosm itself, for a human mind such an approach leads nowhere fast. Remember what you wrote just recently:
Rúnatýr wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:45 pmmy long depression feels like it's finally gone without mania coming into its place.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:23 pm My friend, you are painting with so wide strikes, with so many different colours, that eventually anything becomes everything. While this is, in a way, very true in the careful web of the universal macrocosm itself, for a human mind such an approach leads nowhere fast.
I had simply nothing else to do than write into the forum so I thought it better to be active, paint with a wide brush and bring some viewpoints to the thread that could be discussed.