Faith & Separation

Rational discussions on metaphysical and abstract topics.
Smaragd

Re: Faith & Separation

Post by Smaragd »

Nefastos wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:16 pm
Boreas wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:33 pmTo the whole question of separation and unity, I think the question basically lies in buddhi. When that is acknowledged and practiced whole-heartedly it can take almost any form of practical separation or unification depending on the situation, and apparent separation can work for unity and apparent unification for separativity.

Yes! This is precisely the buddhi that connects to âtma and to manas. When we speak about love (buddhi as great view on unity granting empathy), people often think about sentimentality, softness that yields in a way that is weak. This must change. This must change.

Sadly, the way to that change is long. Too often people who seemingly yield do so with passive aggression, confusing their actual unconfessed guilt to the role of the scapegoat.
I tried to think of the most intensive trials I’ve had wielding ”the sheathed sword” and shake some problematic applications of it to understand why I’m bothered by this so much. It seems like the passive aggressive state is quite common reaction to the weak conquers strong philosophy. The philosophy is so unarming that it can just shut down the other person to passive state of tiredness (or passive aggression), as one could be used to a sparring partner cutting each other to forget the problems at hand and without such a defense available the next is just a shut down. Thus I questioned if the nonviolence of the philosophy could in some cases be "seemingly unifying". I felt like I should write a ridiculous manual that goes through all sorts of emphases to help the passivity from happening, but as the change is so long it is obvious a lot of space (i.e. passive time) need to be given for us to learn to do the unifying work, which is often made rotten again by the passive aggressive fire smoldering in the silence. A vicious cycle, that is.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Soror O

Post by Soror O »

Boreas wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:33 pm To the whole question of separation and unity, I think the question basically lies in buddhi. When that is acknowledged and practiced whole-heartedly it can take almost any form of practical separation or unification depending on the situation, and apparent separation can work for unity and apparent unification for separativity.
This is my view on this matter also.

In my personal life I have - after a peculiarly intense period of mortification - given myself back to the world through my professional calling (nursing). This service has become part of my path. I regurarly experience patients/ foster care kids as Jesus Christ, I am Mary of Magdalene washing his holy feet with her hair. I repent having ever thought myself as separate (of any being). And it's a sweet repentance because it allows me to be in touch with the Truth, my lover. Yet in the same time, in my private life I've grown even more selective with people. But can this current way of mine in its holy logic can still be but a self-deceptive construct? That's why Nefastos' question "But how?" (does one close the gap between separation and unification in continuous matter) is so crucial. How is it done, really? And like Boreas referred, it can be done via myriad (and multi-leveled) combinations. By sensing what and when to separate, and what and when to unify. In this sensing the breathing heart-intellect -axis is elementary. I refuse to know where I stand, for I don't know the landscape which my senses reveil. Still, it's something that I could remember.
If you want to reborn, let yourself die.
RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

Nefastos wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:51 am
RaktaZoci wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:01 pmBut it still is a regrettable fact that we do live in Malkuth, which still is "the kingdom", despite its heaviness. It is important to remember that it is, after all, here that we do our work and in this way influence others, which could give the aspirant some encouragement.

One of the many things I have learned from studying Zohar is that Malkuth can mean so many things. Basically the poles of Binah & Malkuth seem to form the basic polarities in every possible plane, and therefore there are as many Malkuths as there are contexts to ponder it. And now when the Sermon on the Mount has been already mentioned several times, we can see the Sephiroth glorified in an almost orthodoxically Jewish way at the end of Pater Noster, where several Sephira get mentioned. So, there is no longer anything sad about being in Malkuth, for our Malkuth can very well be that spiritual kingdom of the initiates, no longer the profane world of collapsed values.
This indeed is the matter. The same correspondence can be found in Hebrew from many places, like the LBRP ritual. I guess this hints to the original esoteric aspects also christianity once held and has been embraced by many gnostic and other sects, using popular religion as a stepping stone.

And of course Malkuth is always our Malkuth, in the same way my Kabbalah will never be your Kabbalah and so on. The terms originally refer to something pure and untainted, but has often been made thus by the (usually ignorant) personnel involved. Quite fittingly to this conversation, there is a hint of Kether in Malkuth as there is a hint of Malkuth in Kether. They are One but also None. 1 and 0, together and separately. In this there is a hidden truth.
die Eule der Minerva beginnt erst mit der einbrechenden Dämmerung ihren Flug.
-Hegel
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Speaking of the sephiras, I have amused myself with the kabbalistic phrase that The Heart of Samael is Metatron's Feets. It really describes well the unity and separation of the different archetypes and emanations, and the fourfoldness of the Tree of Life.

You can find it included in this Tarot - The Devil descriptions: https://worldpolaris.com/2020/04/16/tar ... aholainen/
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:51 am I was writing a commentary from this same chapter of the Sermon of the Mount at the same you were writing this. (O, what a joy it is to be commenting the New Testament instead of the Old–!) I wrote:
From the beatitudes it is immediately seen how hard (impossible) it is to fit Jesus' doctrine into bourgeois, complacent form of life. The doctrine of Jesus ("avatâra of Shiva") does not stabilize, but takes apart fossilized constructions: it seeks to heal, not to hold. Jesus turns the doctrine of the profane world upside down, presenting as blessed exactly those whom the world sees as unhappy, whenever this belongs to the union with the spiritual world – "the kingdom of heaven". Even though there are different classes of "blessed ones", the red thread is found from gentleness. Thus the doctrine of Jesus is from the beginning more feminine than it is masculine; peace-bringing and yet active in strive. Such is a very interesting amalgam when it is seen together with the taking apart of constructions, and brings to mind a warrior without a weapon or armour. Such "weak conquers the strong" -thinking is more common in the East, and can be seen prominent in Taoism.
If you're scarce on source material for this line of thought or want to check it out, there's a book "Christ the Eternal Tao" by Hieromonk Damascene in which he compares Taoism and Christian doctrine and presents Lao Tzu as a Far-Eastern prophet of the Incarnate Word and as an foreshadowing of Christ.

https://www.amazon.com/Christ-Eternal-T ... 600&sr=8-3