Euhemistic manifestation of mythological archetypes

Rational discussions on metaphysical and abstract topics.
Angolmois

Euhemistic manifestation of mythological archetypes

Post by Angolmois »

I thought I start with a short example this thread and tell later more about my thoughts of the matter. Hopefully this sparks conversation!

Whan I've been thinking lately is how traditional mythological archetypes manifest themselves among humanity and different peoples and cultures. I've been especially interested in the archetypes of Kalevala and how they manifest themselves among FInnish people but also other cultures and peoples. I have been thinking that the Phenomenon know as euhemism is the way gods, heroes, villains and archetypes of mythology are principles that manifest in different times in the evolution of the people and culture, so that they are principles manifesting through humanity's especially spiritual evolution, myths breaking and bursting into history so to speak.

There are for example "Kullervo souls" that are especially young men with a bad karma; there are Lemminkäis-souls - great lovers and heroic Christos-souls - there are Ilmaris-souls, the intellectual types and, Väinämöis-souls, spiritual men, and Feminine archetypes manifest themselves in women, Louhi especially being a archetype for an old cranky yet wise women. My love for young blond girls makes me see Pohjanneito-souls in young adult women, especially blondes, hahaha. ;)

I have reckoned that this is a rarely noticed and not very well known thing among the modern peoples, but it still exists, I believe, and with the complete recognition of the phenomena one can know especially ones own archetype and how it manifests in ones own life; this being however only one of the keys to understanding the thing in all of its wideness and depth. My own deepest archetype is, since I'm a Cancer, Väinämöinen; other Kalevala heroes and gods manifest themselves in other star signs. There are also other archetypes that I recognize in myself, depending whether one talks about ones personality star sign, soul star sign etc.

What do you think?
Insanus

Re: Euhemistic manifestation of mythological archetypes

Post by Insanus »

I feel that our present time (or maybe I'm talking just about myself, what else is new) is in a process of reorganizing the mythological structure of the soul in lack of better expression. I feel like new gods are being constructed like frankenstein's monsters and that this is the case for our souls, and certainly bodies too. These "new gods" are something like harmonious organizing principles for broken culture of spare parts, gods made out of demons. How to be psychically open and not schizophrenic here? All the broken mirrors show twisted versions of almost recognizable meanings, who is to stay sane and serious?
How to crystallize a god out of this flux? Everything seems like shadows with no self.
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Following, in a way, what Insanus said above, I too tend to think that our time cannot undone its dharma of disintegration & re-integration. That is, every one of us must go through several of these archetypal "bodies" (of energy & story) to put together a Frankenstein monster that ends up being the actual new divine being. Let us remember that in the original story of Shelley, the "monster" was most beautiful and intelligent creature: it became a "monster" only because its hubric maker became terrified of his own work and ended up cursing his artificial child, thus making it parentless & guideless, full of chaotic rage.

I think that this egregorian story is valid in many ways in our modern ways, concerning things psychological as well as scientifical, cultural, & even occult. Our time is already so extremely fragmented that every try to make oneself an avatar of one idea only is in serious danger of becoming psychically disturbed. C.G. Jung has spoken well about this great danger of becoming a "hero", reliving an archetypal role, where a whole human being must be something else than an archetype presentation.

So there are two poles of dangers: extreme fragmentation, that is ultimate profanity of our age, and on the other end, spiritualist's extreme one-pointedness, which must become astrally saturated fanaticism because it cannot remain in the openly communicating presence of otherness. Exoterical correspondence of the latter is the many people's need to "choose a side" and thus become interlocked into an eternal fight between some political, cultural or whatever agendas. One of the most healthy aspects of what occultism could & should teach to our age is the idea of the man as a microcosm, a balanced whole where everything works with the other parts in nuances, very seldom in absolutes.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Nefastos wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:53 pm Following, in a way, what Insanus said above, I too tend to think that our time cannot undone its dharma of disintegration & re-integration. That is, every one of us must go through several of these archetypal "bodies" (of energy & story) to put together a Frankenstein monster that ends up being the actual new divine being. Let us remember that in the original story of Shelley, the "monster" was most beautiful and intelligent creature: it became a "monster" only because its hubric maker became terrified of his own work and ended up cursing his artificial child, thus making it parentless & guideless, full of chaotic rage.
I have found similar characters spiritually deep and appealing. My examples are resuscitated corpses, like Lazarus, who was well into decomposition untill brought back to life, and Lakulisa of India, understood to be the last Avatar of Shiva, who was a brahmini corpse that was brought back to life by Maheshvara.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.