Set vs Satan & beginning practices.

Rational discussions on metaphysical and abstract topics.
LoopGodel

Set vs Satan & beginning practices.

Post by LoopGodel »

Greetings everyone from just outside of Cape Town, South Africa.

I am very please to have found this forum and the writings of The Star of Azazel. Prior to discovering SoA, I have been reading materials & listening to podcasts regarding Set, particularly from Dr. Aquino, Don Webb & Dr. Stephen Flowers. I found much that was provocative and worthy of deeper meditation.

One of the concepts that was new to me - and which I am still seeking to understand - is that of "Isolate Consciousness", or what Dr. Flowers refers to as "Isolate Intelligence".

As far as I understand it, the Setian view sees this Isolate Intelligence as separate from the impermanent universe; however I am unclear as to whether it sees it as isolate/discreet/separate in an ultimate, ontological sense.

This leads on to my several questions, which I would appreciate your perspective on, namely:

Do you see Set and Satan as synonymous? Currently, I am tending to see Set-Satan and Lucifer-Christ as subjectively "opposite" poles of an underlying Unity.

Secondly, I am wanting to make contact with the Satan Archetype / Dark Lord, in a way that is sane and sensible. What would you suggest, toward a simple set of meditations & rituals, that would be suitable for someone like myself and how would you suggest I prepare for such a quest?

Thank you to everyone who contributes to make this Forum what it is.

Your fellow traveller on the Path.

RuZL aka Loop Godel.
Nefastos

Re: Set vs Satan & beginning practices.

Post by Nefastos »

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for the questions!
LoopGodel wrote:One of the concepts that was new to me - and which I am still seeking to understand - is that of "Isolate Consciousness", or what Dr. Flowers refers to as "Isolate Intelligence".

As far as I understand it, the Setian view sees this Isolate Intelligence as separate from the impermanent universe; however I am unclear as to whether it sees it as isolate/discreet/separate in an ultimate, ontological sense.

Since I am a student of the Eastern school via Blavatskian Theosophy, I disagree with the idea of anything "separate" (from God the Great Unity) having metaphysical, psychological or magical basis. In the philosophy of the Star of Azazel, the seemingly separate entity of our higher Ego, "Lucifer-Christos" or by whichever name we call that divinity inside, is actually even more united to the Absolute than we as mask-personalities are. Verity of any entity comes from its unity with one and only absolute spirit, and any process that seems to separate itself from that whole only projects itself as a shadow reality under our cosmos, becoming a fallen shadow without a substance of its own. Such a fallen spark starts to diminish as soon as it leaves its source, and its prolonged life is soon only a ghost reflection in the nature's mirror (astral light). According to The Voice of Silence, separatism is the "great heresy", a false doctrine that flatters man's little ego. Of course, that connectedness of the Egos and monads (conscious âtmic atoms in God, entities that together are the one divinity, only seen from all the possible different angles), does not in the smallest lessen their individual worth & everyone's need to find his or her own way of representing the One. And so, to a certain degree, the difference might be in the choice of words & underlying cosmology rather than practical one.

LoopGodel wrote:Do you see Set and Satan as synonymous?

Not per se, but so close, that in case one wants to apply that kind of vocabulary, I think it should work well.

LoopGodel wrote:Secondly, I am wanting to make contact with the Satan Archetype / Dark Lord, in a way that is sane and sensible. What would you suggest, toward a simple set of meditations & rituals, that would be suitable for someone like myself and how would you suggest I prepare for such a quest?

Starting with the daily use of the Prayer to Azazel (from Fosforos' Legifer & Clavis Magica) might be a good idea.

Personally I started my own path of dedication by making several summonings to Mephistopheles (from The 6th & 7th Books of Moses, but using my own blood instead of dove's, since I have never accepted animal sacrifice). The mentor of Faust has always been quite close to my idea about the subtle challenge of advanced, i.e. spiritual Satanism.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Heith

Post by Heith »

Welcome from me too.
LoopGodel wrote: Secondly, I am wanting to make contact with the Satan Archetype / Dark Lord, in a way that is sane and sensible. What would you suggest, toward a simple set of meditations & rituals, that would be suitable for someone like myself and how would you suggest I prepare for such a quest?
This is a difficult question in a sense that one doesn't know your temperament at all; what kind of things are more likely to resonate with you.

I was also going to suggest prayer work. Additionally I will share what to me has really helped to open up the prayer rituals and to make them feel more personal has been copying them carefully, aiming to beautiful calligraphy, choosing colours (these are listed in Fosforos I think) and symbolism which correspond with the day's prayer and decorating the pages of my ritual book with those during the correct days. I had been doing prayer work with simply reading these out from a book for quite a while before I felt the need for making my own book. But people are so different, and I don't think this is in any way necessary.

It's also a good idea to keep a diary. This soon helps you to remember your dreams better, so you can write those down. A good way to connect with your subconscious and with the thoughts or feelings that come up with embarking on a spiritual quest.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

I might be repeating something Nefastos or Heith already said, haven't read their answers yet and have no more time for editing my post.

The Monad is somewhat similar what the Isolate Consciousness refers to. The latter is looking it from the perspective of the matter as it sees it isolated from the impermanent world. This might work for someone for sometime, but it seems to hold very problematic elements. If we understand it ontologically absolutely isolate as the term suggest and we read it as our esoteric lode star, our work is not under love. We would forget one of the great corner stones and work as crippled beings. 'As above, so below' wouldn't apply. Monad on the other hand (or both hands, heh) includes both the Luciferian separation, and its unity in oneness. Contemplating this we may find secret paths that matter for this below world of suffering too.

Let us take a dying body for an example. In the impermanent world of matter our Monad or Spirit has gathered an image of itself to work the karma its intelligence is part of. When the gathered heaviness loses it's upholding force we easily make a notion the spirit has separated from this reality and the Monad would be isolated thing without its counterpart in the world of impermanence. But as said, Monad is part of the oneness, a droplet in a sea, meaning it is part of the dance of the impermanent world even when a body, it is sending dance impulses to, disassembles in to other bodies. I see the theosophic idea of adepts (who have succesfully identified themself as the monad) being able to visit other bodies, about this. The leftover matter and astral "fluids" of the body start to find new paths to be worked on, and the permanent Monad shines on from the state of nirvana it has always inhabited.

Isolated Consciousness still might be a great term to contemplate the Masks of Satan and the bare horrifying otherness.
I recall someone here saying something like "every archetype on it's own is a monster and it is the work of humans to find balance with them." This balance is the unity between the arcehtypes that are only aspects of the permanent power.
Knowing the mask one may find fruitful points in oneself to be worked on with the Lucifer-Christos noose ie. finding otherness and love to be the same thing in essence, and extending that holy place to the areas of fear that the unconscious keeps revealing. Ritual approaches near this might be found from the Tibetan Buddhist practice of chöd.

I don't feel like being in a place of giving straight instructions on practice but contemplating otherness in "buddhi" to me has been a fruitful and still after many years a challencing approach.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
LoopGodel

Post by LoopGodel »

Thank you Frater Nefastos, Soror Heith & Frater Smaragd for your warm welcome and valuable input - I really appreciate it. There is much food for thought.

I am currently reading Fosforos' Legifer & Clavis Magica very slowly and carefully. Your words, along with the book itself, are proving very helpful.

Onward & upward.

RuZL aka L.Godel.