Chaos

Rational discussions on metaphysical and abstract topics.
Nefastos

Re: Chaos

Post by Nefastos »

Red Bird wrote:In a lightning storm, the polarities are separated by friction and if the difference aka voltage is high enough to overcome the resistance of the air, a lightning is born. That would be chaos No. 3, I guess.

Also No. 2, I'd say. In fohatic "chaos", the one that can be channeled by magician consciously, the lightning is "held" (or rode, depending what kind of magic we are using). That kind of "chaos" is exactly that "insanity of genius" in the more creative scientists, those able to work with almost pure manas (instead of the linear logistics of kâma-manas or formal intellect).

The difference between a magician and a cultural genius (scientist or artist connecting his manas to cultural instead of purely energetical world) is that the first one has made whole his own "auric egg" by, paradoxically, breaking through it. Thus born "auric bird" no longer needs otherness outside himself in order to create. (Of course, he can also be much less important member for the humankind to develop. This is why theosophical occultism preaches quite strongly against simple magical working, and demands altruistic mindset & cultivates the virtues of teaching.)
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Cerastes

Post by Cerastes »

Nefastos wrote:
Red Bird wrote:In a lightning storm, the polarities are separated by friction and if the difference aka voltage is high enough to overcome the resistance of the air, a lightning is born. That would be chaos No. 3, I guess.

Also No. 2, I'd say. In fohatic "chaos", the one that can be channeled by magician consciously, the lightning is "held" (or rode, depending what kind of magic we are using). That kind of "chaos" is exactly that "insanity of genius" in the more creative scientists, those able to work with almost pure manas (instead of the linear logistics of kâma-manas or formal intellect).

The difference between a magician and a cultural genius (scientist or artist connecting his manas to cultural instead of purely energetical world) is that the first one has made whole his own "auric egg" by, paradoxically, breaking through it. Thus born "auric bird" no longer needs otherness outside himself in order to create. (Of course, he can also be much less important member for the humankind to develop. This is why theosophical occultism preaches quite strongly against simple magical working, and demands altruistic mindset & cultivates the virtues of teaching.)
Ahh, thanks. I think I finally get it.
Now the bridge to Fohat becomes more understandable.

This is also the reason why I like to work with scientist who are balancing at the borderline to insanity.
It seems to me like kâma-manas is ruling the rest of the world.
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
(Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)
RPSTOVAL

Post by RPSTOVAL »

I believe Chaos is the defining trait of the material universe. Chaos itself is more of a neutral term in my view, it can be easily seen as it's parallel: Order.
Things fall into place because of Chaos, coincidences. It is the way life is intended to be lived, not altruistically but in a way that embraces the levels of intense coincidence we live in. The reason many have shitty lives, is that they fall into the trap of thinking that the way they choose to live their life (in spite of whatever situations they may find themselves in) is the only way.
Via Coincidence itself (or Syncronicity, to use that Jungian term), I feel that it is quite literally (not metaphorically) the universe handing out freebies on a silver platter - but we choose to pass them off, on a daily basis. If you are in a 50 yard range of another thing, be it a book, a person, a lake, a restaurant - something coincidental is bound to happen and you're (in your condition) often just gonna rub it off and keep to your inclinations instead of embracing it.

Chaos Magick in it's purist sense, I think is a key to connecting further with the nature of reality/the universe/God. Chaos Magick sort of developed into a completely relativistic, meaningless charade in many of it's current forms. It's an individual venture but it's also a universal one if done right. :D
Chief adviser and magister templi at the Golden Apple Corps